    When I visit a web page I've been moments before it still goes to the net
    and downloads it again.. How can I browse to pages I've just visited quicker

    Cheers Peter
    Peter, May 7, 2005

  2. Peter

    someone Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > When I visit a web page I've been moments before it still goes to the net
    > and downloads it again.. How can I browse to pages I've just visited quicker
    >

    > Cheers Peter

    Assuming Fx ver 1.0.x and Windows XP no user.js files or the like - in
    Firefox tools > options > privacy > cache

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    spam the Federal Trade Commission thats
    someone, May 7, 2005

  3. Peter

    Posco Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > When I visit a web page I've been moments before it still goes to the net
    > and downloads it again.. How can I browse to pages I've just visited quicker
    >

    > Cheers Peter

    Try increasing the size of your cache (Tools/Options/Privacy)
    Posco, May 7, 2005
  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    > Try increasing the size of your cache (Tools/Options/Privacy)

    What size would you recomend

    I have 200 Gigs HD and 700 megs RAM

    XP...

    Firefox 1.0.3
    Peter, May 8, 2005
  5. Peter

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Peter wrote:

    >>Try increasing the size of your cache (Tools/Options/Privacy)

    > What size would you recomend
    >
    > I have 200 Gigs HD and 700 megs RAM
    >

    > XP...
    >
    > Firefox 1.0.3

    I believe the default is 50 Mb. Increase it if you like and see what
    happens. If you've got plenty of free drive space double it for starters.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, May 8, 2005
  6. Peter

    Moz Champion Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Peter wrote:
    >
    >>> Try increasing the size of your cache (Tools/Options/Privacy)

    >> What size would you recomend
    >>
    >> I have 200 Gigs HD and 700 megs RAM
    >>

    >> XP...
    >>
    >> Firefox 1.0.3
    >>

    > I believe the default is 50 Mb. Increase it if you like and see what
    > happens. If you've got plenty of free drive space double it for starters.

    Also check the settings here

    type about:config into the location bar
    scroll down until you reach this setting

    browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

    its setting is a value from 0 to 3
    0 = Once per session
    1 = Every time I view the page
    2 = Never
    3 = When the page is out of date (default)

    The default is 3 as noted.
    A setting of 0 would cause the page to use the cache regardless once the
    page is loaded for that session
    A setting of 1 would cause the page to be compared every time you access
    it and if necessary reloaded
    A setting of 2 would cause the page to NEVER be compared, and use the
    cache only
    A setting of 3 would compare the page everytime, but only re-load if the
    cache is out of date.

    The default setting of 3 is fine, but you may wish to temporarily change
    it to 0 or 2 just to see if that corrects your problem.
    With a 3, if the page states its out of date, the page gets reloaded.
    Tho rare, some pages specify an expiry in minutes, and this would cause
    the reload.
    Moz Champion, May 12, 2005
  7. Peter

    Scott K. Guest

    FYI... this will be greatly enhanced in Firefox 1.1

    http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=6567

    Scott K., May 20, 2005