    sweat!

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/over_the_edge.htm>

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 28, 2008

  2. Rita Berkowitz

    Guest

    On Feb 29, 5:32 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > Yes folks, as awe inspiring as the D3 is there are times when it gets to be
    > too much demand and is pushed over the edge. True, a Mk III would buckle
    > and fold under these conditions, but the mighty D3 doesn't even break a
    > sweat!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/over_the_edge.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    (thinks - now remember, sandwich your criticisms between
    compliments...)

    Oookay..

    1. Gee, that water sure looks inviting... I bet that jacket he's
    wearing is comfortable...

    2. Composition errors
    Try to avoid the following:
    - *just* cropping the edge off a shadow, or an object (like the corner
    of the jetty) - it distracts and drags the eye away from the subject -
    include or exclude
    - including stuff that adds nothing
    - obscuring heads because of poor positioning
    - giving images too much headroom

    More positively, you *should* try to:
    - use different angles, don't just stand and shoot (eg - there seems
    an obvious opportunity for a leading line from that rope)
    - give 'front space' - he's looking to the right, so give a little
    more space to the right
    - follow the lead of your subject (in this case - more interest would
    come if it was shot down at the level of his line of sight

    And finally, if the image just isn't that interesting.. toss it and
    move on.

    3. Exposure control - watch those white and black bits... or it just
    looks like it's straight from a one hour photo lab print. Hint -
    DSLR's have something called 'good dynamic range'.

    4. Gee, that water looks inviting...

    Anyway, this is good, we are all learning... (O:

    Keep postin' Rita.
    , Feb 29, 2008

  3. wrote:

    > And finally, if the image just isn't that interesting.. toss it and
    > move on.

    Who cares, besides you, of course? Again, remember we discussed "targeted
    audience" before.

    The sad part for you is you only wish you had decent gear and the skills to
    use it. One day you might if you set your goals higher.

    > 4. Gee, that water looks inviting...

    It's a little cold, but good

    > Anyway, this is good, we are all learning... (O:

    Great! I figure I have to repay you for all that wonderful advice you had
    given me to make them spider shots.

    > Keep postin' Rita.

    You bet I will! Ya'll come back now. I know you will, you just can't get
    enough. It's an obsession with you.

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Feb 29, 2008
  4. Rita Berkowitz

    Guest

    Off topic.
    On Mar 1, 4:15 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > > Keep postin' Rita.

    > You bet I will! Ya'll come back now.

    I'll need to. Otherwise images like this seem to sink like a stone
    with no interest whatsoever.

    Can't think why.

    > It's an obsession with you.

    Just trying to help. Can't understand why you reply, given that my
    comments mean nothing to you.

    Guess the thread needs activity, no matter what the content.
    , Feb 29, 2008
  5. wrote:

    > Guess the thread needs activity, no matter what the content.

    Damn! For an imbecile you're really catching on. Dance little man, dance.

    Oh, before I forget, when are you going to apologize to Doug for attacking
    his wife and granddaughters?

    Rita
    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 1, 2008
  6. Rita Berkowitz

    Guest

    On Mar 1, 1:10 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > Damn! For an imbecile you're really catching on. Dance little man, dance.

    Is there some reason you want to people to 'dance'? I'm just
    'replying'.

    > Oh, before I forget, when are you going to apologize to Doug for attacking
    > his wife and granddaughters?

    I didn't. You lied. Repeating a lie just makes you look silly.

    But feel free to post any link proving you are not a liar. You've
    never managed it before, but maybe today is the day.
    , Mar 1, 2008

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 1, 2008
  8. Rita Berkowitz

    Matt Ion Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > Yes folks, as awe inspiring as the D3 is there are times when it gets to
    > be too much demand and is pushed over the edge. True, a Mk III would
    > buckle and fold under these conditions, but the mighty D3 doesn't even
    > break a sweat!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/over_the_edge.htm>

    What's with the hideous over-sharpening on all these pictures?
    Nevermind all you ever give us is a dinky little version of the shots...
    the D3 could be the greatest camera in the history of the world, but
    we'd never know it from this tripe.
    Matt Ion, Mar 2, 2008
  9. On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 22:49:49 -0800 Matt Ion <> wrote:

    > What's with the hideous over-sharpening on all these pictures?
    > Nevermind all you ever give us is a dinky little version of the
    > shots... the D3 could be the greatest camera in the history of the
    > world, but we'd never know it from this tripe.

    If truth be known - probably photographed with a point & shoot and
    over-sharpened by the dud software in some of them.
    John Phillips, Mar 2, 2008
  10. Rita Berkowitz

    XxYyZz Guest

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >> Yes folks, as awe inspiring as the D3 is there are times when it gets to be
    >> too much demand and is pushed over the edge. True, a Mk III would buckle
    >> and fold under these conditions, but the mighty D3 doesn't even break a
    >> sweat!
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/over_the_edge.htm>

    > What's with the hideous over-sharpening on all these pictures? Nevermind all
    > you ever give us is a dinky little version of the shots... the D3 could be
    > the greatest camera in the history of the world, but we'd never know it from
    > this tripe.

    It just goes to prove that you can put a top of the line camera and lens in
    the hands of an idiot and get crappy pics. Rita only needs a point and shoot
    camera.
    XxYyZz, Mar 2, 2008
  11. Rita Berkowitz

    XxYyZz Guest

    "John Phillips" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 22:49:49 -0800 Matt Ion <> wrote:
    >
    >> What's with the hideous over-sharpening on all these pictures?
    >> Nevermind all you ever give us is a dinky little version of the
    >> shots... the D3 could be the greatest camera in the history of the
    >> world, but we'd never know it from this tripe.

    > If truth be known - probably photographed with a point & shoot and
    > over-sharpened by the dud software in some of them.

    It certainly is beginning to look that way, isn't it.
    XxYyZz, Mar 2, 2008
  12. Rita Berkowitz

    Guest

    OT Re: Going Over The Edge With The D3!!

    On Mar 1, 10:52 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > But feel free to post any link proving you are not a liar. You've
    > > never managed it before, but maybe today is the day.

    > Oh, before I forget, when are you going to apologize to Doug for attacking
    > his wife and granddaughters?
    >
    > Rita

    If had anything to apologise for, liar, it might happen on the day you
    stop lying and posting crap images.

    Still haven't found a link to prove your claim, I see, liar. And
    still waiting on a kind comment on this image...

    Anyone needing to see more Rita wisdom, humour and lies, click here:
    http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.photo.equipment.35mm/browse_frm/thread/878461e8b4f3be63
    , Mar 3, 2008
  13. Re: OT Re: Going Over The Edge With The D3!!

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 3, 2008