    Thanks.
    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Flycaster

    Trax Guest

    Flycaster <> wrote:

    |>A friend just emailed me a form to fill out. However, she sent it in
    |>jpg, text and a lot of graphics. To me the graphics are pretty but
    |>unnecessary. Furthermore, to get the filled in form back to her, I
    |>would have to print it out and then mail it to her. So, the questions
    |>are: (1) Is there any way for me to transform the jpg to text (don't
    |>care what happens to the graphics, just need the text), so that I can
    |>email the form back to her.

    Anything you do will be very time consuming.

    Most will suggest on OCR program, but you could make the JPG a
    watermark in Word or Open Office, and fill in the form that way.

    |> (2) Is there any way for her to email her
    |> form to me so that I simply fill it in and then email it back to her?

    On the chance this isn't a unique form, google a key line from the
    form and see if something exist in a text format.

    --
    Damn cool illusion
    http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/cool/cool_illusion.html

    Trax, Oct 22, 2005

  3. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > Flycaster <> wrote:
    >
    > |>A friend just emailed me a form to fill out. However, she sent it in
    > |>jpg, text and a lot of graphics. To me the graphics are pretty but
    > |>unnecessary. Furthermore, to get the filled in form back to her, I
    > |>would have to print it out and then mail it to her. So, the questions
    > |>are: (1) Is there any way for me to transform the jpg to text (don't
    > |>care what happens to the graphics, just need the text), so that I can
    > |>email the form back to her.
    >
    > Anything you do will be very time consuming.
    >
    > Most will suggest on OCR program, but you could make the JPG a
    > watermark in Word or Open Office, and fill in the form that way.
    >
    > |> (2) Is there any way for her to email her
    > |> form to me so that I simply fill it in and then email it back to her?
    >
    > On the chance this isn't a unique form, google a key line from the
    > form and see if something exist in a text format.

    Thanks, but I think I figured out how to do it. Opened the form (jpg)
    in photoshop and used PS's text tool. Appears to have worked very
    nicely. This way I can email the image back to her and she can print it
    out.

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Oct 22, 2005
  4. Flycaster

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > Flycaster <> wrote:
    >
    >>> A friend just emailed me a form to fill out. However, she sent it
    >>> in jpg, text and a lot of graphics. To me the graphics are pretty
    >>> but unnecessary. Furthermore, to get the filled in form back to
    >>> her, I would have to print it out and then mail it to her. So, the
    >>> questions are: (1) Is there any way for me to transform the jpg to
    >>> text (don't care what happens to the graphics, just need the text),
    >>> so that I can email the form back to her.

    > Anything you do will be very time consuming.
    >
    > Most will suggest on OCR program, but you could make the JPG a
    > watermark in Word or Open Office, and fill in the form that way.
    >
    >>> (2) Is there any way for her to email her
    >>> form to me so that I simply fill it in and then email it back to
    >>> her?

    > On the chance this isn't a unique form, google a key line from the
    > form and see if something exist in a text format.

    Hey - checked the illusion refered to in your sig...absolutely astounding!

    <quote>
    Damn cool illusion
    http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/cool/cool_illusion.html
    </quote>

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 22, 2005
  5. Flycaster

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > Flycaster <> wrote:
    >
    >>> A friend just emailed me a form to fill out. However, she sent it
    >>> in jpg, text and a lot of graphics. To me the graphics are pretty
    >>> but unnecessary. Furthermore, to get the filled in form back to
    >>> her, I would have to print it out and then mail it to her. So, the
    >>> questions are: (1) Is there any way for me to transform the jpg to
    >>> text (don't care what happens to the graphics, just need the text),
    >>> so that I can email the form back to her.

    > Anything you do will be very time consuming.
    >
    > Most will suggest on OCR program, but you could make the JPG a
    > watermark in Word or Open Office, and fill in the form that way.

    Or in most any word processors, put the jpg on the page, then create a frame
    over it to type into (kinda like layers in Photoshop).

    I've often done this in Photoshop - open the JPG, click the text tool, set
    text size, click on the JPG above the line I need to fill out. Other
    paint/photo editor programs should allow similar abilities.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 22, 2005
  6. Flycaster

    Trax Guest

    Trax, Oct 22, 2005
  7. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>Hey - checked the illusion refered to in your sig...absolutely astounding!
    >
    > |><quote>
    > |>Damn cool illusion
    > |>http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/cool/cool_illusion.html
    > |></quote>
    >
    > Have you noticed it's a GIF file? Makes it very portable.

    Not GIF.

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Oct 22, 2005
  8. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Trax wrote:

    >>Anything you do will be very time consuming.
    >>
    >>Most will suggest on OCR program, but you could make the JPG a
    >>watermark in Word or Open Office, and fill in the form that way.

    > Or in most any word processors, put the jpg on the page, then create a frame
    > over it to type into (kinda like layers in Photoshop).
    >
    > I've often done this in Photoshop - open the JPG, click the text tool, set
    > text size, click on the JPG above the line I need to fill out. Other
    > paint/photo editor programs should allow similar abilities.

    >>On the chance this isn't a unique form, google a key line from the
    >>form and see if something exist in a text format.

    As you can see from my post above, I did figure out how to use PS. But,
    could you give me some direction as to how to do the frame thing in Word?

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Oct 22, 2005
  9. Flycaster

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Flycaster wrote:
    > Trax wrote:

    >> Have you noticed it's a GIF file? Makes it very portable.
    >>

    > Not GIF.

    Errr....yeah. GIF. Yup. Definately a GIF.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 22, 2005
  10. Flycaster

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Flycaster wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> Trax wrote:

    >>> Anything you do will be very time consuming.
    >>>
    >>> Most will suggest on OCR program, but you could make the JPG a
    >>> watermark in Word or Open Office, and fill in the form that way.

    >> Or in most any word processors, put the jpg on the page, then create
    >> a frame over it to type into (kinda like layers in Photoshop).
    >>
    >> I've often done this in Photoshop - open the JPG, click the text
    >> tool, set text size, click on the JPG above the line I need to fill
    >> out. Other paint/photo editor programs should allow similar
    >> abilities.
    >>>
    >>> On the chance this isn't a unique form, google a key line from the
    >>> form and see if something exist in a text format.

    > As you can see from my post above, I did figure out how to use PS. But,
    > could you give me some direction as to how to do the frame thing
    > in Word?

    Sure. First, get the JPG on your document in the size/location you want it.
    Easy - I bet you did that already. Next, you want to add a text box. (I
    still call them frames from when I used Pagemaker.) Click Insert, Picture,
    Autoshapes. It should add a new toolbar at the bottom (starts with "Draw".)
    Click the rectangle, drag and draw the rectangle over your area where you
    want to add text. It's probably white - change that by right-clicking and
    select "Format autoshape". Transparency is set there, lines, background
    color, etc. Close the Format dialog, rightclick again, and select "add
    text".

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 22, 2005
  11. Flycaster

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Hey - checked the illusion refered to in your sig...absolutely
    >>> astounding!

    >>> <quote>
    >>> Damn cool illusion
    >>> http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/cool/cool_illusion.html
    >>> </quote>

    > Have you noticed it's a GIF file? Makes it very portable.

    Heh heh...I set it as a tiled desktop background. I have 6 of those going
    round and round. And they *all* disappear if I focus on anything execpt a
    pink dot. (I might end up bug-eyed though <g>)

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 22, 2005