    ones that I send as well. Is there a setting in Gmail that can stop
    this when downloading as I only wish to get new emails from people that
    I have previously emailed. Not my own emails back again.

    Flintstone, Nov 20, 2006

  2. In message <ejtdoo$npo$>, Flintstone wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to stop Gmail from downloading conversations when
    > using a Pop3 client to retrieve email?
    >
    > Currently I am using Thunderbird to download emails, but it downloads
    > ones that I send as well.

    The assumption with POP3 is that every message being held on the server is
    one that was sent _to_ you. I assume there is some Gmail feature where it
    automatically includes you as a recipient in messages that you send,
    instead of holding sent messages in a separate "Sent Items" folder the way
    it's normally done. Perhaps there is something in the header that flags
    such messages in some identifiable way?

    Is Gmail accessible via IMAP?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Flintstone

    Flintstone Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <ejtdoo$npo$>, Flintstone wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how to stop Gmail from downloading conversations
    > > when using a Pop3 client to retrieve email?
    > >
    > > Currently I am using Thunderbird to download emails, but it
    > > downloads ones that I send as well.

    > The assumption with POP3 is that every message being held on the
    > server is one that was sent to you. I assume there is some Gmail
    > feature where it automatically includes you as a recipient in
    > messages that you send, instead of holding sent messages in a
    > separate "Sent Items" folder the way it's normally done. Perhaps
    > there is something in the header that flags such messages in some
    > identifiable way?
    >
    > Is Gmail accessible via IMAP?

    Not as of yet

    Flintstone, Nov 21, 2006
  4. Flintstone

    Richard Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Is Gmail accessible via IMAP?

    No, its not, which is one of the reasons I don't like it.

    Lack of folders is another.

    I find hotmail to be much better, and the http access is even faster
    then imap so thats another bonus.

    Richard, Nov 21, 2006