    US only :-(

    Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is valid.

    TIA

    -=rjh=-, Aug 25, 2005

  2. -=rjh=-

    Enkidu Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:

    > Gmail is finally available to the public without an invitation - in the
    > US only :-(
    >
    > Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is valid.

    The invites work by email. You'll have to supply a proper
    email to get an invite. *MY* address is fudged too, but if
    you can work it out, send me an email and I'll send you one.

    There are sites that will give you an invite.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 25, 2005

  3. -=rjh=-

    PAM. Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message

    > Gmail is finally available to the public without an invitation - in the
    > US only :-(
    >
    > Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is valid.

    I went into google and searched for invite for GMail and found some link and
    used that
    This was a few months ago

    PAM.

    PAM., Aug 25, 2005
  4. -=rjh=-

    Richard Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Gmail is finally available to the public without an invitation - in the
    > US only :-(
    >
    > Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is valid.
    >
    > TIA

    done

    Richard, Aug 26, 2005
  5. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >
    >> Gmail is finally available to the public without an invitation - in
    >> the US only :-(
    >>
    >> Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is valid.
    >>
    >> TIA

    > done

    Thanks guys, all sorted.

    -=rjh=-, Aug 26, 2005
  6. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    PAM. wrote:
    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Gmail is finally available to the public without an invitation - in the
    >>US only :-(
    >>
    >>Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is valid.

    > I went into google and searched for invite for GMail and found some link and
    > used that
    > This was a few months ago

    I thought about doing that, but aren't those sites just getting a head
    start on collecting gmail addresses for spam?

    -=rjh=-, Aug 26, 2005
  7. -=rjh=-

    Richard Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >
    >> Gmail is finally available to the public without an invitation - in
    >> the US only :-(
    >>
    >> Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is valid.
    >>
    >> TIA

    > done

    Anyone else want one, email richms @ gmail and put the subject as invite so it
    filters right.

    Richard, Aug 26, 2005
  8. -=rjh=-

    ~misfit~ Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >> -=rjh=- wrote:
    >>
    >>> Gmail is finally available to the public without an invitation - in
    >>> the US only :-(
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is
    >>> valid. TIA

    >> done

    > Thanks guys, all sorted.

    I really like their Gmail notifier. It sits in the tray and periodically
    checks your inbox and pops up a little flag when you get new mail. It even
    includes the first few lines of the email so you can decide if it requires
    urgent attention. Also, if the screensaver is active at the time the mail is
    recieved it pops the flag up when the screen saver is de-activated. Nifty.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 26, 2005
  9. -=rjh=-

    XPD Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > Gmail is finally available to the public without an invitation - in the US
    > only :-(
    >
    > Can anyone here please send me a spare invite? Email address is valid.
    >
    > TIA

    Ive got about 100 invites left if anyone wants one.....

    spam at (my post name) .co.nz

    XPD, Aug 26, 2005
  10. -=rjh=-

    Shane Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:12:08 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> Richard wrote:

    >>> done

    >> Thanks guys, all sorted.

    > I really like their Gmail notifier. It sits in the tray and periodically
    > checks your inbox and pops up a little flag when you get new mail. It even
    > includes the first few lines of the email so you can decide if it requires
    > urgent attention. Also, if the screensaver is active at the time the mail
    > is recieved it pops the flag up when the screen saver is de-activated.
    > Nifty.

    InfoRSS will watch your Google mailbox for you
    https://addons.mozilla.org/quicksearch.php?q=inforss&section=A
    Its also kewl for other stuff :)

    Shane, Aug 26, 2005
  11. -=rjh=-

    Paul Guest

    Gmail also works in OE. And also has forwarding.

    So, even if u have a Gmail addy, you can forward
    it to your ISP email addy..

    And you'll see / get it like normal email.

    Paul, Aug 26, 2005
  12. -=rjh=-

    Richard Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Gmail also works in OE. And also has forwarding.
    >
    > So, even if u have a Gmail addy, you can forward
    > it to your ISP email addy..
    >
    > And you'll see / get it like normal email.

    No imap tho, till then its only really usefull via the web site

    Richard, Aug 26, 2005
  13. -=rjh=-

    PAM. Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > I thought about doing that, but aren't those sites just getting a head
    > start on collecting gmail addresses for spam?

    No. It asked you for your email address and send you an invite IIRC.
    Obviously you'd have a junk web email address set up and go from there.

    PAM.

    PAM., Aug 26, 2005
  14. -=rjh=-

    Paul Guest

    Imap meaning what lol

    I use it, its fine getting it in OE.

    I can see/read the email, I can reply from OE.

    What more do I need.

    Paul, Aug 26, 2005
  15. -=rjh=-

    Richard Guest

    PAM. wrote:
    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I thought about doing that, but aren't those sites just getting a head
    >>start on collecting gmail addresses for spam?

    > No. It asked you for your email address and send you an invite IIRC.
    > Obviously you'd have a junk web email address set up and go from there.
    >
    > PAM.

    They will get an email when the invite is accepted with the new gmail address tho

    Richard, Aug 26, 2005
  16. -=rjh=-

    Richard Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Imap meaning what lol
    >
    > I use it, its fine getting it in OE.
    >
    > I can see/read the email, I can reply from OE.
    >
    > What more do I need.

    If you put something in a folder in OE, the change happens on gmail, not
    locally, also only headers are downloaded till you open the mail, all in all, a
    hell of a lot more efficiant

    Richard, Aug 26, 2005
  17. -=rjh=-

    Paul Guest

    Ah i gotcha. I'm not too worried about folders
    for my Gmail emails. 1 read theyre gone.

    I've just forwarded my gmail and got it to
    trash the gmail copy, so there wont be anything
    in gmail. Once I get it thru OE anyway.

    Paul, Aug 26, 2005