    on doing some experimenting before the trip but need a place to start.
    Thanks.
    Steve
    Steven Laughmiller, Jun 30, 2004

  2. I bought a huge green one that for the life of me I can't get to fold back
    up. Maybe getting the biggest is not the best way. Works fine for my
    basement studio. I went with green as people wear more blue. Also....every
    time I see chromokey explained on TV they mention blue...but use green.

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 30, 2004

  3. "Gene Palmiter" <> writes:

    > I bought a huge green one that for the life of me I can't get to fold back
    > up. Maybe getting the biggest is not the best way. Works fine for my
    > basement studio. I went with green as people wear more blue. Also....every
    > time I see chromokey explained on TV they mention blue...but use green.

    I've never used this, either for still of motion photography. But
    I frequently see stuff in movies or on TV where I can clearly see
    shadow fill or rimlight showing the key color from the replaced
    background. Am I only seeing old or bad uses? Or is there always
    that kind of trace left?
    David Dyer-Bennet, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Ideally you will want lights that illuminate just the background...so that
    it is an even color. Then you want more lights on the subject but not where
    they will cast a shadow on the green screen...what you are referring to is
    the subjects shadow I suspect. Its not as important in still work as moving
    work as we can select the green and the green with shadow and mask them
    both.

    I have only had mine for a couple of weeks....need to get someone with lots
    of hair to sit for me ...that has to be the hardest to cut away. Right now I
    am shooting some antique silver and its picking up the green....so this job
    might have to be done with just a white background.

    <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>
    Gene Palmiter, Jul 1, 2004