    film in original language with no subtitles)

    Thanks

    Jean
    mmmjean, May 3, 2004

  2. mmmjean

    Biz Guest

    "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I extracted from a DVD only hte 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
    > have the original DVD anymore.
    >
    > What free tool or licenced program can I use to:
    > - put these 4 VOB files together (and is it a good idea)?
    > - create a minimal DVD format (I don't need a menu, I just need the
    > film in original language with no subtitles)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jean

    Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you have no
    rights to have a copy of it....
    Biz, May 3, 2004

  3. mmmjean

    mmmjean Guest

    > Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you have no
    > rights to have a copy of it....

    Sure, dude, dream on...
    mmmjean, May 4, 2004
  4. mmmjean

    Richard C. Guest

    "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    : Hello,
    :
    : I extracted from a DVD only hte 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
    : have the original DVD anymore.
    :
    : What free tool or licenced program can I use to:
    : - put these 4 VOB files together (and is it a good idea)?
    : - create a minimal DVD format (I don't need a menu, I just need the
    : film in original language with no subtitles)
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    =====================
    You could BUY the DVD!
    This newsgroup is not about piracy!
    Richard C., May 4, 2004
  5. mmmjean

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    > > Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you have no
    > > rights to have a copy of it....

    > Sure, dude, dream on...

    You're not going to find much help here, since you openly admitted you were
    pirating a DVD.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, May 5, 2004
  6. mmmjean

    Biz Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    > > > Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you have

    no
    > > > rights to have a copy of it....

    > > Sure, dude, dream on...

    > You're not going to find much help here, since you openly admitted you

    were
    > pirating a DVD.
    >
    > Mike

    I, and I think many in here, can tolerate making an occasional backup of
    rare dvds or dvds you dont' want to get damaged, but blatantly making of
    copies of dvds you rented or sell after copying is just not tolerated.
    Biz, May 5, 2004
  7. mmmjean

    Mik DaDik Guest

    You could use IFOEDIT to create IFOs again... works well.

    Mik DaDik, May 6, 2004
  8. mmmjean

    mmmjean Guest

    > I extracted from a DVD only the 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
    > have the original DVD anymore.
    >

    >> Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you

    have no
    >> rights to have a copy of it....

    Maybe we are not living in the same country. In my country copying
    from a friend for personal use is allowed.

    >> I, and I think many in here, can tolerate making an occasional

    backup of
    >> rare dvds or dvds you dont' want to get damaged, but blatantly

    making of
    >> copies of dvds you rented or sell after copying is just not

    tolerated.

    Believe me, if I wanted to make "many" copies and "sell" them then I
    would I have used better tools than a mere copy-paste of the VOB files
    of the original DVD.
    I copied them from a friend for private use. For your information,
    this film was already on TV. Go ahead if you like to criticize all
    people having a DVD-recorder at home!

    The problem remains: switching from one VOB to the other is
    uncomfortable, that's why I want to glue the together.

    >> You could BUY the DVD!

    I wish I had the money for that.

    Well, I have a doubt. Are you guys from the USA? Are you sure that the
    film industry is having trouble because a few people are copying DVDs
    for their private use? Don't you think these problems rather come from
    the billions of dollars spent in Irak with the poor result we know?
    mmmjean, May 7, 2004
  9. mmmjean

    Biz Guest

    "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    > > I extracted from a DVD only the 4 VOB files onto my hard disk. I don't
    > > have the original DVD anymore.
    > >

    > >> Then delete the vobs, if you sell or dont own the original, you

    > have no
    > >> rights to have a copy of it....

    > Maybe we are not living in the same country. In my country copying
    > from a friend for personal use is allowed.

    Copyright infringement is international law, it matters not what country you
    live in. Personal use and DMCA regs differ, but not copyright laws...

    Biz, May 7, 2004
  10. mmmjean

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "mmmjean" <> wrote in message

    > Maybe we are not living in the same country. In my country copying
    > from a friend for personal use is allowed.

    What country is that? France? France abides by the same international
    copyright laws as most of the rest of the developed world, and copying from
    a friend is definitely not allowed. "Private personal use" refers to your
    own use of a DVD you already own. You could copy your own DVDs without
    breaking any laws. But you can't copy your friend's DVD - that's illegal.

    > >> You could BUY the DVD!

    > I wish I had the money for that.

    I'm sorry, but that's what you need to do, or do without it. I wish I had
    the money for a Ferrari, but I'll have to make do with what I have.

    > Well, I have a doubt. Are you guys from the USA? Are you sure that the
    > film industry is having trouble because a few people are copying DVDs
    > for their private use? Don't you think these problems rather come from
    > the billions of dollars spent in Irak with the poor result we know?

    Yes, the film industry is funding the war in Iraq. You're brilliant.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, May 7, 2004
  11. mmmjean

    mmmjean Guest

    Well, what do you think of the following acts:

    - break international agreements with UNO and act in the only
    (expected) interest of the USA

    - declare war to a country for a reason that was a lie (possession of
    weapons of massive destruction)

    - enforce democraty with violence and, if necessary to reach this
    goal, torture war prisoners

    - ...

    Small infrigements to international law?

    Among the infrigements to law mentioned in this thread, some are
    importants, other aren't. Guess which ones.
    mmmjean, May 7, 2004
  12. mmmjean

    Justin Guest

    Mike Kohary wrote on [Fri, 7 May 2004 05:33:31 -0700]:
    > "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Well, I have a doubt. Are you guys from the USA? Are you sure that the
    >> film industry is having trouble because a few people are copying DVDs
    >> for their private use? Don't you think these problems rather come from
    >> the billions of dollars spent in Irak with the poor result we know?

    > Yes, the film industry is funding the war in Iraq. You're brilliant.

    No, but the film industry is part of the war on the rest of the world's
    culture.
    Justin, May 7, 2004
  13. mmmjean

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Kohary wrote on [Fri, 7 May 2004 05:33:31 -0700]:
    > > "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> Well, I have a doubt. Are you guys from the USA? Are you sure that the
    > >> film industry is having trouble because a few people are copying DVDs
    > >> for their private use? Don't you think these problems rather come from
    > >> the billions of dollars spent in Irak with the poor result we know?

    > > Yes, the film industry is funding the war in Iraq. You're brilliant.

    > No, but the film industry is part of the war on the rest of the world's
    > culture.

    I think you guys are stretching it. Let's stick to the topic, ok?

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, May 7, 2004
  14. mmmjean

    Richard C. Guest

    "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    : Well, what do you think of the following acts:
    :
    : - break international agreements with UNO and act in the only
    : (expected) interest of the USA
    :
    : - declare war to a country for a reason that was a lie (possession of
    : weapons of massive destruction)
    :
    : - enforce democraty with violence and, if necessary to reach this
    : goal, torture war prisoners
    :
    : - ...
    :
    : Small infrigements to international law?
    :
    : Among the infrigements to law mentioned in this thread, some are
    : importants, other aren't. Guess which ones.

    ====================
    Rationalization is the realm of the thief!
    Richard C., May 7, 2004
  15. mmmjean

    Ronald Cole Guest

    (mmmjean) writes:
    > Well, what do you think of the following acts:
    >
    > - break international agreements with UNO and act in the only
    > (expected) interest of the USA

    And which agreements were those?

    > - declare war to a country for a reason that was a lie (possession of
    > weapons of massive destruction)

    Actually, I recall a decade and a "cease-fire" treaty and seventeen UN
    resolutions that said country rather flagrantly violated. And after
    all that, they were found to be in possession of banned weapons.

    > - enforce democraty with violence and, if necessary to reach this
    > goal, torture war prisoners

    Iraq under Hussein wasn't democratic, so there was no "democraty" to
    enforce. And I'd hardly call taking a few pictures of gay, homosexual
    terrorists having a prison orgy to rise to the level of "torture".
    However, terrorists capturing four non-combatants, killing them, and
    hanging their charred corpses out for all to see... now *that's*
    torture.

    > - ...
    >
    > Small infrigements to international law?
    >
    > Among the infrigements to law mentioned in this thread, some are
    > importants, other aren't. Guess which ones.

    The ones that are actually grounded in reality are. But I suspect you
    already and disingenuously knew that.

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
    Ronald Cole, May 7, 2004
  16. mmmjean

    Justin Guest

    Ronald Cole wrote on [Fri, 07 May 2004 14:44:26 -0700]:
    > (mmmjean) writes:
    >> Well, what do you think of the following acts:
    >>
    >> - break international agreements with UNO and act in the only
    >> (expected) interest of the USA

    > And which agreements were those?

    Well, but did they break agreements with UNO? Or did they try Skip-Bo?

    >> - declare war to a country for a reason that was a lie (possession of
    >> weapons of massive destruction)

    > Actually, I recall a decade and a "cease-fire" treaty and seventeen UN
    > resolutions that said country rather flagrantly violated. And after
    > all that, they were found to be in possession of banned weapons.

    That's a stretch. I seem to recall a failed UN vote on going in, and the
    US went anyway. As for banned weapons, what they found, a couple of
    rockets, were a far cry from the VX gas and Nuclear Weapons that the US
    "knew" they had. Where are the mobile truck weapons factories that Colon
    Powell presented? Oh yeah, they're figments of imagination.
    Justin, May 8, 2004
  17. mmmjean

    mmmjean Guest

    > I think you guys are stretching it. Let's stick to the topic, ok?

    Mike,

    If you want to stick to the subject then give me some hints about how
    to manipulate VOB files.

    About changing subjects I feel the responsibility is yours. After all
    you switched to moral considerations about law infringements (btw, you
    don't even need to open today's newspaper to see what law infrigements
    are: it's on the front page!)

    Jean
    mmmjean, May 8, 2004
  18. mmmjean

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "mmmjean" <> wrote in message
    > > I think you guys are stretching it. Let's stick to the topic, ok?

    > Mike,
    >
    > If you want to stick to the subject then give me some hints about how
    > to manipulate VOB files.
    >
    > About changing subjects I feel the responsibility is yours. After all
    > you switched to moral considerations about law infringements

    That was directly related to what you asked, though. I won't help you with
    your question (though I could), because what you're doing is wrong. Unlike
    some of the other zealots, though, I'm not judging you. I'm just saying
    that you should go and buy the movie legally, and then I'll help you. ;)

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, May 8, 2004
  19. mmmjean

    mmmjean Guest

    > I won't help you with
    > your question (though I could), because what you're doing is wrong.

    > I'm just saying
    > that you should go and buy the movie legally, and then I'll help you.
    >
    > Mike

    Hello Mike,

    I think the headlines of today's newspaper "le Monde" (a leading
    French newspaper) gives a good summary of what many foreigners think
    of advice comming from USA. The headlines ot this newspaper title:
    "L'Amérique et son complexe de supériorité morale".

    Of course, these headlines have nothing to do with DVDs (but - as you
    already guessed, it's about Irak). Somehow it illustrates the point:
    whatever happens in the world, whatever subject you consider(including
    DVDs!), the USA have an obvious complex of moral superiority! They are
    deeply convinced they know better than anybody else in the world what
    is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong.

    What about considering other people's views? And if do not agree with
    an stranger's position, it is always necessary to give moral lessons
    although you know moral is a very relative perspective?

    Jean
    mmmjean, May 10, 2004
  20. mmmjean

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    mmmjean wrote:

    >>I think you guys are stretching it. Let's stick to the topic, ok?

    > Mike,
    >
    > If you want to stick to the subject then give me some hints about how
    > to manipulate VOB files.
    >
    > About changing subjects I feel the responsibility is yours. After all
    > you switched to moral considerations about law infringements (btw, you
    > don't even need to open today's newspaper to see what law infrigements
    > are: it's on the front page!)
    >
    > Jean

    What are you using to play the files Jean? If using Power DVD then you
    can setup a playlist by clicking on the menu button and drag and drop
    your files into the playlist window.

    Their playlist is just a text file, so you could even write one
    yourself. Format is

    filepath\filename
    filepath\filename 2
    filepath\filename 3
    etc etc

    Save the textfile as playlist.pls and associate it with Power DVD and it
    should work fine.

    If using a different media player look for instructions to setup
    playlists in them.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus