    thx
    liolê

    , Aug 22, 2006

  2. joevan Guest

    On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, wrote:

    >hi,
    >
    >i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
    >i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
    >so that i can register one für me, too.
    >
    >thx
    >liolê

    Is that your correct email addy. You should mung it or risk getting
    spammed. I will try it. Check you email.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > >hi,
    > >
    > >i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
    > >i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
    > >so that i can register one für me, too.
    > >
    > >thx
    > >liolê

    > Is that your correct email addy. You should mung it or risk getting
    > spammed. I will try it. Check you email.
    > --
    > "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    > and for the same reason."

    hi,

    yes it is and your mail arrived, thank you.

    i see the risk, too. and i search for a way to create my profile or
    only add this newsgroup to my google acc. but to say the truth, i can
    not find it.

    liolê

    , Aug 22, 2006
  4. joevan Guest

    On 22 Aug 2006 09:38:04 -0700, wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >> On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >> >hi,
    >> >
    >> >i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
    >> >i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
    >> >so that i can register one für me, too.
    >> >
    >> >thx
    >> >liolê

    >> Is that your correct email addy. You should mung it or risk getting
    >> spammed. I will try it. Check you email.
    >> --
    >> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    >> and for the same reason."

    >hi,
    >
    >yes it is and your mail arrived, thank you.
    >
    >i see the risk, too. and i search for a way to create my profile or
    >only add this newsgroup to my google acc. but to say the truth, i can
    >not find it.
    >
    >liolê

    I am not sure what you are trying to say. Do you mean you can't add some
    numbers or something to your address so the bots can't pick up you addy or
    something else?
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 22, 2006
  5. joevan Guest

    On 22 Aug 2006 09:38:04 -0700, wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >> On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, wrote:

    >something like above

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    okay, then i try to explain it an other way ... perhaps it is helpful
    to say, that my english isn't the best ;)

    i want to add this group to "my groups" in my google acc but i can not
    find the button "join this group". and i want to, that only my nickname
    is shown when i post a message, but i can not find where to do this
    settings ...

    , Aug 22, 2006
  7. Margolotta Guest

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:38:04 +0100, wrote
    (in article <>):

    > joevan wrote:
    >> On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >>> hi,
    >>>
    >>> i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
    >>> i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
    >>> so that i can register one für me, too.
    >>>
    >>> thx
    >>> liolê

    >> Is that your correct email addy. You should mung it or risk getting
    >> spammed. I will try it. Check you email.
    >> --
    >> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    >> and for the same reason."

    > hi,
    >
    > yes it is and your mail arrived, thank you.
    >
    > i see the risk, too. and i search for a way to create my profile or
    > only add this newsgroup to my google acc. but to say the truth, i can
    > not find it.
    >
    > liolê

    DO NOT use Google Groups as a 'news-reader'. There are many (Blinky and Mara
    for two) who actively kill-file (block) all posts originating from Google
    Groups - it is in your own best interests to set up a news-server (if your
    ISP does not provide this service and an increasing number these days don't
    then you will have to take out a subscription to a 3rd-party NSP -
    Individual.net is one that is highly regarded here, I believe). Then set up
    that account in a proper news-reader (NOT Outhouse Excrement - use Agent or
    Dialog or XNews or even Thunderbird or Mozilla).

    You should have used a throwaway address when you set up your Google Groups
    account - you can't change it now (TTBOMK). And even if you only added this
    group, if you're using a valid address, it'll still end up on spammers lists,
    simple as that.

    Margolotta, Aug 22, 2006
  8. joevan Guest

    On 22 Aug 2006 09:58:09 -0700, wrote:

    >okay, then i try to explain it an other way ... perhaps it is helpful
    >to say, that my english isn't the best ;)
    >
    >i want to add this group to "my groups" in my google acc but i can not
    >find the button "join this group". and i want to, that only my nickname
    >is shown when i post a message, but i can not find where to do this
    >settings ...

    I don't think it works like that. You sent a message to this group. What
    else do you think you need to do. At least now the email thing is adjusted.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 22, 2006
  9. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-22, <> wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
    > i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
    > so that i can register one für me, too.
    >
    > thx
    > liolê

    Your ISP probably provides a proper news-server, so that you do not need
    to use the Google Groups interface to newsgroups. You can use a
    news-reader program on your own computer instead. Your ISP's web site
    should have details and instructions for their "newsgroups" or "usenet"
    service.

    You do not need a Gmail account to use Google Groups, or for anything
    else. There are good arguments for not using Gmail - see
    <http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/GmailLetter.htm> and
    <http://www.templetons.com/brad/gmail.html> for example. Other free web
    mail services are much less intrusive.

    --