Going to take my 216 on Tuesday...

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Simon Rutley-Frayne, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. and I am cacking myself (very worried),

    I passed 210 & 215 which I thought was very relevant to the material I
    covered, once you wade through the useless text in the questions (I found MS
    tried to steer you in the wrong direction a few times to catch you out).

    But the 216 I have heard a lot of bad things about, like it's supposed to be
    the hardest exam to pass! Do I believe the hype and rumours, or is it too
    all relevant to the material I have covered.

    I have been using the SmartCertify courseware which I have found so far very
    good with excellent backup and Sybex books with CD examples and simulators.

    Anyway I just wondered if anyone can pass on some positive feed back about
    the exam and offer any tips, obviously I will be working hard revising over
    the weekend and I have Monday off (all being well at work) to revise too.

    Thanks for your time.

    --
    Simon Rutley-Frayne MCP +1
    IT Manager

    Simon Rutley-Frayne, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Simon Rutley-Frayne

    JaR Guest

    "Simon Rutley-Frayne" <> wrote in message
    > and I am cacking myself (very worried),

    Relax, Simon

    If you know your stuff, have experience with AD and DNS. You will do fine
    with the preparation you have done.

    Knock 'em dead.

    JaR
    MCSA MCNGP#.............................42

    JaR, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Simon Rutley-Frayne

    iCertify.net Guest

    Good luck on Tuesday!

    Take a deep breath before the exam, and then read each question three times
    before you answer it. This exam is not a walk in the park - but I also
    don't think its the hardest exam either. You are using lots of sources,
    which I like to see. It's best to have more than one reference...why put
    all your eggs into one basket. Whatever you do, don't study from 6pm the
    night before the exam on - that way you won't confuse yourself.
    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net

    iCertify.net, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Simon Rutley-Frayne

    MCSE Guest

    If you used SmartCertify, good luck, good thing you
    studied via sybex and have experience.

    Good luck anyways!!!

    MCSE, Dec 11, 2003
  5. Simon Rutley-Frayne

    MCSE World Guest

    Just make sure you know the basics of DNS, Active Directory, GPOs,
    etc...you'll be fine. Sybex is usually pretty good...not so sure about
    Smart Certifiy. Try the Transcenders for practice.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Dec 11, 2003
  6. Simon Rutley-Frayne

    Tri Guest

    Be carefull

    Tri, Dec 11, 2003
  7. Simon Rutley-Frayne

    zeze Guest

    May God be your helper
    could you write the score and tips i am going to take it tomorrow

    zeze, Dec 11, 2003
  8. Simon Rutley-Frayne

    Andrew Guest

    achieve my MCSA 2000 certificate. I can tell you it was
    the toughest of the 4 tests I took. I can offer several
    tips and things to study specifically if you would like to
    email me I will elaborate further for ya.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Dec 11, 2003
  9. Being a devonian by birth (strong in the arm and thick in the 'ead) I
    sympathise.

    You really need to remain calm and focus for the whole of the very
    short exam. Time may get away from you...

    The questions are written with loads of distractions which if you go
    too fast you will skip over and choose the wrong answer.

    I believe the exam is 2 hours or less these days meaning you get about
    2 mins for each of the questions.

    This exam is a real drain on your energy dont expect to do half a
    day's work and then sit the exam or sit the exam and do anything
    meaningful in the afternoon.

    It is often called the beast but it can be tamed.

    Final work of advice:

    re-read the last sentence in every paragraph in the questions as this
    is almost invariably where the question actually lies. Try and read
    aloud emphasising "not" or "And"

    Marlin Munrow, Dec 11, 2003
  10. Thank you all for your advice, I guess at the end of it all, its really up
    to me.

    Saturday has passed by (well nearly) and I am getting a bit sick of DHCP,
    DNS and WINS (just done a lot today).

    Without a doubt my weakest aspect is Subnetting and working out which IP
    addresses to use and when, but come Monday I will understand it (or the Cat
    gets it (only kidding:)).

    I did a 50 question test exam via Sybex and got 80%, not bad and hopefully I
    will do well, Damn it I will do well on Tuesday.

    You guys will be among the first to know how I get on.

    Thanks again.

    --
    Simon Rutley-Frayne MCP +1
    IT Manager