    memory thanks to the Formidable 500.

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/big_gun.htm>

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 26, 2007

  2. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Rich Guest

    On Dec 25, 7:30 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > WOW! All I have to say this is one sweet lens! This picture is all lens
    > since the D200 doesn't have the resolving power of the old Mk III. All I
    > need to do is etch a set of cross hairs in this thing and I would have a
    > deadly sharp and accurate sniper scope! Even on the obsolete D200 this lens
    > performs. This thing is going to be super sweet on the old D3 whenever the
    > hell it gets here. Only thing that got me scare is losing the 1.5x crop
    > factor when I put this on the D3. I don't know how much better the D300 is
    > over the D200, but I can't imagine it getting any better than this. If it
    > is I might have to pick up a D300. R.I.P. Fabulous 500, your a distant
    > memory thanks to the Formidable 500.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/big_gun.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    Very impressive, should be interesting to see how the D200 and D3
    images compare, seeing as the D3 images will have fewer pixels on
    target at a given focal length.
    Rich, Dec 26, 2007

  3. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Sosumi Guest

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    > WOW! All I have to say this is one sweet lens! This picture is all lens
    > since the D200 doesn't have the resolving power of the old Mk III. All I
    > need to do is etch a set of cross hairs in this thing and I would have a
    > deadly sharp and accurate sniper scope! Even on the obsolete D200 this
    > lens
    > performs. This thing is going to be super sweet on the old D3 whenever
    > the
    > hell it gets here. Only thing that got me scare is losing the 1.5x crop
    > factor when I put this on the D3. I don't know how much better the D300
    > is
    > over the D200, but I can't imagine it getting any better than this. If it
    > is I might have to pick up a D300. R.I.P. Fabulous 500, your a distant
    > memory thanks to the Formidable 500.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/big_gun.htm>

    Fantastic picture. You took this with the D200, if I understand?

    Yes, the crop factor is also what I thought about with the D3. Too bad you
    can't have both high noise free ISO AND 1.5 crop...
    I decided for the D300 for those reasons and because I really make only 5
    percent or less of my pictures in low light.
    Should you deicide to get the D300 anyway: I practically can garantee you
    won't be dissapointed. I just fine tuned my lenses and DARN! pics are sharp
    now!
    Will show some samples later. Happy hunting ;-)

    --
    Sosumi
    Sosumi, Dec 26, 2007
  4. Sosumi wrote:

    > Fantastic picture. You took this with the D200, if I understand?

    Thanks; yes this was taken with the old D200.

    > Yes, the crop factor is also what I thought about with the D3. Too
    > bad you can't have both high noise free ISO AND 1.5 crop...
    > I decided for the D300 for those reasons and because I really make
    > only 5 percent or less of my pictures in low light.
    > Should you deicide to get the D300 anyway: I practically can garantee
    > you won't be dissapointed. I just fine tuned my lenses and DARN! pics
    > are sharp now!

    The FF sensor is finally a dream come true since all my FF lenses will have
    all the characteristics they were designed to have. The only benefit to
    APS-C is that little extra reach. I'm sure the Formidable 500 will render
    some of the sweetest bokeh you ever want to see when on the D3. The idea of
    getting a D300 for backup is still circling in my head. The D200 still does
    remarkably well under most conditions, so it's a tough call.

    > Will show some samples later. Happy hunting ;-)

    I can't wait. It's good to see someone else out here enjoying their camera.

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 26, 2007
  5. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Dec 26, 3:53 pm, "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > The idea of getting a D300 for backup is still circling in my head.

    It will die a lonely death.

    So let me get this straight ... when you rent the D3 you also rent a
    backup body?
    Annika1980, Dec 26, 2007
  6. Annika1980 wrote:

    > So let me get this straight ... when you rent the D3 you also rent a
    > backup body?

    Only on weekends! It's miserable to get the pair during the week. You
    should have seen the shit I had to go through to get the old Mk III and
    500/4 at the same time.

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 26, 2007
  7. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Dec 26, 6:55 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    >  You should have seen the shit I had to go through to get the old Mk III and 500/4 at the same time.
    >
    > Rita

    It is amazing what you can find in dumpsters these days.
    Annika1980, Dec 27, 2007
  8. Annika1980 wrote:

    >> You should have seen the shit I had to go through to get the old Mk
    >> III and 500/4 at the same time.
    >>
    >> Rita

    > It is amazing what you can find in dumpsters these days.

    You're not kidding! I made a load of money dumpster diving. The secret is
    you just have to dive in the right dumpsters. I prefer corporate and
    governmental dumpsters.

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 27, 2007
  9. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Scott W Guest

    On Dec 25, 2:30 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > WOW!  All I have to say this is one sweet lens!  This picture is all lens
    > since the D200 doesn't have the resolving power of the old Mk III.  All I
    > need to do is etch a set of cross hairs in this thing and I would have a
    > deadly sharp and accurate sniper scope!  Even on the obsolete D200 this lens
    > performs.  This thing is going to be super sweet on the old D3 whenever the
    > hell it gets here.  Only thing that got me scare is losing the 1.5x crop
    > factor when I put this on the D3.  I don't know how much better the D300 is
    > over the D200, but I can't imagine it getting any better than this.  If it
    > is I might have to pick up a D300.  R.I.P. Fabulous 500, your a distant
    > memory thanks to the Formidable 500.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/big_gun.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    Very nice photo.

    You might want to pick up a tele-converter when you get the D3.

    Scott
    Scott W, Dec 27, 2007
  10. Rita Ä Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Dec 26, 7:41 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > > It is amazing what you can find in dumpsters these days.

    > You're not kidding!  I made a load of money dumpster diving.  The secret is
    > you just have to dive in the right dumpsters.

    Dig low, shovel high.
    Annika1980, Dec 27, 2007
  11. Scott W wrote:

    > Very nice photo.

    Thanks.

    > You might want to pick up a tele-converter when you get the D3.

    This is an option that I will be testing. It all depends on the performance
    hit I'll be taking if it makes it worthwhile. It might be more beneficial
    to stick with APS-C for the long end. I'll be finding out one way or
    another very soon.

    Rita
    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Dec 27, 2007