Global Warming At It Again

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Jul 25, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Jul 25, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Sea Cow Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:23:02 -0500, OldGringo38
    <> wrote:

    >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-10749124

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Peru in the Southern Hemisphere? That
    might (imho; ymmv) account for "While it's SO ~!@#$%^&* hot in these
    parts, maybe on the other side of the world....."

    Sea Cow, Jul 26, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/26/2010 5:02 PM Just to please that super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > In message<>, Sea Cow pondered the
    > following:
    >> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:23:02 -0500, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-10749124

    >> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Peru in the Southern Hemisphere? That
    >> might (imho; ymmv) account for "While it's SO ~!@#$%^&* hot in these
    >> parts, maybe on the other side of the world....."

    > Its got the Humboldt Current chilling it and poverty and lack of clothing seems
    > to be an issue:
    > From April to July 2009, unusually cold weather resulted in the deaths of more
    > than 250 children under the age of five.[2] In June, there
    > were 50,000 suffering from acute respiratory infections, and 4,851 with
    > pneumonia. Between mid April and mid June, 61 children perished.
    > [3] The United Nations Population Fund reported over 13,500 cases of pneumonia,
    > and more than 60,000 cases of respiratory infections.
    > The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is distributing blankets and
    > warm clothing. Whereas pneumonia cases resulting in
    > death of infants (who are often underclothed, if not barefoot) are the norm
    > during winter, the 2009 winter season was unusual in that it
    > began 12 weeks earlier than usual. More than 80 of the deaths occurred in Puno,
    > Peru, one of the larger cities of the Altiplano lying in the
    > central Andes. The children suffering from malnourishment are the population at
    > greatest risk in an impoverished southern area of Peru
    > lacking health care facilities.[2][4]
    >
    > Wikipedia, bitches. Gee, I wonder if the ANDES are like a way high mountain
    > range or sumtin!??!
    >
    > <rolls eyes>

    I don't believe he has been following all the global warming threads. :)
    Have a pleasant evening.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere