    with dial-up access to my otherwise normally DSL account.

    Thanks foryour help.

    , Feb 17, 2006

  2. Trax Guest

    wrote:

    |>For the last two days my Gmail account has not worked. Is the system
    |>down?
    |>
    |>Sometimes I get in the upper left: Loading... But that's the end of
    |>it.

    Works for me, even found a thank you for some advice I posted today
    :))

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/88du4

    Trax, Feb 17, 2006

  3. Thaqalain Guest

    Gmail working very well.Do u have other mail accounts with
    hotmail/yahoo/sympatico etc.Are they working,any problem.Write down
    briefly about your system?

    Thaqalain, Feb 17, 2006
  4. Guest

    The webmail to my email accounts at my hosting company work fine.

    I block Flash, animations, and popups.

    , Feb 17, 2006
  5. Senti Guest

    wrote:
    > For the last two days my Gmail account has not worked. Is the system
    > down?
    >
    > Sometimes I get in the upper left: Loading... But that's the end of
    > it.
    >
    > On my end the only difference is that I've been trying to access Gmail
    > with dial-up access to my otherwise normally DSL account.
    >
    > Thanks foryour help.

    Keep in mind Dial-up can be quite a bit slower than DSL... How long have
    you waited for it?

    It happened to me a couple of times. Each time I just cleared my
    browser cache.

    The other option is to use Gmail as a POP3 account and access it through
    an email client like Thunderbird (or, heaven forbid, Outlook Express).

    Here are instructions for:

    How to Enable POP3 in Gmail -
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273

    Setting up Gmail with Thunderbird 0.x -
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13285
    (You can also use it as a guide for Thunderbird 1.0+, though some
    screenshots may appear different)

    Setting up Gmail with Outlook Express (Windows) -
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276

    Configure other email clients -
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12103

    Senti, Feb 18, 2006
  6. Guest

    Yes I know dial-up is slower.

    Clearing IE's cache seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your
    help!

    , Feb 18, 2006