    of the office. I can not seem the automatic message center. Please advise.
    --
    counselor
    Counselor, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Counselor

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Counselor deftly scribbled:

    > I have Outlook Express 6. I want to leave a automatic message that I
    > am out of the office. I can not seem the automatic message center.
    > Please advise.

    There isn't an automatic message return in Outlook Express, for that feature
    you need Outlook, part of the MS Office range.

    Or other such software .. ;)

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx
    Paul - xxx, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Write the AutoReply message you want to send in a .TXT file and save it to
    My Documents folder

    In OE6 goto Tools > Rules > Mail > New

    To reply to everyone who sends a mail to you check the condition in box 1
    "For all Messages" (this could get messy if you are prone to spam that has
    ficticious return addresses - you will then be sending autoreplies to
    delivery failure notifications) I would advise ticking the first one "Where
    the from line contains people" and making a list of people who you want to
    keep informed from your address book.

    In Box 2 tick "Reply with message"

    In Box 3 create your list of addresses (if apliccable) and navigate to the
    ..TXT file you created.

    In Box 4 name the rule

    Click OK

    DO NOT click the "apply now" button or you will send it to the senders of
    everyone allready in your inbox.

    In OE6 goto Tools > Options > General tick the box for periodically checking
    for new Emails and set an interval time

    Leave your PC switched on - ensure that your dial up settings connect
    automatically (ie it doesnt have to ask for you to confim for a connection)

    Go on vacation - send me a postcard.

    Watcher of the Skies, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Actually Paul there is, look at my reply to OP

    Watcher of the Skies, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Counselor

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Watcher of the Skies deftly scribbled:

    > Actually Paul there is, look at my reply to OP

    Heheheh, neat 'workaround' .. but it's not really an automatic message
    return facility, as described by the OP .. ;)

    Admittedly it does do the same thing though .. I do like the use of your
    existing address book, or a list of addresses. That should mean that the
    spammers at least don't get a valid email returned to them. It works too (I
    tried it) which is always a good thing.

    Good post, thanks .. ;)

    --
    Paul - xxx, Jul 3, 2003