    Does anyone know of an application that I can use to download the entire
    contents of my Gmail box, intact, for archiving on CD?

    Thanks.
    rabbit, Oct 26, 2004

  2. rabbit wrote:

    > Does anyone know of an application that I can use to download the entire
    > contents of my Gmail box, intact, for archiving on CD?

    I don't think Gmail wants you to have that. At least not now. Maybe
    later, for a price.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 26, 2004

  3. rabbit

    rabbit Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > rabbit wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know of an application that I can use to download the
    >> entire contents of my Gmail box, intact, for archiving on CD?

    > I don't think Gmail wants you to have that. At least not now. Maybe
    > later, for a price.

    Uh huh. Maybe a third-party program? I believe I've seen them for Hotmail.
    rabbit, Oct 26, 2004
  4. rabbit

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Tedious and time consuming, but forward them, a few at a time, to your pop3
    addy that you can open and read in OE, then you can save them.

    PuppyKatt, Oct 26, 2004
  5. rabbit

    rabbit Guest

    "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in

    > Tedious and time consuming, but forward them, a few at a time, to your
    > pop3 addy that you can open and read in OE, then you can save them.

    That would work, but not only would it be tedious, but also the threading
    and would be lost.

    What I'm hoping for is something along the lines of Acrobat 6's ability to
    download an entire website and convert it to a pdf. Unfortunately, that
    application shows itself as an "incompatible browser", similar to Opera I
    suppose, when it tries to open Gmail like a website (even when logged in by
    cookie).

    Thanks.
    rabbit, Oct 26, 2004