    gear.

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/fish_tales.htm>

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 30, 2007

  2. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    George Kerby Guest

    On 12/30/07 7:51 AM, in article , "Rita Ä
    Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > Yes folks, even on the mighty D200 with the wonderful 1.5x crop factor, the
    > Formidable 500 is challenged and pushed to its limits. In honor of our
    > resident idiot that like to make excuses for his severely cropped excrement
    > and refuses to "zoom with his feet", the Formidable 500 pulls off the
    > impossible. Yes, this was a really challenging shot as I had "get above"
    > the subject to give it that very special perspective so it isn't like all
    > them other shots that are "under" the subject. There's no excuse for not
    > properly framing your subject, even if you have to put on your rock-climbing
    > gear.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/fish_tales.htm>

    If you think that snapshot depicts fishing in any way, you are even loonier
    than I thought.
    George Kerby, Dec 30, 2007

  3. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Eric Miller Guest

    George Kerby blathered:

    > If you think that snapshot depicts fishing in any way, you are even loonier
    > than I thought.

    I guess you are one of those fishermen who never have to tie a knot,
    untangle a bait, tie a lure on or do anything but catch fish after fish
    after fish, without preparation or mistake.

    Notice the spinning reel laying on the ground at the subjects' feet.
    This may not win a Pulitzer, but it is an exceptionally accurate
    portrayal of fishing.

    Did you notice the spinning reel and fishing rod laying at the subjects'
    feet?

    Eric Miller
    www.dyesscreek.com
    Eric Miller, Dec 30, 2007
  4. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    George Kerby Guest

    On 12/30/07 12:25 PM, in article
    _nRdj.33604$, "Eric Miller"
    <> wrote:

    > George Kerby blathered:
    >

    >> If you think that snapshot depicts fishing in any way, you are even loonier
    >> than I thought.
    >>

    > I guess you are one of those fishermen who never have to tie a knot,
    > untangle a bait, tie a lure on or do anything but catch fish after fish
    > after fish, without preparation or mistake.

    As a matter of fact I do a pretty good job in prep.
    > Notice the spinning reel laying on the ground at the subjects' feet.
    > This may not win a Pulitzer, but it is an exceptionally accurate
    > portrayal of fishing.

    In your mind.
    > Did you notice the spinning reel and fishing rod laying at the subjects'
    > feet?

    After I looked at the 1024 x 685 version - there MAY be something on the
    ground at the bottom right that could be a somewhat resemblance of the Ronco
    Pocket Pole. That, my friend, ain't fishing. Those two might as well being
    untangling a kite string. You DID notice the kite reflection off the surface
    of the lake, didn't you?
    George Kerby, Dec 30, 2007
  5. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    PixelPix Guest

    On Dec 30, 11:51 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > Yes folks, even on the mighty D200 with the wonderful 1.5x crop factor, the
    > Formidable 500 is challenged and pushed to its limits. In honor of our
    > resident idiot that like to make excuses for his severely cropped excrement
    > and refuses to "zoom with his feet", the Formidable 500 pulls off the
    > impossible. Yes, this was a really challenging shot as I had "get above"
    > the subject to give it that very special perspective so it isn't like all
    > them other shots that are "under" the subject. There's no excuse for not
    > properly framing your subject, even if you have to put on your rock-climbing
    > gear.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/fish_tales.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    Ah yes... more of that lovely double blur bokeh.

    Perhaps you should call that lens the "Formidableable 500" LOL
    PixelPix, Dec 30, 2007
  6. PixelPix wrote:

    > Ah yes... more of that lovely double blur bokeh.

    You like that?

    > Perhaps you should call that lens the "Formidableable 500" LOL

    I think I'll have to send the old D3 and Formidable 500 back to the rental
    shop and see if the old Mk III and Fabulous 500 are still available. Maybe
    you can show me some of them great bokeh producing lenses you have. I'd
    like to get it right and try them so I can get the perfect bokeh without
    renting the wrong combination. Your valuable help and wisdom is much
    appreciated.

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 30, 2007
  7. George Kerby wrote:

    >> Did you notice the spinning reel and fishing rod laying at the
    >> subjects' feet?
    >>

    > After I looked at the 1024 x 685 version - there MAY be something on
    > the ground at the bottom right that could be a somewhat resemblance
    > of the Ronco Pocket Pole. That, my friend, ain't fishing. Those two
    > might as well being untangling a kite string. You DID notice the kite
    > reflection off the surface of the lake, didn't you?

    Geez, George, maybe you can tell us what kind of fishing you do? I know
    there are many types. Hell, I've heard of spear fishing, bait casting, fly
    fishing, trolling, noodling (with arm or dick), percussion (with HE), and
    let's not forget ice fishing. Did I forget any, George?

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 30, 2007
  8. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Scott W Guest

    On Dec 30, 12:17 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > PixelPix wrote:
    > > Ah yes... more of that lovely double blur bokeh.

    > You like that?
    >
    > > Perhaps you should call that lens the "Formidableable 500"  LOL

    > I think I'll have to send the old D3 and Formidable 500 back to the rental
    > shop and see if the old Mk III and Fabulous 500 are still available.  Maybe
    > you can show me some of them great bokeh producing lenses you have.  I'd
    > like to get it right and try them so I can get the perfect bokeh without
    > renting the wrong combination.  Your valuable help and wisdom is much
    > appreciated.

    The Canon 300mm f/4 IS L
    http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/91004589/original

    Scott
    Scott W, Dec 31, 2007
  9. Scott W wrote:

    >>> Perhaps you should call that lens the "Formidableable 500" LOL

    >> I think I'll have to send the old D3 and Formidable 500 back to the
    >> rental shop and see if the old Mk III and Fabulous 500 are still
    >> available. Maybe you can show me some of them great bokeh producing
    >> lenses you have. I'd like to get it right and try them so I can get
    >> the perfect bokeh without renting the wrong combination. Your
    >> valuable help and wisdom is much appreciated.

    > The Canon 300mm f/4 IS L
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/91004589/original

    Not bad, but I would definitely take the 300/2.8 Nikkor over the Canon. I
    think lighting conditions and the position of the surrounding items in the
    scene have a lot to do with the way a lens handles bokeh. Throw some tall
    grass or branches around the turkey and you'll be seeing the same issues as
    I am. I know I had some real shitty bokeh problems with the old 500/4L IS
    when the bird was surrounded by brush. No problem, the old 500 is a keeper
    in the collection and I'm extremely happy with it.

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 31, 2007
  10. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    George Kerby Guest

    On 12/30/07 4:17 PM, in article , "Rita Ä
    Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > George Kerby wrote:
    >
    >>> Did you notice the spinning reel and fishing rod laying at the
    >>> subjects' feet?
    >>>

    >> After I looked at the 1024 x 685 version - there MAY be something on
    >> the ground at the bottom right that could be a somewhat resemblance
    >> of the Ronco Pocket Pole. That, my friend, ain't fishing. Those two
    >> might as well being untangling a kite string. You DID notice the kite
    >> reflection off the surface of the lake, didn't you?

    > Geez, George, maybe you can tell us what kind of fishing you do? I know
    > there are many types. Hell, I've heard of spear fishing, bait casting, fly
    > fishing, trolling, noodling (with arm or dick), percussion (with HE), and
    > let's not forget ice fishing. Did I forget any, George?

    Nope. You have proven to be excellent at trolling with your johnson, Rita.
    No contest!
    George Kerby, Dec 31, 2007
  11. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    George Kerby Guest

    On 12/30/07 6:22 PM, in article , "Rita Ä
    Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    >>> I think I'll have to send the old D3 and Formidable 500 back to the
    >>> rental shop and see if the old Mk III and Fabulous 500 are still
    >>> available. Maybe you can show me some of them great bokeh producing
    >>> lenses you have. I'd like to get it right and try them so I can get
    >>> the perfect bokeh without renting the wrong combination. Your
    >>> valuable help and wisdom is much appreciated.

    >> The Canon 300mm f/4 IS L
    >> http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/91004589/original

    > Not bad, but I would definitely take the 300/2.8 Nikkor over the Canon.

    That's because you are a moron.
    George Kerby, Dec 31, 2007