    If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
    Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
    Thanks :)
    XPD, Jul 8, 2005

  2. XPD

    Adam Guest

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:31:02 +1200, XPD wrote:

    >Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet connection
    >? (DSL/UBS)
    >If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
    >Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
    >Thanks :)

    Only 256 UBS here, but I'm in the Glenfield area, for what it's worth.
    Connecting via Maxnet.

    This was at lunchtime Saturday:

    250.2 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    235.6 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    259.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    90.6 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    244.0 k United States Nibble Information

    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 248.4 kbps
    Average (International): 167.3 kbps

    Adam.
    Adam, Jul 9, 2005

  3. XPD

    Nathan L, Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet connection
    > ? (DSL/UBS)
    > If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
    > Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
    > Thanks :)

    Let me guess: you're getting less than 1mbit internationally and 1.8
    national?
    Nathan L,, Aug 15, 2005
  4. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Nathan L," <> wrote in message
    > XPD wrote:
    >> Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet
    >> connection ? (DSL/UBS)
    >> If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
    >> Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
    >> Thanks :)
    >>

    > Let me guess: you're getting less than 1mbit internationally and 1.8
    > national?

    Heh, I was getting 2mb local and 256k intl :p
    But its been sorted, was one of Quicksilvers provider stuffing them around.
    XPD, Aug 15, 2005
  5. XPD wrote:
    > "Nathan L," <> wrote in message
    >
    >>XPD wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone else in the Glenfield area (Auckland) with a 2mb internet
    >>>connection ? (DSL/UBS)
    >>>If so, can you humour me, and goto www.speedtest.co.nz and run the test.
    >>>Then paste your results here along with which ISP you use.
    >>>Thanks :)
    >>>

    >>Let me guess: you're getting less than 1mbit internationally and 1.8
    >>national?

    > Heh, I was getting 2mb local and 256k intl :p
    > But its been sorted, was one of Quicksilvers provider stuffing them around.

    Speed Location Hosted By
    4649.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    20408.9 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug
    9425.8 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet
    570.9 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc
    709.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems
    Summary
    Average (New Zealand): 11494.7 kbps
    Average (Australia): kbps
    Average (International): 640.2 kbps

    Now that's broadband... Shame Telstra never made it to Auckland with
    their cable service. ADSL just doesn't live up to the hotair produced
    by Telecom.
    MaximumDamage, Aug 15, 2005