Gmail forwarding question

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Miguel, Jul 20, 2007.

  1. Miguel

    Miguel Guest

    Hi all....Is it possible to configure Gmail to forward an alert to
    another email address whenever Gmail receives an email. Not forward the
    entire email but just an alert. I've hunted around the gmail website for
    advice but to no avail.

    In other words:

    - I send an email to my brother's Gmail address

    - Gmail sends a "new message received" alert to my brother's work email

    - My brother logs into his work email, reads the alert from Gmail and
    then logs in to Gmail and reads the email I sent.

    I don't want Gmail to forward the email, just to send an alert.

    My brother can't set up "Gmail Notifier" (or similar) software on his
    work computer.

    I know it would be easier to simply send my email direct to his work
    computer but that's a security non-starter.

    Any thoughts appreciated.

    Regards
    Miguel
    Miguel, Jul 20, 2007

  2. Miguel wrote:
    > Hi all....Is it possible to configure Gmail to forward an alert to
    > another email address whenever Gmail receives an email. Not forward the
    > entire email but just an alert. I've hunted around the gmail website for
    > advice but to no avail.
    >
    > In other words:
    >
    > - I send an email to my brother's Gmail address
    >
    > - Gmail sends a "new message received" alert to my brother's work email
    >
    > - My brother logs into his work email, reads the alert from Gmail and
    > then logs in to Gmail and reads the email I sent.
    >
    > I don't want Gmail to forward the email, just to send an alert.
    >
    > My brother can't set up "Gmail Notifier" (or similar) software on his
    > work computer.
    >
    > I know it would be easier to simply send my email direct to his work
    > computer but that's a security non-starter.
    >
    > Any thoughts appreciated.
    >
    > Regards
    > Miguel

    you could.. just email him at his work address

    Or get him to check gmail more often :)
    Andrew Lambert, Jul 20, 2007