    original, native IE6 rendering, JavaScript, ActiveX and security
    design,†company officials said ...

    Isn’t that exactly the situation we’re trying to get the **** away from??

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 16, 2011

  2. In message <12b0o22o73c39$.1ld7i2c6yh52v$>, Bret wrote:

    > Unibrows makes me think of the term monobrows, like a neanderthal LOL

    It sounds like a spoof product, doesn’t it? Spelled that way on purpose. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 16, 2011

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Murray Symon Guest

    migration-product/8933>:

    > “UniBrows delivers complete IE6 functionality and behaviors by using
    > the original, native IE6 rendering, JavaScript, ActiveX and security
    > design,†company officials said ...
    >
    > Isn’t that exactly the situation we’re trying to get the **** away from??

    A bit early for April 1.

    Murray Symon, Mar 16, 2011
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    On Mar 16, 7:41 pm, Murray Symon <>
    wrote:
    > >     “UniBrows delivers complete IE6 functionality and behaviors by using
    > >     the original, native IE6 rendering, JavaScript, ActiveX and security
    > >     design,” company officials said ...

    > > Isn’t that exactly the situation we’re trying to get the **** away from??

    > A bit early for April 1.

    Seems that some corporate intranet applications are dependent on IE6
    functionality and IT departments would rather retain IE6 rather than
    rewrite their server side code. So there seems to be a market for a
    IE6 lookalike browser which is will continue to have maintenance
    support and will not be 'broken' by Windows 8 (or whatever it will be
    called).

    peterwn, Mar 16, 2011
  5. In message
    <>, peterwn
    wrote:

    > Seems that some corporate intranet applications are dependent on IE6
    > functionality and IT departments would rather retain IE6 rather than
    > rewrite their server side code. So there seems to be a market for a
    > IE6 lookalike browser which is will continue to have maintenance
    > support and will not be 'broken' by Windows 8 (or whatever it will be
    > called).

    Until the company goes belly-up because it is trying to sell to a market
    which is too cheap to provide enough revenue to support the necessary level
    of software development.

    So then the customers are left with an orphaned technology on top of an
    orphaned technology, painting themselves into a corner twice over. What are
    they going to do then?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 16, 2011
  6. In message <ilp5du$o9o$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > I’m having serious trouble trying to get my head around this
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/former-microsoft-execs-launch-ie-6-migration-product/8933>:
    >
    > “UniBrows delivers complete IE6 functionality and behaviors by using the
    > original, native IE6 rendering, JavaScript, ActiveX and security
    > design,†company officials said ...
    >
    > Isn’t that exactly the situation we’re trying to get the **** away from??

    “As I have told you before, when Linux introduces a newer,
    backward-incompatible version of something and allows the
    new and old versions to coexist side by side, that is a
    Good Thing.â€
    <http://groups.google.com/group/nz.comp/msg/fefeca05d400e7b8>

    “When the same kind of thing happens on Windows, that is a
    Bad Thing.â€

    “Why the difference?â€

    “I am a Linux Consultant and I earn my income from Linux.
    If I spin this as a Bad Thing on Windows, and a Good Thing
    on Linux, people will be motivated to migrate from Windows
    to Linux and my future income prospects will increase.â€

    “You can tell from my cuss-words that I am very frustrated
    with the state of my income now.â€

    Lawrence D'Oublespeak, Mar 16, 2011