Gmail available for offline in Thunderbird without opening each folder?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gwen Morse, Feb 6, 2008.

  1. Gwen Morse

    Gwen Morse Guest

    I'm using Thunderbird to read my gmail (version 2.0.0.9 (20071031)). I
    have TB set to download messages to my laptop and make them available
    for reading when I'm offline.

    However, TB only downloads the messages when I open each folder. So,
    if (for example), I open TB, "Get mail", close my connection, and
    then go to read mail later, the new mail doesn't show up in the
    folders.

    If I open TB, "Get mail", then click on each folder and wait for it
    tos show that it's updated, and THEN go offline, the messages are
    there.

    Is there a setting I can use that will download the messages to each
    folder _without_ clicking on/opening the folder first?

    I usually have an always-on connection, but, sometimes I travel to
    places with dialup and it would be nice to have gmail working as
    expected there (without having to use POP).

    Gwen

    Gwen Morse, Feb 6, 2008

  2. Gwen Morse

    Justin Guest

    Gwen Morse wrote on [Wed, 06 Feb 2008 05:29:44 -0500]:
    > I usually have an always-on connection, but, sometimes I travel to
    > places with dialup and it would be nice to have gmail working as
    > expected there (without having to use POP).

    Try right clicking on each folder, bring up properties and choose the
    "Check this folder for new messages" box.

    Justin, Feb 7, 2008

  3. Gwen Morse

    Gwen Morse Guest

    On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:40:36 -0600, Justin <>
    wrote:

    >Gwen Morse wrote on [Wed, 06 Feb 2008 05:29:44 -0500]:
    >> I usually have an always-on connection, but, sometimes I travel to
    >> places with dialup and it would be nice to have gmail working as
    >> expected there (without having to use POP).

    >Try right clicking on each folder, bring up properties and choose the
    >"Check this folder for new messages" box.

    Thank you. This seems to be exactly what I need (although I'll have to
    wait another day to see if it gets tomorrows mail without clicking on
    the folders).

    Gwen

    Gwen Morse, Feb 9, 2008