    brought me directly to the desk top. Is there something that does the
    same in Windows 7? It saves me time from having to minimize all open
    applications in order to get to the desk top. I appreciate your help

    SanCarlosCyclist, Jan 13, 2010

  2. SanCarlosCyclist

    Tom Guest

    "SanCarlosCyclist" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I used Windows XP, I had an icon on my launch toolbar that
    > brought me directly to the desk top. Is there something that does the
    > same in Windows 7? It saves me time from having to minimize all open
    > applications in order to get to the desk top. I appreciate your help

    It's still there, but not in the typical (or default) place. Look on the
    right side of your toolbar just right of the clock, you'll see a blue square
    icon that is the Show Desktop.

    Tom, Jan 14, 2010

  3. SanCarlosCyclist

    Carlos Guest

    Additionally, pressing Windows Key + Space bar produces the same effect.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 14, 2010
  4. SanCarlosCyclist

    Tom Guest

    Actually, that's pressing Windows key + "D" :).

    Tom, Jan 14, 2010
  5. SanCarlosCyclist

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Tom - and Cyclist.

    Even better: Just hover your mouse over that square and your desktop will
    appear - but only until you move the mouse away - unless you click it on the
    square. ;<) I do this often to check my weather gadgets and then return to
    newsgroups.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jan 14, 2010
  6. SanCarlosCyclist

    Carlos Guest

    You are right,
    D is for showing desktop, and Space Bar is for Aero Peek.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 14, 2010
  7. SanCarlosCyclist

    Tom Guest

    Very true, only if it is enabled. I turn off all of the eye candy, so I
    really don't need it.

    Tom, Jan 14, 2010
  8. SanCarlosCyclist

    Drew Guest

    I always thought the way was Windows key + "M" (Minimize all windows)

    Drew

    Drew, Jan 14, 2010
  9. SanCarlosCyclist

    Carlos Guest

    Drew,

    Win + D toggles between show Desktop and restore Windows.
    Win + M just minimizes the windows.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 14, 2010
  10. SanCarlosCyclist

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Drew" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I always thought the way was Windows key + "M" (Minimize all windows)

    Win + M does minimize all windows but holding Win + spacebar just *shows* the
    desktop. When you release the spacebar, the windows return.

    Here's a link to all the Windows shortcut keys, including those found in Win 7:

    http://productivity.ben61a.com/windows/windows-7-shortcut-keys.php

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Jan 15, 2010