Globalscape Secure FTP server 2 Memory Leak

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Mark Brown, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Mark Brown

    Mark Brown Guest

    Anyone else found that globalscape secure ftp server 2 starts to act
    up after about a week of heavy use?

    Task manger shows 120,000 handles after about 7 days of use.

    This eventually downs the server.

    I have tried Globalscape support but ALL has gone cold. the last
    thing i was told at Christmas was other people were experiencing the
    same problem.

    I now have to login at night and down it. When downing, it takes up
    even more memory before eventually ending after 10 minutes.

    - System : Windows 2000 server
    - 515mb RAM
    - Raid 5 disk array
    - December distribution of secure ftp server
    - Utilise SSH and plain FTP

    Anyone else suffering??????????
    Mark Brown, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Mark Brown wrote:

    > Anyone else found that globalscape secure ftp server 2 starts to act
    > up after about a week of heavy use?
    >
    > Task manger shows 120,000 handles after about 7 days of use.
    >
    > This eventually downs the server.
    >
    > I have tried Globalscape support but ALL has gone cold. the last
    > thing i was told at Christmas was other people were experiencing the
    > same problem.
    >
    > I now have to login at night and down it. When downing, it takes up
    > even more memory before eventually ending after 10 minutes.
    >
    > - System : Windows 2000 server
    > - 515mb RAM
    > - Raid 5 disk array
    > - December distribution of secure ftp server
    > - Utilise SSH and plain FTP
    >
    > Anyone else suffering??????????

    Why not use a Linux server for this. I have for some time (in a Windows/UNIX
    mesh network) without any problems....

    Michael
    Michael J. Pelletier, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Mark Brown

    Guest

    Michael J. Pelletier wrote:
    > Mark Brown wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone else found that globalscape secure ftp server 2 starts to

    act
    > > up after about a week of heavy use?
    > >
    > > Task manger shows 120,000 handles after about 7 days of use.
    > >
    > > This eventually downs the server.
    > >
    > > I have tried Globalscape support but ALL has gone cold. the last
    > > thing i was told at Christmas was other people were experiencing

    the
    > > same problem.
    > >
    > > I now have to login at night and down it. When downing, it takes

    up
    > > even more memory before eventually ending after 10 minutes.
    > >
    > > - System : Windows 2000 server
    > > - 515mb RAM
    > > - Raid 5 disk array
    > > - December distribution of secure ftp server
    > > - Utilise SSH and plain FTP
    > >
    > > Anyone else suffering??????????

    > Why not use a Linux server for this. I have for some time (in a

    Windows/UNIX
    > mesh network) without any problems....
    >

    > Michael
    , Feb 3, 2005
  4. Mark Brown

    Guest

    UPDATE:

    Globalscape have now refunded me in full for these problems
    experienced.

    The problem is the SFTP component within their application. Basically
    if you use SFTP on this server you will have to reboot the server every
    3-4 days, otherwise it falls over in a big heap.

    My experience means i would not recommend a Globalscape server to
    anyone with a serious FTP / SFTP requirement. Its lacking in a few
    crucial areas and without their commitiment to add or fix the issues i
    cant see it being a serious contender to competition.

    Hope this help anyone else!
    , Feb 24, 2005