    elaich Guest

    We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up enmasse. Are
    these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest bunch yet.

    elaich, Apr 5, 2005

  2. elaich

    Old Gringo Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up enmasse. Are
    > these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest bunch yet.

    :) I have often wondered why some need so many email accounts.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Apr 5, 2005

  3. "elaich" <> wrote in message news:...
    > We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up enmasse. Are
    > these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest bunch yet.

    Whatsup? You want an invite? ;-)

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, Apr 5, 2005
  4. elaich

    trout Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:

    > elaich wrote:
    >> We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up
    >> enmasse. Are these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest
    >> bunch yet.
    >>

    > :) I have often wondered why some need so many email accounts.

    1. Free storage. 2 GB+ per Gmail account. Bulky stuff I don't use often,
    back-ups, music, etc. Just mail 'em to yourself.
    2. Throwaway. Good address for online forms and registrations; and (so
    far), don't receive anything near the auto-spam that accounts like
    Hotmail have.
    Then there's the free POP access, and/or forwarding...
    --
    Hey, why *not*?

    trout, Apr 5, 2005
  5. elaich

    Paul - xxx Guest

    trout composed the following;:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> elaich wrote:
    >>> We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up
    >>> enmasse. Are these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest
    >>> bunch yet.
    >>>

    >> :) I have often wondered why some need so many email accounts.

    > 1. Free storage. 2 GB+ per Gmail account. Bulky stuff I don't use often,
    > back-ups, music, etc. Just mail 'em to yourself.
    > 2. Throwaway. Good address for online forms and registrations; and (so
    > far), don't receive anything near the auto-spam that accounts like
    > Hotmail have.
    > Then there's the free POP access, and/or forwarding...

    Yeah, apart from all that, what has google done for you?

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, Apr 5, 2005
  6. elaich

    trout Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:

    > trout composed the following;:
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> :) I have often wondered why some need so many email accounts.

    >> 1. Free storage. 2 GB+ per Gmail account. Bulky stuff I don't use
    >> often, back-ups, music, etc. Just mail 'em to yourself.
    >> 2. Throwaway. Good address for online forms and registrations; and
    >> (so far), don't receive anything near the auto-spam that accounts
    >> like Hotmail have.
    >> Then there's the free POP access, and/or forwarding...

    > Yeah, apart from all that, what has google done for you?

    They ran five miles to tell me there was a fire at the old mill,
    rescued a little girl from a well, and baked me a batch of home-made
    cookies.
    --
    And then saved a basket of kittens from a volcano.

    trout, Apr 5, 2005
  7. elaich

    trout Guest

    elaich wrote:

    > We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up
    > enmasse. Are these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest
    > bunch yet.

    Gmail isn't the problem. Google Groups is.
    --
    And every other web interface for Usenet.

    trout, Apr 5, 2005
  8. elaich wrote:

    > We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up enmasse. Are
    > these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest bunch yet.

    Not necessarily does a Gmail From header mean a GoogleGroups poster;
    I've seen plenty of Real News Client posters that fly a Gmail address,
    so I'm not killing based on From containing string Gmail.

    That said, see my sig, and:

    %BOS
    [*]
    Score:: =-9999 % global GoogleGropus idjit kills

    (Tweak for your client.)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2005
  9. trout wrote:
    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    >

    >>trout composed the following;:

    >>>1. Free storage. 2 GB+ per Gmail account. Bulky stuff I don't use
    >>>often, back-ups, music, etc. Just mail 'em to yourself.
    >>>2. Throwaway. Good address for online forms and registrations; and
    >>>(so far), don't receive anything near the auto-spam that accounts
    >>>like Hotmail have.
    >>> Then there's the free POP access, and/or forwarding...

    >>Yeah, apart from all that, what has google done for you?

    > They ran five miles to tell me there was a fire at the old mill,
    > rescued a little girl from a well, and baked me a batch of home-made
    > cookies.

    Damn that Timmy! I *told* him that other kids were going to follow in
    his footsteps!

    Sentient Fluid, Apr 5, 2005
  10. trout wrote:
    > Paul - xxx wrote:

    >> trout composed the following;:

    >>> 1. Free storage. 2 GB+ per Gmail account. Bulky stuff I don't use
    >>> often, back-ups, music, etc. Just mail 'em to yourself.
    >>> 2. Throwaway. Good address for online forms and registrations; and
    >>> (so far), don't receive anything near the auto-spam that accounts
    >>> like Hotmail have.
    >>> Then there's the free POP access, and/or forwarding...

    >> Yeah, apart from all that, what has google done for you?

    > They ran five miles to tell me there was a fire at the old mill,
    > rescued a little girl from a well, and baked me a batch of home-made
    > cookies.

    That wasn't Google; that was Lassie.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2005
  11. elaich

    elaich Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > Score:: =-9999 % global GoogleGropus idjit kills

    Looks like it'll work just fine in Xnews.

    elaich, Apr 5, 2005
  12. elaich

    trout Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > trout wrote:

    >> They ran five miles to tell me there was a fire at the old mill,
    >> rescued a little girl from a well, and baked me a batch of home-made
    >> cookies.

    > That wasn't Google; that was Lassie.

    In that case, I'm *really* impressed by the baking.
    --
    And it does explain all that hair.....

    trout, Apr 5, 2005
  13. elaich wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> Score:: =-9999 % global GoogleGropus idjit kills

    > Looks like it'll work just fine in Xnews.

    I'd say yeah. That's slrn. Okay in pan, too. If anything breaks it
    would be the inline comment. Kill the "%" and beyond on that line, if
    so.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2005
  14. elaich

    jda^fx Guest

    On 5 Apr 2005 17:45:35 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > elaich wrote:
    >
    >> We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up enmasse. Are
    >> these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest bunch yet.

    > Not necessarily does a Gmail From header mean a GoogleGroups poster;
    > I've seen plenty of Real News Client posters that fly a Gmail address,
    > so I'm not killing based on From containing string Gmail.
    >
    > That said, see my sig, and:
    >
    > %BOS
    > [*]
    > Score:: =-9999 % global GoogleGropus idjit kills
    >
    > (Tweak for your client.)

    Or if you use 40tude Dialog the easy one:
    !delete Header ""
    If you don't wan't to see them why downscore them? It's easyer to just
    delete them.
    --
    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Apr 6, 2005
  15. jda^fx wrote:
    > On 5 Apr 2005 17:45:35 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> elaich wrote:

    >>> We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up enmasse. Are
    >>> these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest bunch yet.

    >> Not necessarily does a Gmail From header mean a GoogleGroups poster;
    >> I've seen plenty of Real News Client posters that fly a Gmail address,
    >> so I'm not killing based on From containing string Gmail.

    >> That said, see my sig, and:

    >> %BOS
    >> [*]
    >> Score:: =-9999 % global GoogleGropus idjit kills

    >> (Tweak for your client.)

    > Or if you use 40tude Dialog the easy one:
    > !delete Header ""
    > If you don't wan't to see them why downscore them? It's easyer to just
    > delete them.

    Because that's how those clients work. As -9999 headers, they're *not*
    seen.

    If someone confirms that that line works in 40tude, I'll add it to my
    list of filters at blinkynet.

    --
    http://blinkynet.net/comp/ggfilters.html for rules

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 6, 2005
  16. elaich

    Billh Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up enmasse. Are
    > these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest bunch yet.

    The reason why the Google Groupers are on the rise is when AOL killed
    their news server they told the AOLers they can use Google to read news
    groups.

    Billh, Apr 6, 2005
  17. Billh wrote:

    > elaich wrote:

    >> We just got rid of AOL, and now these idiots start showing up enmasse. Are
    >> these Google Groupers? They appear to be the dumbest bunch yet.

    > The reason why the Google Groupers are on the rise is when AOL killed
    > their news server they told the AOLers they can use Google to read news
    > groups.

    Instead of even recommending OE, however bad *that* is. AOL gets in
    another nose-thumb at the Net, even as it disengages a bit from it.

    Assholes.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 6, 2005
  18. elaich

    jda^fx Guest

    On 5 Apr 2005 23:04:41 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > jda^fx wrote:

    >>> Not necessarily does a Gmail From header mean a GoogleGroups poster;
    >>> I've seen plenty of Real News Client posters that fly a Gmail address,
    >>> so I'm not killing based on From containing string Gmail.

    >>> That said, see my sig, and:

    >>> %BOS
    >>> [*]
    >>> Score:: =-9999 % global GoogleGropus idjit kills

    >>> (Tweak for your client.)

    >> Or if you use 40tude Dialog the easy one:
    >> !delete Header ""
    >> If you don't wan't to see them why downscore them? It's easyer to just
    >> delete them.

    > Because that's how those clients work. As -9999 headers, they're *not*
    > seen.
    >
    > If someone confirms that that line works in 40tude, I'll add it to my
    > list of filters at blinkynet.

    It's working. I don't have any bandwidth issues. So I just pull both
    headers and bodies in text groups. And that way I can use the Header tag in
    40tude Dialog wich can score on anything that qualifyes as a string in the
    headers. And with the !Delete action off they go
    --
    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Apr 9, 2005
  19. jda^fx wrote:
    > On 5 Apr 2005 23:04:41 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> jda^fx wrote:

    >>> Or if you use 40tude Dialog the easy one:
    >>> !delete Header ""
    >>> If you don't wan't to see them why downscore them? It's easyer to just
    >>> delete them.

    >> Because that's how those clients work. As -9999 headers, they're *not*
    >> seen.

    >> If someone confirms that that line works in 40tude, I'll add it to my
    >> list of filters at blinkynet.

    > It's working. I don't have any bandwidth issues. So I just pull both

    Thanks...I was thinking, last night, that there wasn't going to be any
    confirmation on it.

    > headers and bodies in text groups. And that way I can use the Header tag in
    > 40tude Dialog wich can score on anything that qualifyes as a string in the
    > headers. And with the !Delete action off they go

    So you download the whole Google post(s), and then delete them?
    Because that's an expensive header you have to do it that way?

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 9, 2005
  20. I believe that it was on Sat, 09 Apr 2005 16:14:41 +0000, that Blinky the
    Shark wrote:

    > jda^fx wrote:

    I'm using Leafnode & killing on:-
    # [google-groups & gmail posters section]
    ^Organization:.*http://groups.google.com

    It seems to clear a lot of crap out.
    But I'm also killing on:-
    ^Organization:.*
    ^Reply-To:.*@gmail.com
    As there do seem to be a lot of trolls using it.

    >>> Because that's how those clients work. As -9999 headers, they're *not*
    >>> seen.

    >>> If someone confirms that that line works in 40tude, I'll add it to my
    >>> list of filters at blinkynet.

    >> It's working. I don't have any bandwidth issues. So I just pull both

    > Thanks...I was thinking, last night, that there wasn't going to be any
    > confirmation on it.
    >
    >> headers and bodies in text groups. And that way I can use the Header tag in
    >> 40tude Dialog wich can score on anything that qualifyes as a string in the
    >> headers. And with the !Delete action off they go

    > So you download the whole Google post(s), and then delete them?
    > Because that's an expensive header you have to do it that way?

    Sounds like it. Leafnode doesn't even fetch them from the server. :)

    Perce P. Cassidy, Apr 9, 2005