    issues. I also read some usenet posts from last March that Paramount was
    going to be re-releasing these films with a new transfer.

    Anyone know if this is true (and if so, when they will be out)? Thanks.

    AgentOrangeCleaner, Dec 16, 2004

  2. AgentOrangeCleaner

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "AgentOrangeCleaner" <> wrote in message
    >I was thinking of finally getting the box set, but I read some poor
    >transfer issues. I also read some usenet posts from last March that
    >Paramount was going to be re-releasing these films with a new transfer.
    >
    > Anyone know if this is true (and if so, when they will be out)?
    > Thanks.

    Paramount decided instead to just release the first movie individually
    using the same transfer from the box set. It's the exact same disc,
    actually, just packaged on its own.

    Joshua Zyber, Dec 16, 2004

  3. "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    > "AgentOrangeCleaner" <> wrote in message
    >>I was thinking of finally getting the box set, but I read some poor
    >>transfer issues. I also read some usenet posts from last March that
    >>Paramount was going to be re-releasing these films with a new transfer.
    >>
    >> Anyone know if this is true (and if so, when they will be out)? Thanks.

    > Paramount decided instead to just release the first movie individually
    > using the same transfer from the box set. It's the exact same disc,
    > actually, just packaged on its own.

    Gotcha. Is there still any hope for a new transfer in the future? Or
    should I plonk down the $75?

    AgentOrangeCleaner, Dec 17, 2004
  4. "AgentOrangeCleaner" <> wrote in message

    > "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    > > "AgentOrangeCleaner" <> wrote in message
    > >>I was thinking of finally getting the box set, but I read some poor
    > >>transfer issues. I also read some usenet posts from last March that
    > >>Paramount was going to be re-releasing these films with a new transfer.
    > >>
    > >> Anyone know if this is true (and if so, when they will be out)? Thanks.

    > > Paramount decided instead to just release the first movie individually
    > > using the same transfer from the box set. It's the exact same disc,
    > > actually, just packaged on its own.

    > Gotcha. Is there still any hope for a new transfer in the future? Or
    > should I plonk down the $75?

    It's $30-35 at Costco right now, as is the pink panther set.

    ominousspiritous, Dec 17, 2004
  5. AgentOrangeCleaner

    Mike Kohary Guest

    AgentOrangeCleaner wrote:
    > "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in
    > message news:Cbpwd.1740$...
    >> "AgentOrangeCleaner" <> wrote in message
    >>> I was thinking of finally getting the box set, but I read some poor
    >>> transfer issues. I also read some usenet posts from last March that
    >>> Paramount was going to be re-releasing these films with a new
    >>> transfer. Anyone know if this is true (and if so, when they will be
    >>> out)?
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Paramount decided instead to just release the first movie
    >> individually using the same transfer from the box set. It's the
    >> exact same disc, actually, just packaged on its own.

    > Gotcha. Is there still any hope for a new transfer in the future? Or
    > should I plonk down the $75?

    The current transfers aren't "bad"; they're just not particularly good.
    There was no re-mastering done on these movies, and most feel (rightly so)
    that these movies deserved better treatment, so the disappointment factor
    probably exaggerates the criticism. Having said that, the transfers are
    perfectly acceptable and won't in any way impeded your enjoyment of these
    great movies.

    Mike Kohary, Dec 17, 2004
  6. AgentOrangeCleaner

    M.B. Guest

    Mike Kohary wrote:
    > AgentOrangeCleaner wrote:
    >
    >>"Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in
    >>message news:Cbpwd.1740$...
    >>
    >>>"AgentOrangeCleaner" <> wrote in message

    >>>Paramount decided instead to just release the first movie
    >>>individually using the same transfer from the box set. It's the
    >>>exact same disc, actually, just packaged on its own.

    >>Gotcha. Is there still any hope for a new transfer in the future? Or
    >>should I plonk down the $75?

    > The current transfers aren't "bad"; they're just not particularly good.
    > There was no re-mastering done on these movies, and most feel (rightly so)
    > that these movies deserved better treatment, so the disappointment factor
    > probably exaggerates the criticism. Having said that, the transfers are
    > perfectly acceptable and won't in any way impeded your enjoyment of these
    > great movies.

    Yeah, but can anything help the lack of enjoyment for Godfather 3????

    M.B., Dec 17, 2004
  7. AgentOrangeCleaner

    Nonymous Guest

    > "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    >> "AgentOrangeCleaner" <> wrote in message
    >>>I was thinking of finally getting the box set, but I read some poor
    >>>transfer issues. I also read some usenet posts from last March that
    >>>Paramount was going to be re-releasing these films with a new transfer.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know if this is true (and if so, when they will be out)? Thanks.

    >> Paramount decided instead to just release the first movie individually
    >> using the same transfer from the box set. It's the exact same disc,
    >> actually, just packaged on its own.

    > Gotcha. Is there still any hope for a new transfer in the future? Or
    > should I plonk down the $75?

    I wouldn't hold how. Buy them and enjoy the movies. You'll want to rebuy
    them again in 5 years or so anways when they're released in blueray or
    whatever.

    Nonymous, Dec 17, 2004
  8. AgentOrangeCleaner

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    M.B. wrote:

    > Yeah, but can anything help the lack of enjoyment for Godfather 3????

    Well, IMHO obviously, GF3 isn't a bad movie taken by itself. It's only
    bad when compared to its predecessors.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Dec 17, 2004