    remember where.

    Can anyone advise on how to do this please?

    Many thanks

    Joe Maldon, Jul 15, 2007

  2. Hi!

    You simply have to view the page using a proxy. That will change
    the IP address the website sees and therefore make it possible to
    get a real gmail address.

    I recommend using http://vtunnel.com. Enter the URL in the Box and
    there you are.

    bye

    Benjamin Sattler, Jul 15, 2007

  3. Joe Maldon

    Mike Easter Guest

    Joe Maldon wrote:
    > I remember reading somewhere that users of google mail in the UK can
    > still obtain a @gmail.com address instead of @googlemail.com but can't
    > remember where.

    There is a tiny sketchy mention of it in the wiki gmail article - which
    first par notes that gmail is googlemail in .de .at & .uk and the par/s
    on .de & .uk in the trademark dispute section mentions proxies.

    If you are going to hack something, you should hack it all by yourself,
    not ask for a public discussion of it.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 15, 2007
  4. Joe Maldon

    Joe Maldon Guest

    On 15 Jul, 17:55, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:
    > Joe Maldon wrote:
    > > I remember reading somewhere that users of google mail in the UK can
    > > still obtain a @gmail.com address instead of @googlemail.com but can't
    > > remember where.

    > There is a tiny sketchy mention of it in the wiki gmail article - which
    > first par notes that gmail is googlemail in .de .at & .uk and the par/s
    > on .de & .uk in the trademark dispute section mentions proxies.
    >
    > If you are going to hack something, you should hack it all by yourself,
    > not ask for a public discussion of it.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Yes good point Mike. Sorry.