    for streaming media that GOM will pick up on and play (when either
    clicked on or loaded into the add url option)?

    Thank you
    Martin R. Howell, Jun 14, 2009

  2. Martin R. Howell

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:09:02 -0700, Martin R. Howell
    <> wrote:

    >GOM Player is referenced in many locations on the web as capable of
    >playing upwards of 800 streaming media (television?) stations. Yet,
    >it comes with a default list of only about 15 or so and just a handful
    >of this included list of url's will actually play on GOM.
    >
    >Could anyone please furnish the location of a list of working url's
    >for streaming media that GOM will pick up on and play (when either
    >clicked on or loaded into the add url option)?
    >

    >Thank you

    Yes and it is also aimed directly at it' S Korean audience that watch
    GOM TV. Of several websites I looked at, none referenced your claim of
    800 streaming media stations.

    From what I can tell, it's just another media viewer tweaked and tuned
    into the Korean media. Be lucky you get anything to watch outside of S
    Korea.
    richard, Jun 14, 2009

  3. On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 21:51:59 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:09:02 -0700, Martin R. Howell
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>GOM Player is referenced in many locations on the web as capable of
    >>playing upwards of 800 streaming media (television?) stations. Yet,
    >>it comes with a default list of only about 15 or so and just a handful
    >>of this included list of url's will actually play on GOM.
    >>
    >>Could anyone please furnish the location of a list of working url's
    >>for streaming media that GOM will pick up on and play (when either
    >>clicked on or loaded into the add url option)?
    >>

    >>Thank you

    >Yes and it is also aimed directly at it' S Korean audience that watch
    >GOM TV. Of several websites I looked at, none referenced your claim of
    >800 streaming media stations.

    Look deeper than the first page google throws at you. The numbers
    range from 600 to 1700 according to several sites past page one of
    google's feedback.

    >From what I can tell, it's just another media viewer tweaked and tuned
    >into the Korean media. Be lucky you get anything to watch outside of S
    >Korea.

    The default url's do offer Bloomberg TV which works, as well as BBC
    News TV, An NBC(US) streaming sports channel, The Smile of a Child
    (most often assorted documentaries hosted by young reporters), Soleil
    TV (world music videos), and UWTV (college lectures and features from
    the University of Washington). There is an option to add other url's
    to the player. These are what I am after.

    Have you tried GOM Player? I have used most all media players, and
    find GOM to be easily the best of the lot.
    Martin R. Howell, Jun 14, 2009