    yesterday, but found they didn't download to my computer via my card
    reader. My question is how do you download RAW files?
    Jeff
    jeff liss, Sep 9, 2003

  2. jeff liss

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 9 Sep 2003 14:32:00 -0700, in rec.photo.digital (jeff
    liss) wrote:

    >I want to start shooting in RAW mode on my D100. I took a couple pics
    >yesterday, but found they didn't download to my computer via my card
    >reader. My question is how do you download RAW files?

    Copy/paste works for me in whatever filemanager I choose to use

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Sep 9, 2003

  3. jeff liss

    brooke Guest

    RAW files should behave no differently than jpg or mp3 or any other files.

    When you say "didn't download", are you referring to some sort of automated
    process? I've never seen this, but, for example, an automatic download
    could be set up to dl from the card whenever certain files are present. If
    you have this set up, it isn't working because of the different file type.

    Can you copy via Windows Explorer?

    brooke, Sep 9, 2003
  4. jeff liss

    Mark B. Guest

    "jeff liss" <> wrote in message
    > I want to start shooting in RAW mode on my D100. I took a couple pics
    > yesterday, but found they didn't download to my computer via my card
    > reader. My question is how do you download RAW files?
    > Jeff

    Copy/paste doesn't work?

    Mark
    Mark B., Sep 10, 2003
  5. "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "jeff liss" <> wrote in message
    > > I want to start shooting in RAW mode on my D100. I took a couple pics
    > > yesterday, but found they didn't download to my computer via my card
    > > reader. My question is how do you download RAW files?
    > > Jeff

    The file should transfer to from the camera/memory device to the computer
    like any other file by dragging-and-dropping, copy-paste etc. However,
    unless you have the right software, you won't be able to open the file. You
    might be able to preview it in your picture viewer, but it will take
    specialized software to open it and convert it to a TIF file so that you can
    view it in your editing software such as Photoshop etc.

    HMc
    Howard McCollister, Sep 10, 2003
  6. My card reader automatically starts the download of pictures from the card
    as soon as it is put the card into the reader. I have no problems
    downloading RAW or any other format from my reader using Nikon veiw
    software. Before the download you have to make sure you enable all formats
    to be downloaded not just JPEG files. There are a few different options.