    Costco has a Go Video brand DVD/VHS combo for $119 and Best Buy has a
    Polaroid DVD/VHS combo for $99. I'm thinking of buying one of these for my
    Mom for Xmas. Anyone have any comments good or bad on either brand?
    Mike Rush, Dec 7, 2003

  2. For what it's worth, I'm familiar with the "GO" brand. It's been around
    a while and "pioneered" (pun intended) the "self-contained VHS to VHS
    unit.

    Polaroid makes cameras. Altho, I'm sure if you check around enough,
    you'll
    find the Polaroid unit with other names.

    Adrian

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Mike Rush

    Sydney Brown Guest

    I hear nothing but bad from Go Video. They've been kings of the combo VCRs
    since day one, and I've never heard a pleasant review.

    No idea on Polaroid.

    -Sydney Brown

    I'm just here to help.
    Sydney Brown, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Mike Rush

    josh Guest

    They are both pretty cheap. The only difference usually between the
    different combos is usually which digital audio ouput they have. If you are
    going to hook it to a home theater look to see that is has a matching
    connection; either digital coax or optical.

    josh, Dec 8, 2003