    I'm planning the AD across muliple locations and some of them are linked
    together with WAN connection. So, are there any concerns if I make ll of the
    DC also be a GC? Any advices or resources are very welcome.

    hAeW, Oct 1, 2003

  2. 2 schools of thought

    If all DCs hold a GCAT all is well (enterprise with WAN - expecially
    where there are excahnge 2k servers at the end of WAN links)

    or

    Never put a GCAT on an Infrastructure master and put them on as few as
    1 in the enterprise

    Marlin Munrow, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Personally speaking,

    We have a DC at every site connected by WAN links to Head-office. These
    remote DC's also contain GCAT.
    And you should not put a GCAT on the Infrastructure Master.

    Brian
    MCP, MCSA, MCSE

    Brian Warren \(Home\), Oct 1, 2003
  4. hAeW

    hAeW Guest

    Sorry if it sound stupid but what is the Infrastructure Master?

    hAeW, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Hi

    The Infrastructure Master is by default created on the first Domain
    Controller in the domain.

    I've snipped the paragraph below from the training books:

    In the Active Directory service, the Infrastructure Master updates the
    group-to-user references whenever the members of groups are renamed or
    changed.

    Brian
    MCP, MCSA, MCSE

    Brian Warren \(Home\), Oct 2, 2003