Glendale, California on a frigid winter day!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gary Edstrom, Dec 12, 2004.

  1. Gary Edstrom

    Gary Edstrom Guest

    This is a picture of Glendale, California on a frigid winter day. The
    temperature only got up to 85 degrees yesterday! (Burrrrrr!)

    http://gbe.dynip.com/Glendale/Q0016748A.JPG

    I used a polarizing filter for this shot. Other than that, it is an
    unmodified picture except for reducing in size and saving at a lower
    quality JPEG setting for posting on the web.

    The original was taken on an Oly E-10 at 2240x1680 pixels with minimal
    JPEG compression. It was taken from the highest point in Forest Lawn
    Memorial Park, Glendale.

    I'll have do dig through some of my father's old pictures. I believe
    that he has a shot taken from almost the exact same location around
    1952. It would be interesting to see all the changes that have
    occurred. The two biggest differences you would notice in the earlier
    picture is the lack of houses on the far hillside, and a similar lack of
    tall buildings in the downtown area.

    Gary Edstrom

    --
    Gary Edstrom <>