    the above system achieve the bandwidth sharing and failover for WAN ?

    Thank you so much for your input
    , Aug 14, 2007

  2. J.Cottingim Guest

    On Aug 14, 4:50 am, wrote:
    > Hi, all,
    >
    > I have a network infrastructure which has the central office and three
    > remote offices, they are linked together by site-to-site VPNs ( set up
    > with Cisco PIX ).
    >
    > we are going to set up the WAN HA solution in central office which
    > will use three internet lines from three different ISPs.
    >
    > Shall we purchase three Cisco Routers ( for ISP lines ) in Central
    > office to build up a GLBP network :
    > 1. each remote office will set up three site-to-site VPNs ( each for
    > each ISP ) linking to central
    > office to form the failover/load-sharing
    > 2. in central office, a PIX failover system behind the routers; the
    > PIx failover system is the same
    > subnet with LAN
    >
    > I would like to know if the above infrastructure is practical ? does
    > the above system achieve the bandwidth sharing and failover for WAN ?
    >
    > Thank you so much for your input

    Benson,
    I'm going to assume you are not only going to be using eBGP, but iBGP
    as well.
    I don't believe it would be a good idea to set up 3 separate VPN's per
    site. - one would probably be sufficient.
    If you set up more than one to each location, you'd have to set up
    some pretty tricky routing to make it work.
    I would suggest setting up two PIX's at the home office for HA. This
    would allow for an easier configuration and routing.

    Just a thought, why three ISP's - two is usually enough.

    Good Luck
    JC
    J.Cottingim, Aug 15, 2007