    Mozilla...and if it does not, stick with Mozilla. Also since I do use
    Composer, the all-in-one suite has an advantage.

    TIA Jim
    Jim, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Jim uitte de volgende tekst op 5/07/2005 17:11:
    > Is there a guide to make the transition from Firefox back to Mozilla
    > Suite easy? Mozilla Help has info for IE users, but not so far as I
    > can see, for Firefox users.
    >
    > I've gotten tired of waiting up to a minute for the first URL to load
    > (having nothing to do with the site I am trying to load) when I use
    > Firefox (1.0.4) and wanted to see if this problem exists in
    > Mozilla...and if it does not, stick with Mozilla. Also since I do use
    > Composer, the all-in-one suite has an advantage.

    I can't help you with the first part, but there is a stand-alone version
    of the composer, although it is no longer developed by the Mozilla
    foundation, but by another firm, although they want to remerge it with
    the Moz cvs. Look for Nvu.

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare
    Hendrik Maryns, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Jim

    Doug G Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > Is there a guide to make the transition from Firefox back to Mozilla
    > Suite easy? Mozilla Help has info for IE users, but not so far as I
    > can see, for Firefox users.
    >
    > I've gotten tired of waiting up to a minute for the first URL to load
    > (having nothing to do with the site I am trying to load) when I use
    > Firefox (1.0.4) and wanted to see if this problem exists in
    > Mozilla...and if it does not, stick with Mozilla. Also since I do use
    > Composer, the all-in-one suite has an advantage.
    >
    > TIA Jim

    Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode (extensions and themes will be
    disabled) and seeing whether the URL loads faster. Look for the Firefox
    (Safe Mode) shortcut on Windows' Start menu..
    Doug G, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:54:17 -0500, Doug G <>
    wrote:

    >Jim wrote:
    >> Is there a guide to make the transition from Firefox back to Mozilla
    >> Suite easy? Mozilla Help has info for IE users, but not so far as I
    >> can see, for Firefox users.
    >>
    >> I've gotten tired of waiting up to a minute for the first URL to load
    >> (having nothing to do with the site I am trying to load) when I use
    >> Firefox (1.0.4) and wanted to see if this problem exists in
    >> Mozilla...and if it does not, stick with Mozilla. Also since I do use
    >> Composer, the all-in-one suite has an advantage.
    >>
    >> TIA Jim

    >Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode (extensions and themes will be
    >disabled) and seeing whether the URL loads faster. Look for the Firefox
    >(Safe Mode) shortcut on Windows' Start menu..

    I'll give that a try. But I forgot to mention that the slow startup
    problem is intermittent, I can't tie it to anything else going on and
    in particular I always wait until all the startup disk activity has
    ended before starting Firefox.

    Jim
    Jim, Jul 6, 2005
  5. Jim

    Colyn Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:52:15 -0500, Jim <> wrote:

    >I'll give that a try. But I forgot to mention that the slow startup
    >problem is intermittent, I can't tie it to anything else going on and
    >in particular I always wait until all the startup disk activity has
    >ended before starting Firefox.
    >
    >Jim

    Since this issue is intermittent have you considered that your ISP may
    be experiencing problems which would slow down loading?

    --
    Colyn Goodson

    http://home.swbell.net/colyng
    http://www.colyngoodson.com
    Colyn, Jul 6, 2005
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 02:59:35 GMT, Colyn <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:52:15 -0500, Jim <> wrote:
    >

    >>I'll give that a try. But I forgot to mention that the slow startup
    >>problem is intermittent, I can't tie it to anything else going on and
    >>in particular I always wait until all the startup disk activity has
    >>ended before starting Firefox.
    >>
    >>Jim
    >>

    >Since this issue is intermittent have you considered that your ISP may
    >be experiencing problems which would slow down loading?

    It's intermittent but it only occurs on the first URL loaded after
    starting Firefox so it would have to be an amazing coincidence. I
    have a 4meg cable connection. Occasionally a page might take 2 or 3
    seconds that normally loads in 1 second but as I think I originally
    noted, this takes much longer. I've waited it out recently and it's
    been as much as 30-45 seconds.
    Jim, Jul 6, 2005