  1. Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 21, 2006

  2. I too will raise a glass to her Maj' and wish I were nuts deep in her vaj'

    Fenton Beasley, Apr 21, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    dogsBollix Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in news:psSdnZ9Uh5pendTZRVn-
    :

    > Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    > Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    > birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    if she's anything like her dear old mum it'll be a few G & Ts :)

    dB

    dogsBollix, Apr 21, 2006
  4. "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    > Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great birthday
    > and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    A great lady.
    --
    WSB

    West Stand Bowler, Apr 21, 2006
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    me Guest

    Re: God save the queen ...

    .... The fascist regime,
    It made you a moron,
    Potential H Bomb

    me, Apr 21, 2006
  6. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    > Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    > birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    Roger, not that big a deal really, I thought I would point out that
    the United States has never had a prime minister.

    Alt

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2, Apr 21, 2006
  7. ""(Ctrl¤+/Alt+¤/Del¤+)""
    <""Alt-Ctrl-Del\"@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net"> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    >> Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    >> birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    > Roger, not that big a deal really, I thought I would point out that the
    > United States has never had a prime minister.
    >
    > Alt

    Yes - could have been worded better but I assume he meant Prime Ministers in
    the UK and Presidents in the US.
    HT

    Harris Tweed \(Suite yourself\), Apr 21, 2006
  8. Harris Tweed (Suite yourself) wrote:
    > ""(Ctrl¤+/Alt+¤/Del¤+)""
    > <""Alt-Ctrl-Del\"@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net"> wrote in message
    >> Rôgêr wrote:
    >>> Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    >>> Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    >>> birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    >> Roger, not that big a deal really, I thought I would point out that the
    >> United States has never had a prime minister.
    >>
    >> Alt

    > Yes - could have been worded better but I assume he meant Prime Ministers in
    > the UK and Presidents in the US.
    > HT

    Are you sure you are qualified to speak for him Harris? He may really
    believe that the United States has both Prime Ministers and Presidents.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2, Apr 21, 2006
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Plato Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    > Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    > birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    Agreed.

    Plato, Apr 21, 2006
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:57:00 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    >Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    >birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    Why is it always God saving the queen?

    Can't the Queen save God for once?

    Evan Platt, Apr 21, 2006
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:57:00 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    >Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    >birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    She keeps her Moet et Chandon
    In her pretty cabinet
    'let them eat cake' she says
    Just like Marie Antoinette
    A built-in remedy
    For Kruschev and Kennedy
    At anytime an invitation
    You can't decline

    Caviar and cigarettes
    Well versed in etiquette
    Extraordinarily nice

    She's a Killer Queen
    Gunpowder, gelatine
    Dynamite with a laserbeam
    Guaranteed to blow your mind
    Anytime
    Ooh, recommended at the price
    Insatiable an appetite
    Wanna try ?

    Evan Platt, Apr 21, 2006
  12. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    > Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    > birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    Charles will never be king or he won't be for long. He might as well
    give it up to his son to carry on.

    She has got a good 10 years left in her.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 22, 2006
  13. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Margolotta Guest

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:19:18 +0100, Harris Tweed \(Suite yourself\) wrote
    (in article <c7b2g.8843$>):

    > ""(Ctrl¤+/Alt+¤/Del¤+)""
    > <""Alt-Ctrl-Del\"@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net"> wrote in message
    >> Rôgêr wrote:
    >>> Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    >>> Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    >>> birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    >> Roger, not that big a deal really, I thought I would point out that the
    >> United States has never had a prime minister.
    >>
    >> Alt

    > Yes - could have been worded better but I assume he meant Prime Ministers in
    > the UK and Presidents in the US.
    > HT

    Don't forget Canada - tit has Prime Ministers - and she's Queen there, too.

    Margolotta, Apr 22, 2006
  14. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Margolotta Guest

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:19:18 +0100, Harris Tweed \(Suite yourself\) wrote
    (in article <c7b2g.8843$>):

    > ""(Ctrl¤+/Alt+¤/Del¤+)""
    > <""Alt-Ctrl-Del\"@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net"> wrote in message
    >> Rôgêr wrote:
    >>> Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    >>> Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    >>> birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    >> Roger, not that big a deal really, I thought I would point out that the
    >> United States has never had a prime minister.
    >>
    >> Alt

    > Yes - could have been worded better but I assume he meant Prime Ministers in
    > the UK and Presidents in the US.
    > HT

    And Australia

    Margolotta, Apr 22, 2006
  15. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:57:00 -0400, Rôgêr <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime
    >>Ministers and Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope
    >>she has a great birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for
    >>me.

    > She keeps her Moet et Chandon
    > In her pretty cabinet
    > 'let them eat cake' she says
    > Just like Marie Antoinette
    > A built-in remedy
    > For Kruschev and Kennedy
    > At anytime an invitation
    > You can't decline
    >
    > Caviar and cigarettes
    > Well versed in etiquette
    > Extraordinarily nice
    >
    > She's a Killer Queen
    > Gunpowder, gelatine
    > Dynamite with a laserbeam
    > Guaranteed to blow your mind
    > Anytime
    > Ooh, recommended at the price
    > Insatiable an appetite
    > Wanna try ?

    Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl,
    but she doesn't have a lot to say
    Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl
    but she changes from day to day

    I want to tell her that I love her a lot
    But I gotta get a bellyful of wine
    Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl
    Someday I'm going to make her mine, oh yeah,
    someday I'm going to make her mine.

    --
    Blinky
    Kill-filing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 22, 2006
  16. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    clot Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:57:00 -0400, Rôgêr <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime
    >>> Ministers and Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope
    >>> she has a great birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for
    >>> me.

    >> She keeps her Moet et Chandon
    >> In her pretty cabinet
    >> 'let them eat cake' she says
    >> Just like Marie Antoinette
    >> A built-in remedy
    >> For Kruschev and Kennedy
    >> At anytime an invitation
    >> You can't decline
    >>
    >> Caviar and cigarettes
    >> Well versed in etiquette
    >> Extraordinarily nice
    >>
    >> She's a Killer Queen
    >> Gunpowder, gelatine
    >> Dynamite with a laserbeam
    >> Guaranteed to blow your mind
    >> Anytime
    >> Ooh, recommended at the price
    >> Insatiable an appetite
    >> Wanna try ?

    > Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl,
    > but she doesn't have a lot to say
    > Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl
    > but she changes from day to day
    >
    > I want to tell her that I love her a lot
    > But I gotta get a bellyful of wine
    > Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl
    > Someday I'm going to make her mine, oh yeah,
    > someday I'm going to make her mine.

    Blinky, you're a very nice shark
    But do please hark
    There are nets to the West
    That have a very fine mesh
    I wish you all the besh!

    Thanks for sharing the wine! :)

    clot, Apr 22, 2006
  17. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Plato Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > >Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    > >Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    > >birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    > Why is it always God saving the queen?
    >
    > Can't the Queen save God for once?

    In "Dances With Wolfes", there was a scene where an army dude put a gun
    to his head.

    He said,

    The King is dead. God save the King.

    I never understood that.........

    Plato, Apr 22, 2006
  18. "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >>
    >> >Happy 80th to the queen. We've been through a lot of Prime Ministers and
    >> >Presidents of the U.S. since she ascended, I hope she has a great
    >> >birthday and throws back a shot of tequila for me.

    >> Why is it always God saving the queen?
    >>
    >> Can't the Queen save God for once?

    > In "Dances With Wolfes", there was a scene where an army dude put a gun
    > to his head.
    >
    > He said,
    >
    > The King is dead. God save the King.
    >
    > I never understood that.........

    Yes it does seem odd but the explanation is simple. The saying refers to the
    OLD king (now dead) and the NEW king. And "save" in this context is much
    more than asking God to prolong the new King's life - it includes giving him
    protection, wisdom, understanding and guidance.
    HT

    Harris Tweed \(Suite yourself\), Apr 22, 2006
  19. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Plato Guest

    > >> Why is it always God saving the queen?
    > >> Can't the Queen save God for once?

    > > In "Dances With Wolfes", there was a scene where an army dude put a gun
    > > to his head.
    > >
    > > He said,
    > > The King is dead. God save the King.
    > > I never understood that.........

    > Yes it does seem odd but the explanation is simple. The saying refers to the
    > OLD king (now dead) and the NEW king. And "save" in this context is much
    > more than asking God to prolong the new King's life - it includes giving him
    > protection, wisdom, understanding and guidance.

    OK now it makes more sense. Another thing I am trouble understanding.
    Why do people say to "pray for the Pope?"

    eg if the Pope is in some sort of trouble that needs praying for then
    what the heck are the rest of us in for?

    Plato, Apr 22, 2006
  20. Plato wrote:

    > eg if the Pope is in some sort of trouble that needs praying for
    > then what the heck are the rest of us in for?

    I'm in for five dollars. Joe Louis in ten rounds.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 22, 2006