    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, May 24, 2004

  2. "Scott Streeter" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
    > "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
    > me all pissed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
    > hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
    > new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
    > DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
    > care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
    > other stuff alone...
    >
    > --
    > Scott Streeter
    >
    > http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    I thought you said you hated the film "lucas" with that cocked out dopey no
    talent Corey Haim. I wonder if he tapped Noni's ass during the making of
    that flick.

    Tad Bitt§ï£, May 24, 2004

  3. "Tad Bitt§ï£" <> writes:

    > "Scott Streeter" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
    > > "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
    > > me all pissed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
    > > hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
    > > new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
    > > DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
    > > care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
    > > other stuff alone...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Scott Streeter
    > >
    > > http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    > I thought you said you hated the film "lucas" with that cocked out dopey no
    > talent Corey Haim. I wonder if he tapped Noni's ass during the making of
    > that flick.

    Never seen it :)

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, May 24, 2004
  4. Scott Streeter

    Bratboy Guest

    Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

    Bratboy, May 24, 2004
  5. "Bratboy" <> writes:

    > Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

    I've read rumors he's going to CG Howard too.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, May 24, 2004
  6. Scott Streeter <> writes:
    > "Bratboy" <> writes:
    >
    > > Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

    > I've read rumors he's going to CG Howard too.

    They don't call it "Howard the Duck" anymore. Its retitled "The
    Adventures of Jar Jar Binks." Two more movies is on planning stage
    to complete the trilogy Lucas envisioned in the 80's, but
    couldn't finish due to lack of technology.

    --
    Paikka on varattu
    vali deille

    Pentti Lajunen, May 24, 2004
  7. Scott Streeter

    Tarkus Guest

    On 5/24/2004 7:40:25 AM, Bratboy wrote:

    > Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

    That or you could just not buy it.
    --
    "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind
    you from the truth."

    Now playing: "Johnny Winter - SF Rehearsals 8-10-73 - 07 Jam"

    Tarkus, May 24, 2004
  8. Scott Streeter

    TSKO Guest

    > I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
    > "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
    > me all pissed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
    > hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
    > new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
    > DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
    > care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
    > other stuff alone...
    >
    > --
    > Scott Streeter
    >
    > http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Well, if you want to be technical.....the Indy movies where touched up a
    bit.....

    You know, no more reflection when Indy is looking at the snake...

    TSKO, May 24, 2004
  9. Scott Streeter

    White Jacket Guest

    Scott Streeter <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Bratboy" <> writes:
    >
    > > Noooooo, leave Howard alone, other than releasing it.

    > I've read rumors he's going to CG Howard too.

    Next it will be Bob Falfa's '55 Chevy exploding with a ring-shaped CGI shock wave.

    --Jack

    White Jacket, May 24, 2004
  10. "TSKO" <> writes:

    > "Scott Streeter" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
    > > "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
    > > me all pissed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
    > > hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
    > > new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
    > > DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
    > > care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
    > > other stuff alone...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Scott Streeter
    > >
    > > http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    > Well, if you want to be technical.....the Indy movies where touched up a
    > bit.....
    >
    > You know, no more reflection when Indy is looking at the snake...

    True enough but the scene was still unchanged. I can deal with a small
    clean up like that. They didn't CG the snake or make Indy NOT shoot
    the swordsman first, etc.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, May 26, 2004
  11. Scott Streeter

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Scott Streeter wrote:
    > I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
    > "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
    > me all pissed off again.

    Don't even get me started. ;)

    > First no original Star Wars on DVD.

    Argh! You're going to get me started! Must practice restraint, must
    practice restraint...

    > Then I
    > hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
    > new movies.

    Pathetic.

    > And now THX-1138.....

    Argh.

    > Thank God the Indy movies made it to
    > DVD untouched.

    Thankfully, Spielberg is an actual filmmaker, and doesn't love his toys more
    than his art.

    > Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
    > care about....

    That is indeed the silver lining to the cloud. Unfortunately, the one thing
    he can muck up is my favorite movie of all time...

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, May 26, 2004
  12. Scott Streeter

    PW Guest

    > Well, if you want to be technical.....the Indy movies where touched up a
    > bit.....
    >
    > You know, no more reflection when Indy is looking at the snake...

    But what is really strange is that they DIDN'T edit out the
    reflection of the snake when Marion falls in the Well Of The Souls.

    I watched it last night again and had never noticed it before,
    but there it is, plain as day.

    Wonder if they had forgotten about it?

    PW, May 26, 2004
  13. Scott Streeter

    Codswallop Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:13:00 GMT, Mike Kohary wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > Thankfully, Spielberg is an actual filmmaker, and doesn't love his
    > toys more than his art.

    *cough*ET*cough*

    --
    - Cods
    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.

    Codswallop, May 27, 2004
  14. Scott Streeter

    Bill Guest

    > > Thankfully, Spielberg is an actual filmmaker, and doesn't love his
    > > toys more than his art.

    > *cough*ET*cough*

    To his credit though, at least Spielberg didn't ban the original version
    from distribution. George Lucas would do well to learn that lesson.

    Bill, May 27, 2004
  15. Scott Streeter

    Codswallop Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 23:48:01 GMT, Bill wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >> > Thankfully, Spielberg is an actual filmmaker, and doesn't love his
    >> > toys more than his art.

    >> *cough*ET*cough*

    > To his credit though, at least Spielberg didn't ban the original
    > version from distribution. George Lucas would do well to learn that
    > lesson.

    Agreed. Even more to his credit, he made both versions available!

    Codswallop, May 27, 2004
  16. Scott Streeter

    WMeynerd Guest

    On 24 May 2004 09:40:00 -0400, Scott Streeter <> wrote:

    >I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
    >"enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
    >me all pissed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
    >hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with the
    >new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made it to
    >DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done that I
    >care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave the
    >other stuff alone...

    Not only is it old news, but not terribly important news. You need to get a life if something like troubles
    you.

    Claire D. Lune

    WMeynerd, May 27, 2004
  17. Scott Streeter

    Wade365 Guest

    << Not only is it old news, but not terribly important news. You need to get a
    life if something like troubles
    you. >><BR><BR>

    Hey look folks! It's a Troll, look there... did'ja SEE it?

    Wade365, May 27, 2004
  18. Scott Streeter

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Codswallop wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:13:00 GMT, Mike Kohary wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >> Thankfully, Spielberg is an actual filmmaker, and doesn't love his
    >> toys more than his art.

    > *cough*ET*cough*

    Did Spielberg withhold the original film from DVD release? No. In fact, he
    insisted on the original being included on all releases, when Universal was
    going to withhold the original from all but the special box set release. I
    don't care if a filmmaker alters their film later, as long as they retain
    and release the original as well.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, May 27, 2004
  19. Scott Streeter

    Mike Kohary Guest

    WMeynerd wrote:
    > On 24 May 2004 09:40:00 -0400, Scott Streeter <> wrote:
    >>
    >> I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
    >> "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
    >> me all pissed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
    >> hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with
    >> the new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made
    >> it to DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done
    >> that I care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave
    >> the other stuff alone...

    > Not only is it old news, but not terribly important news.

    Star Wars was a milestone in motion pictures. If you don't consider this
    issue "important", perhaps you shouldn't even be discussing movies.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, May 27, 2004
  20. Scott Streeter

    WMeynerd Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:51:38 -0700, "Mike Kohary" <> wrote:

    >WMeynerd wrote:
    >> On 24 May 2004 09:40:00 -0400, Scott Streeter <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I know this is probably old news, but I was just reading about the
    >>> "enhancements" Lucas is putting into the THX-1138 DVD and it just got
    >>> me all pissed off again. First no original Star Wars on DVD. Then I
    >>> hear he's going to digitally edit those even more to "fit in" with
    >>> the new movies. And now THX-1138..... Thank God the Indy movies made
    >>> it to DVD untouched. Fortunately there isn't anything else he's done
    >>> that I care about.... Edit the hell out of Howard the Duck but leave
    >>> the other stuff alone...

    >> Not only is it old news, but not terribly important news.

    >Star Wars was a milestone in motion pictures. If you don't consider this
    >issue "important", perhaps you shouldn't even be discussing movies.
    >
    >Mike

    Star Wars was one of the most boring pieces of movie schlock to hit the silver screen.
    And another thing, sonny:
    You don't tell me what I should be discussing. You're an arrogant little twerp who's got this idea that
    you are somehow the guru of film and only your opinion counts. Now that we're clear on that, you are
    dismissed!

    Claire D. Lune

    WMeynerd, May 27, 2004