Godfather used Facebook to run empire from jail

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by my, Jan 31, 2010.

  1. my

    my Guest

    I guess all Brits are a bunch of pussies.
    They can not even control a maximum secruity prison.

    From The Sunday Times
    January 31, 2010

    Godfather Colin Gunn used Facebook to run empire from jail

    Colin Gunn as he appears on his Facebook site which the Governor of Long
    Lartin prison Ferdie Parker allowed him to use to communicate with friends
    and family.

    Daniel Foggo and Carl Fellstrom
    ONE of Britain's most dangerous gangsters has been using Facebook to
    threaten and intimidate his enemies from a maximum security prison.

    Colin Gunn, an underworld godfather who ordered the execution of two
    grandparents, has been able to correspond freely with up to 565 "friends" on
    the social networking site for the past two months.

    Gunn, a "double-A" category inmate who is serving a 35-year sentence for
    conspiracy to murder, is said to be still running his drugs and organised
    crime cartel from jail. He claims he was allowed to set up a Facebook
    account by prison governors, suggesting it was his legal right.

    Critics believe the authorities may have turned a blind eye out of fear of
    receiving a legal challenge on human rights grounds.

    In one posting, Gunn, 42, said: "I will be home one day and I can't wait to
    look into certain people's eyes and see the fear of me being there." In
    another message he wrote: "It's good to have an outlet to let you know how I
    am, some of you will be in for a good slagging, some have let me down badly,
    and will be named and shamed, f****** rats."
    Gunn's criminal empire in Nottingham was one of the main reasons why it
    became known as "assassination city".

    His site, which he appears to have been able to update on a daily basis, was
    shut down on Friday after The Sunday Times raised the alarm.

    Jack Straw, the justice secretary, said he will crack down on Facebook use
    by prisoners. His department insists social networking sites are prohibited
    in jail and Gunn had not received permission to run an account. He is the
    latest - albeit the most dangerous - offender caught posting comments.

    Last week it emerged that Jade Braithwaite, jailed for knifing to death Ben
    Kinsella, 16, used Facebook to taunt his victim's family

    my, Jan 31, 2010

  2. my

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:21:17 -0500, my wrote:

    > I guess all Brits are a bunch of pussies.
    > They can not even control a maximum secruity prison.

    Facebook should shut down these types of accounts.
    Then the prison authorities should shut down access to the internet,
    period.
    The authorities, as well as law, should not even consider granting such
    access on the false premise of "human rights".
    It sounds to me like this Gunn used his money and intimidation to gain
    access. Perhaps threatening the prison warden's family.

    Access to the internet is not a right, it is a privilege.
    But I know that an asshole like Gunn would still find a way to control his
    empire while in prison. It's been done in USA prisons for a long time.

    richard, Jan 31, 2010

  3. my

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:08:54 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > my wrote:
    >>
    >> I guess all Brits are a bunch of pussies.
    >> They can not even control a maximum secruity prison.

    > May I refer you to the thread entitled Senior Health Care Solution where
    > Earlier I said .......
    >
    > If I could influence matters, prisoners would be back to being on bread
    > and water and given hard labour. IMO it *should* be *for* punishment.
    >
    > IMO we are far, far, too soft on bad guys nowadays. I well remember
    > when, as a young apprentice aged just 16, I stood in the gymnasium along
    > with hundreds of other young men and watched as one of my peers was
    > given six 'cuts' on his naked back. It was done in an elevated position,
    > in the boxing ring, so that no-one would be unable to see the blood!
    >
    > Such action had a sobering effect on all of us - making us *all* think
    > twice about breaking the rules!
    >
    > Hard to believe? Read here: http://www.corpun.com/counukn.htm
    >
    > **
    >
    > Prisoners should not, IMO, have access to any of the 'comforts' of
    > modern-day life. Certainly no TV and no Internet access.
    >
    > As far as I'm concerned, murderers and thugs relinquish all 'rights'
    > that ordinary citizens now enjoy!

    Shit, when I was in high school, we got our asses spanked hard with a board
    of education simply for not wearing a belt to school.

    Later on when those kids who got spanked the most wound up as politicians
    and influential people, they got laws passed making spanking a criminal
    offence. Even to your own kid in your own home.

    Now it seems the laws have been written to give anything to a convicted
    person just because he demands his "rights". Authorities no longer crack
    down on anything. You go to prison, you lose all of your rights.

    richard, Jan 31, 2010
  4. my

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:33:12 -0700, richard wrote:

    > The authorities, as well as law, should not even consider granting such
    > access on the false premise of "human rights".

    So, 'human rights' are a false premise?

    > It sounds to me like this
    > Gunn used his money and intimidation to gain access. Perhaps threatening
    > the prison warden's family.

    Prison Governor. I doubt it very much.

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Jan 31, 2010
  5. my

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:45:59 GMT, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:33:12 -0700, richard wrote:
    >
    >> The authorities, as well as law, should not even consider granting such
    >> access on the false premise of "human rights".

    > So, 'human rights' are a false premise?
    >
    >> It sounds to me like this
    >> Gunn used his money and intimidation to gain access. Perhaps threatening
    >> the prison warden's family.

    > Prison Governor. I doubt it very much.

    A man who orders his own grandparents killed would not stop because of a
    prison authority. Every man has his price. If he can't be bought so easily,
    you make threats and send the man a message he'll understand.

    There are gangs in Texas prisons who do the same thing.

    richard, Jan 31, 2010
  6. my

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:41:15 -0700, richard wrote:

    > Shit, when I was in high school, we got our asses spanked hard with a
    > board of education simply for not wearing a belt to school.

    On your head?

    > Later on when those kids who got spanked the most wound up as
    > politicians and influential people, they got laws passed making spanking
    > a criminal offence. Even to your own kid in your own home.

    So you'd prefer that it was legal to assault children in the privacy of
    your own home? I see.

    > Now it seems the laws have been written to give anything to a convicted
    > person just because he demands his "rights".

    Bollocks.

    > Authorities no longer crack
    > down on anything. You go to prison, you lose all of your rights.

    Wrong. You only lose the right of freedom of movement.

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Jan 31, 2010
  7. my

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:11:36 -0700, richard wrote:

    > A man who orders his own grandparents killed would not stop because of a
    > prison authority.

    In this country the prison officers wouldn't take kindly to one of their
    number or his or her family being threatened. The guilty party wouldn't
    find life as easy as before.

    > Every man has his price.

    Believe it or not, some don't. It's called 'being principled'.

    > If he can't be bought so
    > easily, you make threats and send the man a message he'll understand.

    And bear the consequences from the man's colleagues.

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Jan 31, 2010
  8. my

    my Guest

    LMAO

    You live in a dream world.

    Oh, and your still a punk.

    my, Jan 31, 2010
  9. my

    Jenn Guest

    my wrote:
    > LMAO
    >
    > You live in a dream world.
    >

    > Oh, and your still a punk.

    And what world do you live in, Herbert? You have multiple nicknames,
    pretend you aren't a majority of them when it's obvious that you are ... you
    post from either Florida or somewhere near Dullas airport, and rarely can
    carry on a conversation without calling someone a punk or worse. How old
    are you anyway? Did you ever manage to graduate highschool, or are you
    still attending 5th grade?

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Jan 31, 2010
  10. my

    chuckcar Guest

    ~BD~ <> wrote in

    > my wrote:
    >>
    >> I guess all Brits are a bunch of pussies.
    >> They can not even control a maximum secruity prison.

    > May I refer you to the thread entitled Senior Health Care Solution
    > where Earlier I said .......
    >
    > If I could influence matters, prisoners would be back to being on
    > bread and water and given hard labour. IMO it *should* be *for*
    > punishment.

    And that is exactly what is wrong with the US criminal justice system in
    a nutshell. Sooner or later they get out and if you treat them like
    shit, that's all they'll treat people on the outside like. Making
    nothing but harder criminals and rehabilitating none. And I don't care
    if you say this particular one wasn't going to be rehabed. A carefully
    selected biased case if there ever was one. The point is that they *all*
    live in the same place and will affect each others personality.

    > IMO we are far, far, too soft on bad guys nowadays. I well remember
    > when, as a young apprentice aged just 16, I stood in the gymnasium
    > along with hundreds of other young men and watched as one of my peers
    > was given six 'cuts' on his naked back. It was done in an elevated
    > position, in the boxing ring, so that no-one would be unable to see
    > the blood!

    I bet he turned out to be a loving caring non-violent completely
    unsadistic ahole. Not.

    > Such action had a sobering effect on all of us - making us *all* think
    > twice about breaking the rules!

    Yes, how to do them without the jerk who did the above finding out.
    Nothing more.

    > As far as I'm concerned, murderers and thugs relinquish all 'rights'
    > that ordinary citizens now enjoy!

    They do, they can't vote, but they're still covered by the constitution,
    or do you *still* think Bush wasn't a complete moron?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 1, 2010
  11. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 00:00:39 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> if you say this particular one wasn't going to be rehabed. A carefully

    > Rehabed?
    >
    >> unsadistic ahole. Not.

    > unsadistic?
    >
    > Do you just make up words as you go along?

    I think he pulls them from 'somewhere'. Don't touch them unless you're
    wearing rubber gloves.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Feb 1, 2010