    pixels.

    Does this mean that if we copy the picture and tell our viewer to show
    it at 100%, that the picture will be 1024 pixels wide?
    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Dec 10, 2004

  2. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    RustY© Guest

    "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <> wrote in message
    > When using Goggle search. The images are described as 1024 x 768
    > pixels. Does this mean that if we copy the picture and tell our viewer to
    > show
    > it at 100%, that the picture will be 1024 pixels wide?

    That's exactly right. And if your screen is set to 1024x768 you've got
    yourself a nice wallpaper.
    --
    For Welsh Military Flying visit .......
    RustY©, Dec 10, 2004

  3. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Alan Browne Guest

    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- wrote:
    > When using Goggle search. The images are described as 1024 x 768
    > pixels.
    >
    > Does this mean that if we copy the picture and tell our viewer to show
    > it at 100%, that the picture will be 1024 pixels wide?

    Yes.

    Beware of some browsers/viewerws that will 'fit' an image to the screen and may
    initially show it at less than 100%.

    Alan Browne, Dec 10, 2004
  4. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Owamanga Guest

    On 10 Dec 2004 11:24:07 -0800, "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-"
    <> wrote:

    >When using Goggle search. The images are described as 1024 x 768
    >pixels.
    >
    >Does this mean that if we copy the picture and tell our viewer to show
    >it at 100%, that the picture will be 1024 pixels wide?

    ...yes, and 768 pixels high. Weird eh?

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Dec 10, 2004
  5. Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
    size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!
    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Dec 11, 2004
  6. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Mark² Guest

    > Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
    > size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

    Yes.

    If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen resolution
    that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.
    Mark², Dec 11, 2004
  7. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    bertie Guest

    Definitely wear those Goggles (sic).Exploding pixels can be very dangerous.
    Tongue firmly in cheek of course.Pip pip all.Bertie.

    bertie, Dec 11, 2004
  8. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Cynicor Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <> wrote:
    >> Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
    >> size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

    > Yes.
    >
    > If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen resolution
    > that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

    It's really irresponsible to spread misinformation like this. What happens
    is that your hard drive reformats.
    Cynicor, Dec 11, 2004
  9. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Paul Ryan Guest

    Cynicor wrote:

    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >>"-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
    >>>size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

    >>Yes.
    >>
    >>If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen resolution
    >>that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

    > It's really irresponsible to spread misinformation like this. What happens
    > is that your hard drive reformats.

    Or at the very least it catches fire.

    Paul
    Paul Ryan, Dec 11, 2004
  10. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Frank ess Guest

    Paul Ryan wrote:
    > Cynicor wrote:

    >>> Yes.
    >>>
    >>> If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen
    >>> resolution that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

    >> It's really irresponsible to spread misinformation like this. What
    >> happens is that your hard drive reformats.

    > Or at the very least it catches fire.

    Or it tiptoes around the corner and laughs up its sleeve.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Dec 11, 2004
  11. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Randy Howard Guest

    In article <hbyud.1416$2r.878@fed1read02>, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
    here)@cox..net> says...

    > "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <> wrote in message
    > > Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
    > > size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

    > Yes.
    >
    > If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen resolution
    > that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

    Note that if you happen to use a resolution that is a multiple of three
    of the screen resolution (I.e. 3072x2304 in this case) it will cause
    most flat panels (not true of CRT's) to emit a toxic gas that is very
    harmful to humans, and can kill small pets such as cats and dogs. Do
    *not* do this. If you look in the owner's manual for most new-production
    flat panels you will see this warning notice.
    Randy Howard, Dec 13, 2004
  12. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Mark² Guest

    "Randy Howard" <> wrote in message
    > In article <hbyud.1416$2r.878@fed1read02>, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even

    number
    > here)@cox..net> says...
    > >
    > > "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <> wrote in message
    > > > Now I am getting it. So if I match the lens and camera to the screen
    > > > size. I can shoot my screen. Thanks!!

    > > Yes.
    > >
    > > If you take an image of a 1024x768 pixel image using a screen resolution
    > > that does NOT match, your monitor will explode.

    > Note that if you happen to use a resolution that is a multiple of three
    > of the screen resolution (I.e. 3072x2304 in this case) it will cause
    > most flat panels (not true of CRT's) to emit a toxic gas that is very
    > harmful to humans, and can kill small pets such as cats and dogs. Do
    > *not* do this. If you look in the owner's manual for most new-production
    > flat panels you will see this warning notice.

    I did that, and sure enough--my dog Bubba dropped dead.
    See?
    http://www.pbase.com/image/37435520
    I wish you had told me earlier...
    :(
    Mark², Dec 13, 2004
  13. >
    > Note that if you happen to use a resolution that is a multiple of three
    > of the screen resolution (I.e. 3072x2304 in this case) it will cause
    > most flat panels (not true of CRT's) to emit a toxic gas that is very
    > harmful to humans, and can kill small pets such as cats and dogs. Do
    > *not* do this. If you look in the owner's manual for most new-production
    > flat panels you will see this warning notice.

    What is less known is that if you do it with CRTs, the optical feedback
    between the monitor and the camera will cause beam to build up in a
    split second which may exit from the viewfinder and enter your brain
    through your eye.
    In some cases though, it has acted as laser eye surgery and cured
    serious retina conditions the user did not even know he had.

    --
    - Eolake
    --

    http://MacCreator.com
    Eolake Stobblehouse, Dec 13, 2004
  14. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    bear Guest

    "Eolake Stobblehouse" <> wrote in message

    > > Note that if you happen to use a resolution that is a multiple of three
    > > of the screen resolution (I.e. 3072x2304 in this case) it will cause
    > > most flat panels (not true of CRT's) to emit a toxic gas that is very
    > > harmful to humans, and can kill small pets such as cats and dogs. Do
    > > *not* do this. If you look in the owner's manual for most

    new-production
    > > flat panels you will see this warning notice.
    > >

    > What is less known is that if you do it with CRTs, the optical feedback
    > between the monitor and the camera will cause beam to build up in a
    > split second which may exit from the viewfinder and enter your brain
    > through your eye.
    > In some cases though, it has acted as laser eye surgery and cured
    > serious retina conditions the user did not even know he had.

    On the other hand, you may just only be breeching © and milking some camera
    toting idiot out of a dollar with your piss poor reproductions.
    Go for it.
    bear, Dec 13, 2004