    become MCSEs.

    Am I correct in thinking that we are able to upgrade from
    MCSA to MCSE in this manner?

    NetAdept, Jul 25, 2003

  2. NetAdept

    NetAdept Guest

    70-214 was not hard. I'm planning on doing ISA next to
    finish the security specialization. I'll go on to do 220,
    17, and 16 (leaving it till the end...) I'm planning on
    getting Security+ later. My main reason for going after
    ISA rather than Sec+ is that I'm going to be involved in
    implementing an ISA server to replace an old (and
    expensive) frame relay in the next few months and I want
    to be up on it.

    NetAdept, Jul 27, 2003

  3. NetAdept

    chris kirk Guest

    re:

    conrats on passing
    well that's a good reason.
    aside from not doing ISA and using sec+ i have the same
    plan, including saving 216 for last to get my MCSE:security
    what areas did the 214 cover?
    i plan on taking that right after sec+ (which i will take
    in about 3 weeks)
    chris k

    chris kirk, Jul 27, 2003
  4. Can you tell me how many questions there are and how long
    they give you to take it? This is my next exam.

    Thanks,
    Paul

    Paul Maingault, Jul 28, 2003
  5. NetAdept

    NetAdept Guest

    50 questions 120 minutes.

    Focus on PKI and Certificate authorities public and
    private. Also domain controller security policies and
    domain security policies. Know your authentication,
    encryption, and integrity protocols. Remote access stuff
    (VPN, RADIUS, IAS, NAT) and file security stuff. Auditing
    was a big part. How GPO's come into play with setting up
    security.

    NetAdept, Jul 28, 2003