    I am now confusing whether to go further for MCSD or not.
    Do anyone can give me so comment?

    Thanks in advance!!!
    New Comer of MCAD.NET, Nov 20, 2003

  2. New Comer of MCAD.NET

    emg Guest

    There will always, ALWAYS be another release coming out. There will always
    be a new version of the exam some time out in the future. The question at
    this point is, "What do you expect to get from the MCSD?" If it will help
    you reach some goal (educational, personal, financial) then go ahead and
    finish the cert now.

    I just completed the MCAD but I'm in no hurry for the MCSD right now. I
    would need to take the Windows desktop exam (and all I do is web apps) and
    the Microsoft architecture exam. My employer doesn't care if I'm certified.
    The client I work for doesn't care if I'm certified. I did the MCAD as a
    training exercise in .Net because it's so different from VS6 and I wanted a
    structured approach to the learning process. Right now I'd like to spend
    more time playing with the stuff I've already covered because we're not
    using .Net at work right now and I don't want to forget all I've learned.

    Elena

    "New Comer of MCAD.NET" <> wrote in
    message news:233a01c3af50$ed9eaef0$...

    emg, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Elena,

    Thanks for your advise!! Actually, the purpose for me to
    get MCSD is mostly for personal. I want to enrich myself
    to be fully confidence in using a tool.

    In my company, she also doesn't care whether i am
    certified. My boss only has "nice to have" attitude
    towards us. So I am not getting the certificate for them
    anyway.

    Why i am so worry because if the tool or language changes
    so fast and frequently, doesn't it worth to put so much
    time and effort to get the certificate which may be phased
    out in 1-2 years later?!?

    New Comer of MCAD.Net, Nov 21, 2003
  4. In news: 233a01c3af50$ed9eaef0$,
    New Comer of MCAD.NET <> wrote:
    > I have just earned the MCAD.NET certificate successfully
    > last week. And now would like to go further in order to
    > get MCSD.NET certificate.
    >
    > However, when i was visiting the web-site of Visual Studio
    > in Microsoft, I found that they already announced the next
    > generation of Visual Studio, called "Whidbey" in 2004
    > and "Orcas" in 2005.
    >
    > Do anyone knows the current .NET certificate will be
    > retired soon after the next generation of VS mentioned
    > above? Is there the great change in the language, such as
    > VB.NET or C# in the next generation of VS?

    Hi,

    Perhaps the following article will help:
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Oct01/10-11MCPUpdatesPR.asp

    www.cindywinegarden.com
    Cindy Winegarden, Nov 21, 2003