Global Warming

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009

  2. OldGringo38

    Jenn Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > Where dose it go in the Winter? <g>

    I want to know that too because it's FREEZING here! lol

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Jenn, Dec 9, 2009

  3. OldGringo38

    Anyolmouse Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    > Where dose it go in the Winter? <g>
    > --
    > Old Gringo
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    To Wash. D.C. mostly-
    --
    We have met the enemy and he is us-- Pogo

    Anyolmouse
    Anyolmouse, Dec 9, 2009
  4. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> Where dose it go in the Winter? <g>

    > I want to know that too because it's FREEZING here! lol

    It's not really that bad here but it was 10º below zero at my sisters
    this morning..

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009
  5. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Anyolmouse Post:
    > "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> Where dose it go in the Winter? <g>
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    > To Wash. D.C. mostly-

    Probably so. <g>

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009
  6. OldGringo38

    Me Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    > Where dose it go in the Winter? <g>
    > --
    > Old Gringo

    It flies south.
    Me, Dec 9, 2009
  7. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:
    > On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 09:43:10 -0600, OldGringo38
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    >>> I want to know that too because it's FREEZING here! lol
    >>>

    >> It's not really that bad here but it was 10? below zero at my sisters
    >> this morning..

    > Will be 10 above 0 F here tonight. Don't remember when its been this
    > cold this early. Western and Central US is influenced heavily upon El
    > Nino. NE is influenced by artic fronts. We're right inbetween.

    The Farmers Almanac predicted colder than usual and earlier than
    usual. Looks like they got it perfect. <g>

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009
  8. OldGringo38

    Jenn Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> Where dose it go in the Winter? <g>

    >> I want to know that too because it's FREEZING here! lol
    >>

    > It's not really that bad here but it was 10º below zero at my sisters
    > this morning..

    I guess we're lucky because the winter storm that hit Kansas just went north
    and west of us and got some of the Tx/Ok panhandle. We don't usually get
    that stuff until Jan or Feb.

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Jenn, Dec 9, 2009
  9. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:
    > On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:59:26 -0600, "Jenn" <>wrote:
    >
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    >>>>
    >>> It's not really that bad here but it was 10? below zero at my sisters
    >>> this morning..

    >> I guess we're lucky because the winter storm that hit Kansas just went north
    >> and west of us and got some of the Tx/Ok panhandle. We don't usually get
    >> that stuff until Jan or Feb.

    > http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2009/images/winteroutlook_temp.jpg

    Hey thanks for the link, I'm right on the 40% colder border. <g>

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009
  10. OldGringo38

    Jordon Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:55:08 -0600, OldGringo38
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:

    >>> Will be 10 above 0 F here tonight. Don't remember when its been this
    >>> cold this early. Western and Central US is influenced heavily upon El
    >>> Nino. NE is influenced by artic fronts. We're right inbetween.

    >> The Farmers Almanac predicted colder than usual and earlier than
    >> usual. Looks like they got it perfect.<g>

    > Yehbut they predict that every year...NOAA predicted warmer for much
    > of the country by as much as 40% but the east coast lower by 40% with
    > us in the middle for near normal. Started out here this morning at 7
    > around 52F. 60 mph wind gusts on the backside of the cold front that
    > whipped through. Now sun and clouds with a steady wind speed of 30.

    18 degrees in Seattle this morning.

    --
    Jordon
    Jordon, Dec 9, 2009
  11. OldGringo38

    Jenn Guest

    Jordon wrote:
    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:55:08 -0600, OldGringo38

    <snip>
    >> Yehbut they predict that every year...NOAA predicted warmer for much
    >> of the country by as much as 40% but the east coast lower by 40% with
    >> us in the middle for near normal. Started out here this morning at 7
    >> around 52F. 60 mph wind gusts on the backside of the cold front that
    >> whipped through. Now sun and clouds with a steady wind speed of 30.

    > 18 degrees in Seattle this morning.

    It's been a steady 24 degrees here all day so far. brrrrrrrrrrr

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Jenn, Dec 9, 2009
  12. OldGringo38

    Jenn Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:

    >>> I guess we're lucky because the winter storm that hit Kansas just
    >>> went north and west of us and got some of the Tx/Ok panhandle. We
    >>> don't usually get that stuff until Jan or Feb.

    >> http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2009/images/winteroutlook_temp.jpg

    > Hey thanks for the link, I'm right on the 40% colder border. <g>

    I'm right of the line between equal chances and >33% here in Tulsa.

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Jenn, Dec 9, 2009
  13. OldGringo38

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 08:43:50 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > Where dose it go in the Winter? <g>

    Australia.
    richard, Dec 9, 2009
  14. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    > Jordon wrote:
    >> Meat Plow wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:55:08 -0600, OldGringo38

    > <snip>
    >>> Yehbut they predict that every year...NOAA predicted warmer for much
    >>> of the country by as much as 40% but the east coast lower by 40% with
    >>> us in the middle for near normal. Started out here this morning at 7
    >>> around 52F. 60 mph wind gusts on the backside of the cold front that
    >>> whipped through. Now sun and clouds with a steady wind speed of 30.

    >> 18 degrees in Seattle this morning.

    > It's been a steady 24 degrees here all day so far. brrrrrrrrrrr

    It's 63º this afternoon and yesterday it was 70º for a brief time.
    <g> http://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Marfa.html

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009
  15. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    > Jordon wrote:
    >> Meat Plow wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:55:08 -0600, OldGringo38

    > <snip>
    >>> Yehbut they predict that every year...NOAA predicted warmer for much
    >>> of the country by as much as 40% but the east coast lower by 40% with
    >>> us in the middle for near normal. Started out here this morning at 7
    >>> around 52F. 60 mph wind gusts on the backside of the cold front that
    >>> whipped through. Now sun and clouds with a steady wind speed of 30.

    >> 18 degrees in Seattle this morning.

    > It's been a steady 24 degrees here all day so far. brrrrrrrrrrr

    It's 63º this afternoon and yesterday it was 70º for a brief time.
    <g> http://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Marfa.html
    PS: In the sun it feels like 90º.

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009
  16. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:

    >>> http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2009/images/winteroutlook_temp.jpg

    >> Hey thanks for the link, I'm right on the 40% colder border. <g>

    > I'm right of the line between equal chances and >33% here in Tulsa.

    Stay warm and comfy. <g> It gets cold here at night but for the most
    part the days are always beautiful.

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009
  17. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The richard Post:
    > On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 08:43:50 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Where dose it go in the Winter? <g>

    > Australia.

    lol But they have little if no concern about global warming.

    OldGringo38, Dec 9, 2009
  18. OldGringo38

    Jenn Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Jenn Post:

    >>> Hey thanks for the link, I'm right on the 40% colder border. <g>

    >> I'm right of the line between equal chances and >33% here in Tulsa.
    >>

    > Stay warm and comfy. <g> It gets cold here at night but for the most
    > part the days are always beautiful.

    I'm fixing to fire up the wood stove! Got it all cleaned up and the wood
    stacked inside .. all I have to do is light the firestarter under it and
    it'll be nice and warm. Actually, since I've been cleaning and moving
    around alot, I'm not really cold inside, and the sun is out shining directly
    on our bedroom wall so that helps, but once the sun goes down that fire is
    getting lit! :) We get cold spells for a week or two and then it warms up
    to something reasonable like the high 40's/low 50's. Tonight it's supposed
    to go down into the teens and then warm up some by this weekend.

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Jenn, Dec 9, 2009
  19. OldGringo38

    Jenn Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Jenn Post:

    >> It's been a steady 24 degrees here all day so far. brrrrrrrrrrr
    >>

    > It's 63º this afternoon and yesterday it was 70º for a brief time.
    > <g> http://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Marfa.html

    Can I call you WarmGringo instead of OldGringo?

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Jenn, Dec 9, 2009
  20. On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:50:19 -0800, Jordon <> wrote:
    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:55:08 -0600, OldGringo38
    >> <>wrote:
    >>
    >>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:

    >>> The Farmers Almanac predicted colder than usual and earlier than
    >>> usual. Looks like they got it perfect.<g>

    >> Yehbut they predict that every year...NOAA predicted warmer for much
    >> of the country by as much as 40% but the east coast lower by 40% with
    >> us in the middle for near normal. Started out here this morning at 7
    >> around 52F. 60 mph wind gusts on the backside of the cold front that
    >> whipped through. Now sun and clouds with a steady wind speed of 30.

    > 18 degrees in Seattle this morning.

    So? We've had 31°C in Houston at one Christmas, in 1967 or '68. Last
    Friday, we got the third snowfall in the 44 years I've lived in the city.

    --
    Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey () Houston, Texas
    www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2009-10 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
    The Chief Instigator, Dec 9, 2009