    P&S. Memories to cherish? Uggg!

    Corner crop at only 400 ISO. So much for those "great" P&S lenses.

    http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122438348/original
    RichA, Mar 3, 2010

  2. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Re: God do I f------ HATE superzoom P&S's (example) (Rich's whinings)

    RichA <> wrote:
    >A friend of mine went to an Autorama. I suggested he take his Nikon
    >DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
    >P&S.

    And you took a mid-level SLR instead of a 40MP medium-format SLR?
    Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?

    >Corner crop

    Another idiot pixel-peeper.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Mar 3, 2010

  3. On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:07:11 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >A friend of mine went to an Autorama. I suggested he take his Nikon
    >DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
    >P&S. Memories to cherish? Uggg!
    >
    >Corner crop at only 400 ISO. So much for those "great" P&S lenses.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122438348/original

    If I was as psychotically obsessed as you are I could find 1000x's that
    many coming from expensive DSLR glass. I've seen far worse posted right in
    this newsgroup coming from DSLRs, even when not represented as 100% crops.
    I recall one person bragging about their sports-field shots at night, and
    how good their DSLR was for that type of lighting, until I pointed out the
    CA from their camera. The CA being three times as bad the image you are
    using for an example. Each CA artifact in their DSLR image appeared as a
    completely separate flood-light.

    How soon psychotics forget.
    Charles Chase, Mar 3, 2010
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 3, 1:50 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:
    > >A friend of mine went to an Autorama.  I suggested he take his Nikon
    > >DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
    > >P&S.

    > And you took a mid-level SLR instead of a 40MP medium-format SLR?
    > Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?
    >
    > >Corner crop

    > Another idiot pixel-peeper.

    Think those issues disappear completely at 1000x 750? Shrink it and
    see.
    RichA, Mar 3, 2010
  5. RichA

    BFD Guest

    BFD, Mar 3, 2010
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Mar 3, 2010
  7. RichA

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:07:11 -0800, RichA wrote:

    > A friend of mine went to an Autorama. I suggested he take his Nikon
    > DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
    > P&S. Memories to cherish? Uggg!
    >
    > Corner crop at only 400 ISO. So much for those "great" P&S lenses.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122438348/original

    I have an idea! Since you don't like them - DON'T USE THEM! The choice is
    yours.
    ray, Mar 3, 2010
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 3, 11:11 am, ray <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:07:11 -0800, RichA wrote:
    > > A friend of mine went to an Autorama.  I suggested he take his Nikon
    > > DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
    > > P&S.  Memories to cherish?  Uggg!

    > > Corner crop at only 400 ISO.  So much for those "great" P&S lenses.

    > >http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/122438348/original

    > I have an idea! Since you don't like them - DON'T USE THEM! The choice is
    > yours.

    I don't and I don't.
    RichA, Mar 3, 2010
  9. RichA

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Mar 3, 1:50 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA  <> wrote:
    >> >A friend of mine went to an Autorama.  I suggested he take his Nikon
    >> >DSLR, but for some reason, he opted instead to bring a mid-level Sony
    >> >P&S.

    >> And you took a mid-level SLR instead of a 40MP medium-format SLR?
    >> Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?
    >>
    >> >Corner crop

    >> Another idiot pixel-peeper.

    >Think those issues disappear completely at 1000x 750?

    You are a whiny, arrogant, hypocrite. You insist that YOUR
    compromises are the only acceptable compromises and you're such a
    moron that you don't even seem to realize that you make compromises.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Mar 4, 2010
  10. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 3, 10:09 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:

    > >> And you took a mid-level SLR instead of a 40MP medium-format SLR?
    > >> Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?

    > >> Another idiot pixel-peeper.

    > >Think those issues disappear completely at 1000x 750?

    > You are a whiny, arrogant, hypocrite.  You insist that YOUR
    > compromises are the only acceptable compromises and you're such a
    > moron that you don't even seem to realize that you make compromises.

    There is a basement limit, even for clods like you. IMO, I've not yet
    seen ANY P&S with a small sensor that can do justice to 400 ISO or
    higher. If you think they can, say so. Then post some images.
    RichA, Mar 5, 2010
  11. RichA

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Mar 3, 10:09 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA  <> wrote:

    >> >Think those issues disappear completely at 1000x 750?

    >> You are a whiny, arrogant, hypocrite.  You insist that YOUR
    >> compromises are the only acceptable compromises and you're such a
    >> moron that you don't even seem to realize that you make compromises.

    >There is a basement limit,

    According to the arrogant hypocrite.

    --
    Ray Fischer