    anybody else have this problem and how can i
    correct this,
    thanks,
    dre, Jul 17, 2006

  2. dre wrote:
    > when i press the go button in the navigation bar the pull down menu
    > waits for 30 seconds to appear.
    > every button in ff is frozen until the menu appears.
    > anybody else have this problem and how can i correct this,
    > thanks,

    ??Not seeing what you are.
    I hit the 'Go' button and it takes me to the page in the location field,
    and no menu appears. I can get a pull down menu for the location bar by
    clicking on the downward pointing triangle in the location field, but
    that's instaneous as soon as I click.

    Are you talking of the GO Menu perhaps?
    That context menu includes the History sub-menu, so slow loading time
    may be indicative that your History file is rather large. Does clearing
    History speed up the menu opening at all?
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 17, 2006

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 17, 2006
  4. dre

    gwtc Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > dre wrote:
    >
    >>when i press the go button in the navigation bar the pull down menu
    >>waits for 30 seconds to appear.
    >>every button in ff is frozen until the menu appears.
    >>anybody else have this problem and how can i correct this,
    >>thanks,

    > ??Not seeing what you are.
    > I hit the 'Go' button and it takes me to the page in the location field,
    > and no menu appears. I can get a pull down menu for the location bar by
    > clicking on the downward pointing triangle in the location field, but
    > that's instaneous as soon as I click.
    >

    > Are you talking of the GO Menu perhaps?
    > That context menu includes the History sub-menu, so slow loading time
    > may be indicative that your History file is rather large. Does clearing
    > History speed up the menu opening at all?

    I got rid of my Go button.

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Did you know that there are only four words in the English language
    which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
    gwtc, Jul 17, 2006
  5. dre

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jul 17, 2006
  6. dre

    dre Guest

    > Are you talking of the GO Menu perhaps?
    > That context menu includes the History sub-menu, so slow loading time
    > may be indicative that your History file is rather large. Does clearing
    > History speed up the menu opening at all?

    i reduced the history to 7 days now,much better.
    thanks
    dre, Jul 17, 2006
  7. dre

    dre Guest