    I used to look at the auto load and edit it accordingly. Now I am
    stuck.

    bas

    basil, Jan 15, 2008

  2. basil

    Dion Leblanc Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:04:51 -0800, basil wrote:

    > I am trying to discover why gmail will load using IExplorer but it won't
    > load with Firefox. It is a recent event of 3-4 days ago.
    >
    > Profile may be at fault but I don't see how to fix it. In the old days I
    > used to look at the auto load and edit it accordingly. Now I am stuck.
    >
    > bas

    I take it you have cleared the firefox cache. You could try installing
    the gmail notifier plugin and use that to log in instead of via the
    webpage.

    Dion Leblanc, Jan 15, 2008

  3. basil wrote:
    > I am trying to discover why gmail will load using IExplorer but it
    > won't load with Firefox. It is a recent event of 3-4 days ago.
    >
    > Profile may be at fault but I don't see how to fix it. In the old days
    > I used to look at the auto load and edit it accordingly. Now I am
    > stuck.
    >
    > bas

    Which add-ons do you have installed ?

    Are java/script and cookies enabled ?

    Mark Robinson, Jan 15, 2008
  4. basil

    Ralph Fox Guest

    See GMail help at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=12914

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Jan 15, 2008
  5. basil

    basil Guest

    On 15 Jan, 19:09, Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:
    > basil wrote:
    > > I am trying to discover why gmail will load using IExplorer but it
    > > won't load with Firefox. It is a recent event of 3-4 days ago.

    > > Profile may be at fault but I don't see how to fix it. In the old days
    > > I used to look at the auto load and edit it accordingly. Now I am
    > > stuck.

    > > bas

    > Which add-ons do you have installed ?
    >
    > Are java/script and cookies enabled ?

    Hello all,

    I have cleared the cach, installed google notifier, checked Jave/
    script & enabled cookies but still gmail won't load in FF only in IE.
    There is something I am missing. I have been looking for an older
    Version (older than 2.0.0.11) because it seems to be a compatibility
    problem.

    I'll post here if I get it going again.

    nof

    basil, Jan 17, 2008
  6. basil

    joe_90 Guest

    basil wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have cleared the cach, installed google notifier, checked Jave/
    > script & enabled cookies but still gmail won't load in FF only in IE.
    > There is something I am missing. I have been looking for an older
    > Version (older than 2.0.0.11) because it seems to be a compatibility
    > problem.
    >
    > I'll post here if I get it going again.

    Did you remove all cookies?

    joe_90, Jan 17, 2008
  7. basil

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:34:27 -0800 (PST), in message <>,
    basil wrote:

    > I have been looking for an older
    > Version (older than 2.0.0.11) because it seems to be a compatibility
    > problem.

    Gmail loads here in Firefox 2.0.0.11. I do not believe it is a
    compatibility problem with this version.

    Gmail does take a while to load, but the same happens in other browsers too.
    Before the page loads, I see the following. If I wait, Gmail does load.

    | This seems to be taking longer than usual.
    |
    | If you are using a slow Internet connection, you can wait a bit longer
    | for this page to finish loading, or just use basic HTML view for now.
    |
    | If you are using your normal Internet connection and you usually get
    | past this loading step without any problems, please refresh this page in
    | your browser. If you continue to have trouble loading your account,
    | please visit the help center for troubleshooting information.

    I suspect this is because I am on dial-up and Gmail has changed to
    depend on broadband speeds.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Jan 17, 2008
  8. In article <>,
    says...
    > I am trying to discover why gmail will load using IExplorer but it
    > won't load with Firefox. It is a recent event of 3-4 days ago.
    >
    > Profile may be at fault but I don't see how to fix it. In the old days
    > I used to look at the auto load and edit it accordingly. Now I am
    > stuck.
    >
    > bas

    It must be some setup problem at your end, I just used firefox to log in to my
    gmail account (for the first time in 6 or 9 months, I normally pick up via pop
    from them) and it worked fine first time around, no problems whatsoever.

    Just what the problem might be is beyond me.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jan 18, 2008