    out first come first serve.

    Cheers,
    JohnO
    JohnO, Oct 14, 2004

  2. JohnO

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:30:00 +1300, JohnO wrote:

    > Apparently I have 6 invites to dole out. Post your obfuscated email addy
    > here or email them to my hotmail address "krypton_john" and I'll send 'em
    > out first come first serve.

    Look, why should anyone go Gmail via an invite?
    Gordon, Oct 14, 2004

  3. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > Apparently I have 6 invites to dole out. Post your obfuscated email addy
    > here or email them to my hotmail address "krypton_john" and I'll send 'em
    > out first come first serve.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > JohnO

    3 left...
    JohnO, Oct 14, 2004
  4. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > JohnO wrote:
    > > "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > >> Apparently I have 6 invites to dole out. Post your obfuscated email
    > >> addy here or email them to my hotmail address "krypton_john" and
    > >> I'll send 'em out first come first serve.
    > >>
    > >> Cheers,
    > >> JohnO
    > >>

    > > 3 left...

    > Can you send me one back if you still have it please JohnO?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    No worries!

    :)
    JohnO, Oct 14, 2004
  5. JohnO

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Oct 14, 2004
  6. JohnO

    Adam_R Guest

    pick me :)

    Adam_R, Oct 14, 2004
  7. JohnO

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:57:09 +1300, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:30:00 +1300, JohnO wrote:
    >
    >> Apparently I have 6 invites to dole out. Post your obfuscated email addy
    >> here or email them to my hotmail address "krypton_john" and I'll send 'em
    >> out first come first serve.

    >Look, why should anyone go Gmail via an invite?

    'tis the only way to actually _get_ an account at the moment.
    Invisible, Oct 14, 2004
  8. JohnO

    thing Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > Apparently I have 6 invites to dole out. Post your obfuscated email addy
    > here or email them to my hotmail address "krypton_john" and I'll send 'em
    > out first come first serve.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > JohnO

    If one is left......

    ms"at"thing.dyndns.org.blah

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Oct 14, 2004
  9. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > Apparently I have 6 invites to dole out. Post your obfuscated email addy
    > here or email them to my hotmail address "krypton_john" and I'll send 'em
    > out first come first serve.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > JohnO

    Sorry folks, they're all gone!
    JohnO, Oct 14, 2004
  10. Gordon wrote:
    >>Apparently I have 6 invites to dole out. Post your obfuscated email addy
    >>here or email them to my hotmail address "krypton_john" and I'll send 'em
    >>out first come first serve.

    > Look, why should anyone go Gmail via an invite?

    1GB of space, nice quick interface, good threading and good spam
    filtering... why not?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 14, 2004
  11. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Gordon wrote:
    >>>Apparently I have 6 invites to dole out. Post your obfuscated email addy
    >>>here or email them to my hotmail address "krypton_john" and I'll send 'em
    >>>out first come first serve.

    >> Look, why should anyone go Gmail via an invite?

    > 1GB of space, nice quick interface, good threading and good spam
    > filtering... why not?

    Plus, you cannot get an account *without* an invite.
    JohnO, Oct 14, 2004
  12. JohnO

    Blister Pak Guest

    JohnO said the following on 14/10/2004 22:40:
    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    > message news:...

    >>>Look, why should anyone go Gmail via an invite?

    >>1GB of space, nice quick interface, good threading and good spam
    >>filtering... why not?

    > Plus, you cannot get an account *without* an invite.

    Yes but an invite is not even so special anymore even Harry is giving
    them away.

    Blister Pak, Oct 14, 2004
  13. JohnO

    richard Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > 1GB of space, nice quick interface, good threading and good spam
    > filtering... why not?

    I dont consider there threading good at all, It seems to work only on subject,
    not by the headers.
    richard, Oct 14, 2004
  14. JohnO

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:45:55 +1300, Blister Pak
    <> provided this moment of wisdom:

    >JohnO said the following on 14/10/2004 22:40:
    >> "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    >> message news:...

    >>>1GB of space, nice quick interface, good threading and good spam
    >>>filtering... why not?

    >> Plus, you cannot get an account *without* an invite.
    >>

    >Yes but an invite is not even so special anymore even Harry is giving
    >them away.

    LOL, too true.

    It's like spending a shit load of money on a new Ferarri - only to see
    the local village idiot driving the same model.

    /Begin Sig
    Welcome to RJ's house of idiots
    #1. Redbaiter - the puppet - dances when I say so
    #2. Harry the troll - monkey see, monkey do
    #3. Mr Scebe - 007, licenced to bore
    #4. <Position vacant>
    /End Sig
    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 14, 2004
  15. JohnO

    Collector_NZ Guest

    richard said the following on 14/10/2004 22:46:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> 1GB of space, nice quick interface, good threading and good spam
    >> filtering... why not?

    > I dont consider there threading good at all, It seems to work only on
    > subject, not by the headers.

    Mine sort by sender not by subject. I assume when you say header you
    mean sender?
    Collector_NZ, Oct 14, 2004
  16. JohnO wrote:

    >>>Look, why should anyone go Gmail via an invite?

    >>1GB of space, nice quick interface, good threading and good spam
    >>filtering... why not?

    > Plus, you cannot get an account *without* an invite.

    heh, yeah, that too.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 14, 2004
  17. JohnO

    Blister Pak Guest

    Ryan_Jacobs said the following on 14/10/2004 22:50:
    > On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:45:55 +1300, Blister Pak
    > <> provided this moment of wisdom:
    >

    >>>Plus, you cannot get an account *without* an invite.
    >>>

    >>Yes but an invite is not even so special anymore even Harry is giving
    >>them away.
    >>

    > LOL, too true.
    >
    > It's like spending a shit load of money on a new Ferarri - only to see
    > the local village idiot driving the same model.

    I suspect he may be attempting to curry favour, you know gain some
    allies, in what appears to be a little slugging match he is inviting
    himself into :-!

    Blister Pak, Oct 14, 2004
  18. richard wrote:
    >> 1GB of space, nice quick interface, good threading and good spam
    >> filtering... why not?

    > I dont consider there threading good at all, It seems to work only on
    > subject, not by the headers.

    yeah, theres a few things that I'd like to turn off... threading for one.
    I keep in contact with people I know enough that I dont need it in
    threads... same with NG's, I dont really like it.

    the others I mentioned are good though.

    there does seem to be a fair bit of a delay getting emails from them
    though, as in gmail to another host.

    tried quite a few all with different areas, and all took over 20 mins,
    which if you realise theres going to be a delay is fine, but if you were
    some clueless n00b who still thinks that all email is instant, then you
    wont like it much.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 14, 2004
  19. JohnO

    ~misfit~ Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> JohnO wrote:
    >>> "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    >>> 3 left...

    >> Can you send me one back if you still have it please JohnO?
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > No worries!
    >
    > :)

    Cheers. Sadly I can't have two shortcuts to two different Gmail accounts on
    my desktop as I planned. (One for keeps, one for 'return to', spam-trap
    etc.). With the one account I had I just had a shortcut to the 'favorite' on
    my desktop, double-clicked it, and was into my inbox. With two shortcuts it
    goes to the last mailbox opened. You think they'd have this sorted OK with
    cookies as if there were two users on this PC I'd think that this scenario
    would be common.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Oct 15, 2004