Gmail 2gb accounts ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XPD, May 10, 2005.

  1. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail increase to
    2GB for mailboxes ??

    You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    XPD, May 10, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. XPD

    JedMeister Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail increase
    > to
    > 2GB for mailboxes ??
    >
    > You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    >
    >


    Hasn't it always been 2? Google it.
    JedMeister, May 11, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. XPD

    JC Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail increase to
    > 2GB for mailboxes ??
    >
    > You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    >

    They offered 2gb on April 1st I believe.. incidentally, Yahoo last time
    I looked, now offers 1gb for mail.
    JC, May 11, 2005
    #3
  4. "JC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail

    increase to
    > > 2GB for mailboxes ??
    > >
    > > You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    > >

    > They offered 2gb on April 1st I believe.. incidentally, Yahoo last time
    > I looked, now offers 1gb for mail.
    >


    oh, were they serous then? i thought its was an April Fool's thing : )
    Baranggay Ginebra, May 11, 2005
    #4
  5. XPD

    JC Guest

    In article <>, says...
    >
    > "JC" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail

    > increase to
    > > > 2GB for mailboxes ??
    > > >
    > > > You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    > > >

    > > They offered 2gb on April 1st I believe.. incidentally, Yahoo last time
    > > I looked, now offers 1gb for mail.
    > >

    >
    > oh, were they serous then? i thought its was an April Fool's thing : )


    Yep, they were serious and its still climbing
    JC, May 11, 2005
    #5
  6. XPD

    phstpok Guest

    JC wrote:
    > In article <>, says...
    >
    >>"JC" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>
    >>>In article <>,
    >>> says...
    >>>
    >>>>Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail

    >>
    >>increase to
    >>
    >>>>2GB for mailboxes ??
    >>>>
    >>>> You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>They offered 2gb on April 1st I believe.. incidentally, Yahoo last time
    >>>I looked, now offers 1gb for mail.
    >>>

    >>
    >>oh, were they serous then? i thought its was an April Fool's thing : )

    >
    >
    > Yep, they were serious and its still climbing

    And my old hotmail address, which I've had for years before ms bought
    them out, still only gives 2mb, which fills with spam within 2 days.

    Every time I delete the spam, I click yes to report it, but of course
    nothing happens.

    As soon as Gmail opens to new users I'll be in.

    Rob
    phstpok, May 11, 2005
    #6
  7. XPD

    Shane Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:47:27 +1200, phstpok wrote:

    > JC wrote:
    >> In article <>, says...
    >>
    >>>"JC" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:...
    >>>
    >>>>In article <>,
    >>>> says...
    >>>>
    >>>>>Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail
    >>>
    >>>increase to
    >>>
    >>>>>2GB for mailboxes ??
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>They offered 2gb on April 1st I believe.. incidentally, Yahoo last time
    >>>>I looked, now offers 1gb for mail.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>oh, were they serous then? i thought its was an April Fool's thing : )

    >>
    >>
    >> Yep, they were serious and its still climbing

    > And my old hotmail address, which I've had for years before ms bought
    > them out, still only gives 2mb, which fills with spam within 2 days.
    >
    > Every time I delete the spam, I click yes to report it, but of course
    > nothing happens.
    >
    > As soon as Gmail opens to new users I'll be in.
    >
    > Rob


    rip over to
    http://isnoop.net/gmail/?PHPSESSID=4c59a7b43f8615d6caae2c12437c4256

    and get yourself an invite :)

    --
    Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked

    The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.
    Shane, May 11, 2005
    #7
  8. phstpok wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, says...
    >>
    >>> "JC" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...
    >>>
    >>>> In article <>,
    >>>> says...
    >>>>
    >>>>> Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> increase to
    >>>
    >>>>> 2GB for mailboxes ??
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> They offered 2gb on April 1st I believe.. incidentally, Yahoo last time
    >>>> I looked, now offers 1gb for mail.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> oh, were they serous then? i thought its was an April Fool's thing : )

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Yep, they were serious and its still climbing

    >
    > And my old hotmail address, which I've had for years before ms bought
    > them out, still only gives 2mb, which fills with spam within 2 days.
    >
    > Every time I delete the spam, I click yes to report it, but of course
    > nothing happens.
    >
    > As soon as Gmail opens to new users I'll be in.
    >
    > Rob

    Rob, I have a bunch of invites available if you want one. Decipher my
    email and send me you details, I will reply with an invite.

    W
    William Hamilton, May 11, 2005
    #8
  9. XPD

    phstpok Guest

    William Hamilton wrote:
    >
    > Rob, I have a bunch of invites available if you want one. Decipher my
    > email and send me you details, I will reply with an invite.
    >
    > W


    Cheers, but I followed Shane's link and I'm in. Woohoo.

    Once I've had a better look I'll be taking invites as well.

    Rob
    phstpok, May 11, 2005
    #9
  10. XPD

    akiwi Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:47:27 +1200, phstpok <> wrote:

    >>>>
    >>>>They offered 2gb on April 1st I believe.. incidentally, Yahoo last time
    >>>>I looked, now offers 1gb for mail.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>oh, were they serous then? i thought its was an April Fool's thing : )

    >>
    >>
    >> Yep, they were serious and its still climbing

    >And my old hotmail address, which I've had for years before ms bought
    >them out, still only gives 2mb, which fills with spam within 2 days.
    >
    >Every time I delete the spam, I click yes to report it, but of course
    >nothing happens.
    >
    >As soon as Gmail opens to new users I'll be in.
    >



    Plus gmail has pop3 access unlike free hotmail or free yahoo. Why
    would anyone use hotmail or yahoo any more?
    akiwi, May 11, 2005
    #10
  11. XPD

    PAM. Guest

    "akiwi" <> wrote in message

    > Plus gmail has pop3 access unlike free hotmail or free yahoo. Why
    > would anyone use hotmail or yahoo any more?


    Hotmail - Online shared calendar in the same place as ones contacts, tasks
    and todo list.

    Know of any other that has an online shared calendar?

    PAM.
    PAM., May 11, 2005
    #11
  12. XPD

    Shane Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:38:59 +1200, PAM. wrote:

    > "akiwi" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Plus gmail has pop3 access unlike free hotmail or free yahoo. Why
    >> would anyone use hotmail or yahoo any more?

    >
    > Hotmail - Online shared calendar in the same place as ones contacts, tasks
    > and todo list.
    >
    > Know of any other that has an online shared calendar?
    >
    > PAM.


    er.. whats an online shared calendar?

    --
    Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked

    The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.
    Shane, May 11, 2005
    #12
  13. XPD

    PAM. Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message

    > er.. whats an online shared calendar?


    I can share my calendar details (appointments...etc with whomever I want
    (who also has a hotmail address)

    Useful if you contract around NZ. Useful not only for ones partner who
    frequently forgets when she has to pick me up at the airport but also useful
    for companies who want to see when I'm available for contract work...not
    that I've got that far as yet

    PAM.
    PAM., May 11, 2005
    #13
  14. XPD

    Andrew Guest

    PAM. wrote:
    > "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    >
    >
    >>er.. whats an online shared calendar?

    >
    >
    > I can share my calendar details (appointments...etc with whomever I want
    > (who also has a hotmail address)
    >
    > Useful if you contract around NZ. Useful not only for ones partner who
    > frequently forgets when she has to pick me up at the airport but also useful
    > for companies who want to see when I'm available for contract work...not
    > that I've got that far as yet
    >
    > PAM.
    >
    >

    couldnt you like have a website for that?
    Andrew, May 11, 2005
    #14
  15. XPD

    PAM. Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message

    > couldnt you like have a website for that?


    I could. It's called hotmail.
    I'm not interested in developing a website with all that bumpf on it.
    I could use the icalendar.com (not sure if I got the name right) website but
    it's just a calendar
    I have checked out many online calendars (from emailaddresses.com) and
    although some are better than others, none are close to ideal. Hotmail is
    one of the closest and as I've had that for many many years (10), I'll keep
    it for now.
    Ideally I'd prefer a Psion 5(mx) calendar/todo list with integrated
    contacts and the ability to share.
    PAM., May 11, 2005
    #15
  16. XPD

    Jedmeister Guest

    "JC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail increase
    >> to
    >> 2GB for mailboxes ??
    >>
    >> You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    >>

    > They offered 2gb on April 1st I believe.. incidentally, Yahoo last time
    > I looked, now offers 1gb for mail.
    >


    Really!! I guess for me the difference between 1gig and 2 is negligible
    since I will never reach even 1gig.
    Jedmeister, May 11, 2005
    #16
  17. XPD

    JC Guest

    In article <o7fge.143$>,
    says...
    > "akiwi" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Plus gmail has pop3 access unlike free hotmail or free yahoo. Why
    > > would anyone use hotmail or yahoo any more?

    >
    > Hotmail - Online shared calendar in the same place as ones contacts, tasks
    > and todo list.
    >
    > Know of any other that has an online shared calendar?
    >
    > PAM.
    >
    >
    >

    Yahoo has a calendar which can be shared with the following options
    No one can view my calendar
    Friends can view my calendar;
    Special Friends can also modify my calendar.
    Anyone can view my calendar
    Anyone can view my calendar;
    Special Friends can also modify my calendar.

    Plus 1gb of space for email...
    JC, May 11, 2005
    #17
  18. akiwi wrote:
    > Plus gmail has pop3 access unlike free hotmail or free yahoo. Why
    > would anyone use hotmail or yahoo any more?


    Both Hotmail and Yahoo used to give free pop like service, later moving
    to charge for it.

    Gmail never said that it would be free forever.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 11, 2005
    #18
  19. PAM. wrote:
    >>er.. whats an online shared calendar?


    > I can share my calendar details (appointments...etc with whomever I want
    > (who also has a hotmail address)


    not just hotmail address, anyone with a "passport" I believe.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 11, 2005
    #19
  20. XPD

    Rob J Guest

    In article <yubge.55$> in nz.comp on Wed, 11 May
    2005 11:30:38 +1200, JedMeister <>
    says...
    > "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Maybe I missed someone elses post about this, but when did Gmail increase
    > > to
    > > 2GB for mailboxes ??
    > >
    > > You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 2180 MB.
    > >
    > >

    >
    > Hasn't it always been 2? Google it.


    It started at 1 but increased to 2 recently.
    Rob J, May 11, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    4
    Views:
    946
  2. Can't format my 2GB SD card to be 2GB

    , Aug 21, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    733
    Protoncek \(ex.SleeperMan\)
    Aug 21, 2006
  3. b

    RAM - 2gb becomes 4gb becomes 2gb

    b, Apr 27, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    752
    Jimchip
    Apr 28, 2006
  4. thing
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,045
    thing
    Dec 1, 2004
  5. inferang

    USB memory keys - 2GB hold 2GB

    inferang, Feb 3, 2014, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    163
Loading...

Share This Page