    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    OldGringo38, Aug 18, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:17:58 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > See ya all Monday.

    Going to Marfa? Good luck with the crowds!

    Meat Plow, Aug 18, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    Mike Easter Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    Subject: Going to the big city
    > See ya all Monday.

    Would that be Fort Stockton or Van Horn?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 18, 2010
  4. OldGringo38 <> via

    > See ya all Monday.

    Walmart is NOT "the big city".

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this transmission
    was generated using a near-zero carbon footprint!

    http://www.theyost.com/images/viral/zero_carbon.gif

    Bucky Breeder, Aug 18, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    On 8/18/2010 12:17 PM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    > See ya all Monday.

    NYC?

    Muse Gruppes, Aug 18, 2010
  6. OldGringo38 wrote:
    > See ya all Monday.

    Not if I see you first!

    Oh, snap!

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 19, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    thanatoid Guest

    Bucky Breeder
    <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote
    in news:Xns9DD88D708D3DABuckyGram@216.151.153.168:

    > OldGringo38 <> via
    >
    >> See ya all Monday.

    > Walmart is NOT "the big city".
    >
    > HTH.

    Well, it made ME laugh out loud :)

    --
    Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
    reality.

    thanatoid, Aug 19, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/18/2010 11:41 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:17:58 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> See ya all Monday.

    > Going to Marfa? Good luck with the crowds!

    Crowds will be here come the end of the month.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/18/2010 1:02 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Easter wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    > Subject: Going to the big city
    >> See ya all Monday.

    > Would that be Fort Stockton or Van Horn?

    Neither.

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/18/2010 1:54 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> via
    >
    >> See ya all Monday.

    > Walmart is NOT "the big city".
    >
    > HTH.

    Closest WalMart to Marfa is 100 miles away :)

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/18/2010 2:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 08/18/2010 11:17 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> See ya all Monday.

    > Waco?

    Not even.

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  12. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/18/2010 3:19 PM Just to please that super-ego, Muse Gruppes wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > On 8/18/2010 12:17 PM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> See ya all Monday.

    > NYC?

    Na.

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/18/2010 7:15 PM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> See ya all Monday.

    > Not if I see you first!
    >
    > Oh, snap!

    I C U

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/18/2010 10:50 PM Just to please that super-ego, Zeke wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >> See ya all Monday.
    >> --
    >> OldGringo38
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    > El Paso or San Antonio

    El Paso

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  15. OldGringo38

    Mike Easter Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > Zeke

    >> El Paso or San Antonio
    >>

    > El Paso

    Hey, El Paso isn't the big(gest) city over there; Ciudad Juarez is twice
    as big population-wise.

    Let's see about some official stats and areas:

    We have the El Paso Metropolitan Area at .8mil and the EP city at .6mil

    Then we have the CJ - Juarez city at 1.5mil and the combined CJ EP -
    sometimes 'Paso del Norte' 2.3mil - said to be one of the largest
    cross-border metro areas in the world.

    So, you were definitely at the big city, no Stockton/Van Horn there.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 23, 2010
  16. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/23/2010 3:49 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Easter wrote

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn3JB51NH_M Located on Doniphan Dr.

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  17. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/23/2010 4:28 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Easter wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn3JB51NH_M Located on Doniphan Dr.

    > "Plotting the hints from Marty Robbins’ “El Paso” trilogy of songs, one
    > can determine approximately where to find Rosa’s Cantina. At a juncture
    > near where Texas, Chihuahua, and New Mexico converge, at the bottom of a
    > hill, with a back door from which the narrator can run, there is an
    > actual neighborhood bar called Rosa’s Cantina. Its address is 3454
    > Doniphan, El Paso,TX, and its ambience lends itself to the lyrics of the
    > three songs."
    >
    > http://www.elpasotimes.com/tiempo/ci_15761398 - Nightspots - El Paso
    > Times - Rosa's Cantina -- 3454 Doniphan. 833-0402.

    Some time in the 50's I was there and it was the pits, filthy, sink
    hanging off the wall behind the bar and roaches everywhere. Some time
    in the 80's I stopped again, and to my surprise I found a beautiful bar
    and grill huge horse shoe shaped bar in the middle, nice dance floor and
    a stage. Very clean and no roaches I could see. Large life size photo
    board of Marty Robbins and an electric scrolling sign telling the story
    of the song and how the bar did a turnaround. :)

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  18. OldGringo38

    http://tinyurl.com/25w4k6y

    OldGringo38, Aug 23, 2010
  19. OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 8/18/2010 1:54 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38<> via
    >>
    >>> See ya all Monday.

    >> Walmart is NOT "the big city".
    >>
    >> HTH.
    >>

    > Closest WalMart to Marfa is 100 miles away :)

    Not for long...

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 24, 2010
  20. OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 8/18/2010 7:15 PM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> See ya all Monday.

    >> Not if I see you first!
    >>
    >> Oh, snap!
    >>

    > I C U

    Look inside your shirt and spell "attic".

    :)

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 24, 2010