    JohnO Guest

    Just noticed I have 50 invites now!

    Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?

    JohnO, Feb 4, 2005

  2. JohnO

    froggy Guest

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:28:12 +1300, JohnO wrote:

    > Just noticed I have 50 invites now!
    >
    > Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?

    how in the wild wild world of sports have you managed to accumulate 50
    invites

    --
    "I'm all for computer dating, but I wouldn't want one to marry my
    sister."

    froggy, Feb 4, 2005

  3. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "froggy" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:28:12 +1300, JohnO wrote:
    >
    > > Just noticed I have 50 invites now!
    > >
    > > Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?

    > how in the wild wild world of sports have you managed to accumulate 50
    > invites
    >
    > --
    > "I'm all for computer dating, but I wouldn't want one to marry my
    > sister."

    Well, It used to pop up with 6 from time to time, but I just noticed 50 now.
    I guess they are opening the floodgates?

    Isn't anyone else getting this? Am I.... special?

    JohnO, Feb 4, 2005
  4. JohnO said the following on 4/02/2005 4:36 p.m.:

    > Isn't anyone else getting this? Am I.... special?

    Yes you are special, but in this context i think it has a meaning you
    wernt inferring :cool:

    I couldnt resist it.,..

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 4, 2005
  5. JohnO

    froggy Guest

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:41:22 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > JohnO said the following on 4/02/2005 4:36 p.m.:
    >

    >> Isn't anyone else getting this? Am I.... special?
    >>

    > Yes you are special, but in this context i think it has a meaning you
    > wernt inferring :cool:
    >
    > I couldnt resist it.,..

    in my credit.. i refrained from making that exact comment :p

    froggy, Feb 4, 2005
  6. JohnO

    Simon Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > Just noticed I have 50 invites now!
    >
    > Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?

    I also have 50 invites available. Those people who want one but haven't
    got one yet can send me an email at:
    s dot drain at gmail dot com

    Simon

    Simon, Feb 4, 2005
  7. JohnO

    XPD Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    > "froggy" <> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:28:12 +1300, JohnO wrote:
    > >
    > > > Just noticed I have 50 invites now!
    > > >
    > > > Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?

    > > how in the wild wild world of sports have you managed to accumulate 50
    > > invites
    > >
    > > --
    > > "I'm all for computer dating, but I wouldn't want one to marry my
    > > sister."
    > >

    > Well, It used to pop up with 6 from time to time, but I just noticed 50

    now.
    > I guess they are opening the floodgates?
    >
    > Isn't anyone else getting this? Am I.... special?

    One of mine has just given me 10 extras.... other account tho still sitting
    at 6

    If anyone would like one, drop me a line - spam at xpd dot co dot nz

    XPD, Feb 4, 2005
  8. JohnO wrote:
    > Just noticed I have 50 invites now!

    could you send one to *NOT*pfreet*NOT*@*NOT*charter.*NOT*net

    I said I'd pass one along, but I seem to have run out again.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 4, 2005
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > JohnO wrote:
    >
    >> Just noticed I have 50 invites now!

    > could you send one to *NOT*pfreet*NOT*@*NOT*charter.*NOT*net
    >
    > I said I'd pass one along, but I seem to have run out again.

    oh yeah, remove the *NOT*s from the address :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 4, 2005
  10. JohnO

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > Just noticed I have 50 invites now!
    >
    > Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?

    I just went to have a look and found I had 50 as well ... perhaps they
    think we all have large extended families over here ?

    Chris Mayhew, Feb 4, 2005
  11. "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > Just noticed I have 50 invites now!
    >
    > Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?

    Yep, I had 50 to give away too. Took a few minutes to flick them all off to
    (ctrl-v, enter, ctrl-v, enter ...) Now I'll soon be
    inundated with 50 strangers in my gmail address book.

    Jules Winnfield, Feb 4, 2005
  12. "Jules Winnfield" <> wrote in message

    > "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    >> Just noticed I have 50 invites now!
    >>
    >> Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?
    >>

    > Yep, I had 50 to give away too. Took a few minutes to flick them all off
    > to (ctrl-v, enter, ctrl-v, enter ...) Now I'll soon be
    > inundated with 50 strangers in my gmail address book.

    Just checked the gmail invite spooler, it now has 30,837 invites to share. I
    guess they're no longer as scarce as they used to be.

    Jules Winnfield, Feb 4, 2005
  13. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> JohnO wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just noticed I have 50 invites now!

    >> could you send one to *NOT*pfreet*NOT*@*NOT*charter.*NOT*net
    >>
    >> I said I'd pass one along, but I seem to have run out again.

    > oh yeah, remove the *NOT*s from the address :)

    Done. If anyone else wants one post here.

    JohnO, Feb 4, 2005
  14. > Well, It used to pop up with 6 from time to time, but I just noticed 50 now.
    > I guess they are opening the floodgates?
    >
    > Isn't anyone else getting this? Am I.... special?

    must. resist. urge. to. respond. to. special. person.

    :)

    But yes, 50 invites left. Me too. And I'm not special.

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Feb 4, 2005
  15. JohnO

    Nelly Guest

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:37:04 +1300, "-=[Waylon Smithers]=-"
    <lifestyles_choice@springfield_nuclear_plant.com> wrote:

    >> Well, It used to pop up with 6 from time to time, but I just noticed 50 now.
    >> I guess they are opening the floodgates?
    >>
    >> Isn't anyone else getting this? Am I.... special?

    >must. resist. urge. to. respond. to. special. person.
    >
    >:)
    >
    >But yes, 50 invites left. Me too. And I'm not special.

    No I think your all just common and I'm special. I seem to be the only
    one here who hasn't been allocated 50 invites.

    Nelly.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)

    Nelly, Feb 4, 2005
  16. Nelly said the following on 4/02/2005 11:08 p.m.:
    > On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:37:04 +1300, "-=[Waylon Smithers]=-"
    > <lifestyles_choice@springfield_nuclear_plant.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>Well, It used to pop up with 6 from time to time, but I just noticed 50 now.
    >>>I guess they are opening the floodgates?
    >>>
    >>>Isn't anyone else getting this? Am I.... special?

    >>must. resist. urge. to. respond. to. special. person.
    >>
    >>:)
    >>
    >>But yes, 50 invites left. Me too. And I'm not special.

    > No I think your all just common and I'm special. I seem to be the only
    > one here who hasn't been allocated 50 invites.
    >

    > Nelly.
    > If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)

    Sorry to rain on your parade, but my two accounts havnt been allocated
    more than 6 each. I think it depands on the volume of mail you have
    through the account perhaps?

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 4, 2005
  17. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Nelly said the following on 4/02/2005 11:08 p.m.:

    >>>must. resist. urge. to. respond. to. special. person.
    >>>
    >>>:)
    >>>
    >>>But yes, 50 invites left. Me too. And I'm not special.

    >> No I think your all just common and I'm special. I seem to be the only
    >> one here who hasn't been allocated 50 invites.
    >>

    >> Nelly.
    >> If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)

    > Sorry to rain on your parade, but my two accounts havnt been allocated
    > more than 6 each. I think it depands on the volume of mail you have
    > through the account perhaps?

    Nah, I don't use my gmail a/c very often.

    JohnO, Feb 4, 2005
  18. JohnO

    GJ Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    >
    >> Just noticed I have 50 invites now!
    >>
    >> Why don't they just open it up for ppl to get themselves an a/c now?
    >>

    > I also have 50 invites available. Those people who want one but haven't
    > got one yet can send me an email at:
    > s dot drain at gmail dot com
    >
    > Simon

    Thanks Simon, GMail setup and rolling

    GJ

    GJ, Feb 5, 2005
  19. JohnO

    Simon Guest

    Hi

    > Thanks Simon, GMail setup and rolling

    No worries. I still have some invitations left if anyone wants one.

    Simon

    Simon, Feb 5, 2005
  20. JohnO

    Worm Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > Just noticed I have 50 invites now!

    Same here. And I hardly use my gmail addy...

    Worm

    Worm, Feb 5, 2005