    All the Best, Joseph

    www.ExhumedFilms.com
    www.DiabolikDVD.com
    Joseph A. Gervasi \(Exhumed Films/Diabolik DVD\), Jan 31, 2004

  2. > Hi. I'm going to London for a week (Feb. 18 - 25, 2004) thanks to a cheap
    > flight and a free place to stay. I was there once before had a jolly good
    > time (sorry). I'm looking for any cool shops I might have missed

    Check out the Cinema Store near Leicester Square - its split into 2, one has
    toys and geeky merchandise, but the other has loads of DVDs including
    obscure rare/foreign stuff you wouldn't find in most places, as well as an
    incredible selection of movie-related books. Info here;
    http://www.the-cinema-store.com/shops.htm
    Matt Robinson, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Joseph A. Gervasi \(Exhumed Films/Diabolik DVD\)

    Mike7883uk Guest

    > Hi. I'm going to London for a week (Feb. 18 - 25, 2004) thanks to a cheap
    >> flight and a free place to stay. I was there once before had a jolly good
    >> time (sorry). I'm looking for any cool shops I might have missed

    >Check out the Cinema Store near Leicester Square - its split into 2, one has
    >toys and geeky merchandise, but the other has loads of DVDs including
    >obscure rare/foreign stuff you wouldn't find in most places, as well as an
    >incredible selection of movie-related books. Info here;
    >http://www.the-cinema-store.com/shops.htm

    Cinema Store is very good, for different types of merchandise, as its based in
    the centre of London, there prices are very high. You might find it more
    interested going round some UK music stores and seeing what Region 2 releases
    are available here. Time Out is a good idea, though for seeing whats on.

    Mike.
    Mike7883uk, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Joseph A. Gervasi \(Exhumed Films/Diabolik DVD\)

    Peter Briggs Guest

    <> wrote:

    >As for books, I'm a big collector of those (not so
    > much the horror titles any more, but film books, history, literature, etc.)
    > as well, so any recommendations are appreciated. I thank you for your time.

    Well, the previous guys have said one of the stores I was going to
    suggest, but I don't think you'll find anything of particular massive
    interest there. It's all fairly generic stuff of the kind you could
    probably order cheaper through Amazon, but worth a peruse.

    You might want to give Forbidden Planet a whirl (the new one on
    Shaftesbury Avenue, not the old New Oxford Street branch, which now
    serves as a "remainder" store.) if you're into comic books. (If you
    are, there's also "Gosh", right opposite the British Museum, and
    "MegaCity", tucked away in Camden Town market almost opposite Camden
    Town tube station.

    There's also the Cinema Bookstore on (I think) Monmouth Street, just up
    from the British Museum. They have a number of quite obscure titles.

    There's another movie/theatre bookstore in Camden Town, although I can't
    remember the name of it. (Turn left out of the tube station, and walk
    five minutes to the bridge crossing the canal...there it is.)

    You should also check out the National Film Theatre book shop on the
    South Bank, just down from the Houses Of Parliament. You can have a
    coffee there and warm up, while looking at the original movie production
    artwork they usually cycle (last time I went, they had the original
    production paintings from Chaplin's "Great Dictator", which is not
    something one sees every day!)

    If you're down there, spend a couple of hours going around the Museum Of
    The Moving Image. Some very interesting movie memorabilia, in amongst
    all of tourist-friendly stuff.

    If you're into Asian market DVDs, have a poke around Chinatown. There
    are a lot of stores that sell discs you simply won't find anywhere else.
    Peter Briggs, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Hi. Thanks to everyone who took the time to write. There are certainly some
    places I wasn't aware of and didn't see last time I was there that I want to
    get to this time. My girlfriend is going to feel like she's on a field trip
    and I'm the parent pulling her from place to place starting at 6 AM, but who
    needs relaxation on a "vacation", anyway? All the Best, Joseph/Diabolik
    DVD/Exhumed Films

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi. I'm going to London for a week (Feb. 18 - 25, 2004) thanks to a cheap
    > flight and a free place to stay. I was there once before had a jolly good
    > time (sorry). I'm looking for any cool shops I might have missed and I'd
    > like to be clued in to any interesting cult/art/horror/classic film
    > screenings that might be going on in town. Of course I'm going to score a
    > Time Out when I get into the city and the friend I'm staying with will

    know
    > some things, but any other input is appreciated. I'm also looking for

    great
    > DVD stores and bookstores, especially places that have a decent used
    > selection. I co-run Diabolik DVD, so I can get most DVD titles through

    the

    Joseph A. Gervasi \(Exhumed Films/Diabolik DVD\), Feb 2, 2004
  6. Joseph A. Gervasi \(Exhumed Films/Diabolik DVD\)

    Dave Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi. I'm going to London for a week (Feb. 18 - 25, 2004) thanks to a cheap
    > flight and a free place to stay. I was there once before had a jolly good
    > time (sorry). I'm looking for any cool shops I might have missed and I'd
    > like to be clued in to any interesting cult/art/horror/classic film
    > screenings that might be going on in town. Of course I'm going to score a
    > Time Out when I get into the city and the friend I'm staying with will

    know
    > some things, but any other input is appreciated. I'm also looking for

    great
    > DVD stores and bookstores, especially places that have a decent used
    > selection. I co-run Diabolik DVD, so I can get most DVD titles through

    the
    > business, but as a collector I'm always looking for discs that may have
    > fallen below my radar. As for books, I'm a big collector of those (not so
    > much the horror titles any more, but film books, history, literature,

    etc.)
    > as well, so any recommendations are appreciated. I thank you for your

    time.
    > All the Best, Joseph
    >
    > www.ExhumedFilms.com
    > www.DiabolikDVD.com

    Go to Camden Town and check out the dvd stores there. Also, side streets off
    of Bayswater, Tottenham Crt Rd and the back alleys off Leister Sq as you
    walk towards Covent garden. Believe it or not, Stockwell has some good dvd
    shops as does the Acton and Ealing areas of London. London is the best; have
    a great time.
    Dave, Feb 3, 2004