"Gladiator" Gold Series

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Maverick Dude, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Is their a difference, other than the gold box? Thanks.

    Maverick Dude, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Maverick Dude

    Brian Barker Guest

    I'm not sure about the gold box edition, but Ridley is working on a longer
    directors cut or whatever they are calling them these days. I'd wait
    myself.

    Brian

    Brian Barker, Jun 8, 2004

  3. "Maverick Dude" <> wrote in message
    > Is their a difference, other than the gold box? Thanks.

    No. The studio simply packages the original dvd in a gold sleeve to give
    some impression that it is a newer version. This makes about as much sense
    as Superman (Superbit) costing more than a deluxe 2 dvd version set with all
    kinds of extras. Same for Mystic River. No extra's on the single WB dvd, but
    2 bonus discs in a box set that costs $15.00.

    Tad Bitt§ï£, Jun 9, 2004