    I have some to give away.

    Nelly.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)
    Nelly, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Nelly

    Nelly Guest

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:11:00 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Nelly wrote:
    >> I have some to give away.

    >so do I... but it appears that everyone here that wants one has one.
    >4 left for me.

    I gave my kids accounts so now we have a few available.

    Nelly, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Nelly

    Kookaburra Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > Nelly wrote:
    >> I have some to give away.

    > so do I... but it appears that everyone here that wants one has one.
    > 4 left for me.

    I've got some too
    Kookaburra, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Nelly

    Mr Bond Guest

    I'm thinking this is a bandwagon I should get on. brj_nz at yahoo.com
    if you feel inclined to share :)
    Mr Bond, Nov 4, 2004
  6. Nelly

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Nelly wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:11:00 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Nelly wrote:
    >>> I have some to give away.

    >> so do I... but it appears that everyone here that wants one has one.
    >> 4 left for me.

    > I gave my kids accounts so now we have a few available.

    I have two gmail accounts. When I had one I simply made a shortcut from my
    favourites and put it on my desktop. That worked well. I tried it with the
    second one, re-named it. However either shortcut just logs back into the
    last account checked. Annoying, it would have been nice and simple to have a
    desktop shortcut for each.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 4, 2004
  7. Mr Bond wrote:
    >>>I have some to give away.

    >>so do I... but it appears that everyone here that wants one has one.
    >>4 left for me.

    > I'm thinking this is a bandwagon I should get on. brj_nz at yahoo.com
    > if you feel inclined to share :)

    email me if you still need one, just this the email addy here.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 5, 2004
  8. On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:13:28 +1300, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > I have two gmail accounts. When I had one I simply made a shortcut from my
    > favourites and put it on my desktop. That worked well. I tried it with the
    > second one, re-named it. However either shortcut just logs back into the
    > last account checked. Annoying, it would have been nice and simple to have a
    > desktop shortcut for each.

    You will probably have to use 2 different browsers to do that, due to the
    way cookies work. One account in Firefox, one in Opera for example.
    Easy enough to have.

    Cheers, Liam

    Liam Greenwood, Nov 5, 2004
  9. Nelly

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Liam Greenwood said the following on 6/11/2004 05:22:
    > On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:13:28 +1300, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have two gmail accounts. When I had one I simply made a shortcut from my
    >>favourites and put it on my desktop. That worked well. I tried it with the
    >>second one, re-named it. However either shortcut just logs back into the
    >>last account checked. Annoying, it would have been nice and simple to have a
    >>desktop shortcut for each.

    > You will probably have to use 2 different browsers to do that, due to the
    > way cookies work. One account in Firefox, one in Opera for example.
    > Easy enough to have.

    Nope just tell it not to remember you in the login screen, though of
    course you will have to enter the user name and password for each
    account each time as I do now (Firefox)

    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    A lie can travel halfway around the world
    while the truth is putting on its shoes.-Mark Twain
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
    can always depend upon the support of Paul."...George Bernard Shaw
    Collector_NZ, Nov 5, 2004
  10. Nelly

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > Liam Greenwood said the following on 6/11/2004 05:22:
    >> On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:13:28 +1300, ~misfit~ <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have two gmail accounts. When I had one I simply made a shortcut
    >>> from my favourites and put it on my desktop. That worked well. I
    >>> tried it with the second one, re-named it. However either shortcut
    >>> just logs back into the last account checked. Annoying, it would
    >>> have been nice and simple to have a desktop shortcut for each.

    >> You will probably have to use 2 different browsers to do that, due
    >> to the way cookies work. One account in Firefox, one in Opera for
    >> example.
    >> Easy enough to have.

    > Nope just tell it not to remember you in the login screen, though of
    > course you will have to enter the user name and password for each
    > account each time as I do now (Firefox)

    Oh, I can do that. I just like the auto log-in feature (and two-week limit).
    It made Gmail as easy to check as a pop3 account when I had one and a
    desktop shortcut. That's where I found it great and the reason I don't
    usually use web-based email, it's too much of a PITA to check regularly.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 6, 2004
  11. Nelly

    G. Force Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Oh, I can do that. I just like the auto log-in feature (and two-week limit).
    > It made Gmail as easy to check as a pop3 account when I had one and a
    > desktop shortcut. That's where I found it great and the reason I don't
    > usually use web-based email, it's too much of a PITA to check regularly.

    Use Firefox and let the Gmail Notifier extension do it for you.
    G. Force, Nov 7, 2004
  12. Nelly

    ~misfit~ Guest

    G. Force wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Oh, I can do that. I just like the auto log-in feature (and two-week
    >> limit). It made Gmail as easy to check as a pop3 account when I had
    >> one and a desktop shortcut. That's where I found it great and the
    >> reason I don't usually use web-based email, it's too much of a PITA
    >> to check regularly.

    > Use Firefox and let the Gmail Notifier extension do it for you.

    But... That's not Microsoft. <g>.

    Any chance of a URL? I have Mozilla installed and used it as my default
    browser for a while but I had trouble with it and a few (obviously
    badly-designed) sites I visit so have made IE my default again.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 8, 2004
  13. Nelly

    G. Force Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > G. Force wrote:
    >
    >>~misfit~ wrote:
    >>

    >>>Oh, I can do that. I just like the auto log-in feature (and two-week
    >>>limit). It made Gmail as easy to check as a pop3 account when I had
    >>>one and a desktop shortcut. That's where I found it great and the
    >>>reason I don't usually use web-based email, it's too much of a PITA
    >>>to check regularly.

    >>Use Firefox and let the Gmail Notifier extension do it for you.

    > But... That's not Microsoft. <g>.
    >
    > Any chance of a URL? I have Mozilla installed and used it as my default
    > browser for a while but I had trouble with it and a few (obviously
    > badly-designed) sites I visit so have made IE my default again.

    Firefox here
    http://www.mozilla.org/

    Gmail Notifier here
    https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?pageid=3
    G. Force, Nov 8, 2004
  14. Nelly

    ~misfit~ Guest

    G. Force wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> G. Force wrote:

    >>> Use Firefox and let the Gmail Notifier extension do it for you.

    >> But... That's not Microsoft. <g>.
    >>
    >> Any chance of a URL? I have Mozilla installed and used it as my
    >> default browser for a while but I had trouble with it and a few
    >> (obviously badly-designed) sites I visit so have made IE my default
    >> again.

    > Firefox here
    > http://www.mozilla.org/
    >
    > Gmail Notifier here