    advance

    Kind Regards,
    Karandeep Singh.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=, Jul 31, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Consultant Guest

    are you related to harsh singh or prajeep sing or manikander singh or,
    nevermind

    "Karandeep Singh" <Karandeep > wrote in
    message news:...

    Consultant, Jul 31, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    John R Guest

    "Karandeep Singh" <Karandeep > wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have a confusuon about global catalogs. If i take an example that we
    > have
    > a forest that contains two domains for e.g. microsoft.com and msn.com and
    > both domains are having sub-domains like sales.microsoft.com and
    > tech.msn.com
    > respectively. In this case all the domains in the forest will be having
    > global catalog of it's own and the partial copy of rest of the domains in
    > the
    > forest or only the parent domain that means the first domain in the forest
    > will be having the copy of global catalogs. Kindly clarify this. Thanks in
    > advance
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    > Karandeep Singh.

    "The global catalog is the central repository of information about objects
    in a tree or forest. By default, a global catalog is created automatically
    on the initial domain controller in the first domain in the forest. A domain
    controller that holds a copy of the global catalog is called a global
    catalog server. You can designate any domain controller in the forest as a
    global catalog server. Active Directory uses multimaster replication to
    replicate the global catalog information between global catalog servers in
    other domains. It stores a full replica of all object attributes in the
    directory for its host domain and a partial replica of all object attributes
    contained in the directory for every domain in the forest. The partial
    replica stores attributes most frequently used in search operations (such as
    a user's first and last names, logon name, and so on)."

    So, in other words, a global catalog server in tech.msn.com has a full
    replica of all objects in tech.msn.com, and a partial replica of all objects
    in all other domains in the forest. A global catalog server in the msn.com
    domain has a full replica of all objects in the msn.com domain, and a
    partial replica of all objects in all other domains in the forest.

    To put it a little simpler, the information that gets replicated to all of
    the global catalog servers in a forest is a partial replica of all items in
    the forest. A global catalog server adds to that a full replica of all
    items in it's own domain, and that is the global catalog that is available
    to it's domain.

    John R
    John R, Jul 31, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Aug 1, 2:25 am, "Consultant" <> wrote:
    > are you related to harsh singh or prajeep sing or manikander singh or,
    > nevermind

    That was just MEAN !

    nevermind ! ;-)
    Cerebrus, Jul 31, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Montreal MCT Guest

    It was not mean, it was just either juvenile or ignorant.

    My understanding is that Sikhs are baptized, and when they do they (the
    males) are given the name Singh to add to their name; women are given a
    different name that escapes me now.

    To make fun of someone's religious traditions is just stupid and is not
    becoming.

    --
    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS

    Montreal MCT, Aug 1, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Montreal MCT, Aug 1, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Montreal MCT" <> wrote in message
    > It was not mean, it was just either juvenile or ignorant.
    >
    > My understanding is that Sikhs are baptized, and when they do they (the
    > males) are given the name Singh to add to their name; women are given a
    > different name that escapes me now.
    >
    > To make fun of someone's religious traditions is just stupid and is not
    > becoming.
    >
    > --
    > Mitch Garvis, MCT
    > MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    > Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
    > Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

    Women are given the name Kaur. I think it means "princess", but I'm not a
    Sikh so I'm not 100% sure. Karandeep will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm
    sure.

    IT Girl MCDST
    TheITGirl, Aug 1, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Thanks ITGirl... I believe you are right.

    Montreal MCT, Aug 1, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Consultant Guest

    if you read correctly, which you didn't, probably because you are canadian,
    my post clearly states singh, a common indian last name. no where in my post
    did i make fun of his religious beliefs, that would be silly, as there is no
    god.

    Consultant, Aug 1, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    CBIC Guest

    I disagree.
    CBIC, Aug 1, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Consultant Guest

    of course you do

    Consultant, Aug 1, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Montreal MCT Guest

    I'm Canadian? What gave it away, eh? I'm always oot and aboot and nobody
    never says nothing, eh! Now pass the Moosehead and maple syrup and bring
    the sled dogs around so we can go to the hockey game, eh!

    Montreal MCT, Aug 1, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    > I'm Canadian? What gave it away, eh? I'm always oot and aboot and nobody
    > never says nothing, eh! Now pass the Moosehead and maple syrup and bring
    > the sled dogs around so we can go to the hockey game, eh!

    Take off, eh? You're such a HOSE HEAD!
    Frisbee®, Aug 2, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "Montreal MCT" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm Canadian? What gave it away, eh? I'm always oot and aboot and
    >> nobody never says nothing, eh! Now pass the Moosehead and maple
    >> syrup and bring the sled dogs around so we can go to the hockey game,
    >> eh!

    > Take off, eh? You're such a HOSE HEAD!

    Do you remember where we parked?

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Aug 2, 2007
  15. =?Utf-8?B?S2FyYW5kZWVwIFNpbmdo?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >> "Montreal MCT" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm Canadian? What gave it away, eh? I'm always oot and aboot and
    >>> nobody never says nothing, eh! Now pass the Moosehead and maple
    >>> syrup and bring the sled dogs around so we can go to the hockey game,
    >>> eh!

    >> Take off, eh? You're such a HOSE HEAD!

    > Do you remember where we parked?

    Man, do I ever! Wanna go parking again?