    Stickems. Guest

    When I show Spam and Bin in my system labels they reset to hide. Anyone know
    how I can keep them not hidden?

    Stickems., Jun 25, 2010

  2. Stickems.

    Mike Easter Guest

    Stickems. wrote:
    > When I show Spam and Bin in my system labels they reset to hide. Anyone know
    > how I can keep them not hidden?

    The Spam label is a gmail system label - so I recommend against your
    trying to use that name for your own label.

    System labels such as Spam as well as your own labels such as Bin can be
    configured to Show or Hide in the Settings under the Labels section.

    I'm curious about why you would need to have such frequent access to the
    Spam category as to want to 'unhide' its label.

    When I want to access my gmail spam folder, I simply click the arrow
    beside x more to display all of the hidden labels to expose the Spam
    label for access, but I don't need to do that very often because -1- I
    don't read my spam and I don't recommend that you read your spam or
    financially support your spam in any other way and -2- if some of your
    goodmail is getting into your spam, I recommend that you configure to
    prevent that using Not spam function.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 25, 2010

  3. Stickems.

    Stickems. Guest

    I'm not using Spam as my own label.

    Stickems., Jun 25, 2010
  4. Stickems.

    Mike Easter Guest

    Stickems. wrote:
    > I'm not using Spam as my own label.

    Please do not top post.

    Trim for context, then place your remark just under an empty line under
    the trimmed words.

    Your message replying to me should look like this:

    <example>
    Mike Easter wrote:
    > The Spam label is a gmail system label - so I recommend against your
    > trying to use that name for your own label.

    I'm not using Spam as my own label.
    </example>

    The other disadvantage to your top posting style is that it is not
    responsive to the rest of the important issues which were covered, such
    as whether or not you were able to show the labels as you wished by
    changing the settings for labels.

    Here is a more illustrative example of accepted posting style
    http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml - # Q1: What is "quoting" in
    newsgroup postings? # Q2: How should I use the quoted text and arrange
    it with my own text?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 25, 2010